Closet Heat Problems

ThePilot

im growing in a 10ft x 2.5ft closet, and im trying to use a 400 watt and a 250 watt at the same time. My only problem seems to be the heat. i have two box fans at each bottom corner facing the plants so the air will circulate. I have also put two 12v fans on the lights and the temp still seems to be reaching 90 degrees++++. any ideas will help!

Perhaps instead of having the fans blowing on the lights. Try situating them to blow the hot air away from the site. Like miwa said, get that hot air out of there. It seems you're only circulating the warm air and pushing it around in the same spots.

Wow your burning two lamps and no exhaust... Damn buddy you need to get your self some Inline fan action and draw that heat out of those lamps...nuttin else will work...you have over 600w burning a whole in you house.... Those computer rans are good for a baby setup....not hps and shit....

Computer fans ima saying.....not the computer ran....cause if it did?...where would it go?....I mean computers are technically running lots of things...and are actually running while powered on so......I guess the computer can run....word

i ran a 600w and had two fans one inside to move air and one outside to blow cool air in i also used a black sheet over the door to prevent light leaks this help me keep temps around 75-80 good luck let us know how it goes !

im growing in a 10ft x 2.5ft closet, and im trying to use a 400 watt and a 250 watt at the same time. My only problem seems to be the heat. i have two box fans at each bottom corner facing the plants so the air will circulate. I have also put two 12v fans on the lights and the temp still seems to be reaching 90 degrees++++. any ideas will help!

Your lights are putting 2200 BTUs of heat into your closet. You have to either cool the room by the same amount, or draw that heat out. Your fans are doing nothing but making sure all that heat is well mixed with the room air. The best solution would be air cooled hoods with their own air circuit. Or, you could install a portable air conditioner inside the grow space and vent it outside. The next best thing would be some kind of plenum to seperate the heated air from the plant space. This would be like a drop ceiling with cutouts around your lights, with an exhaust pulling the air above the ceiling out of the room. Stop blowing so much air around, and work on a good exhaust for the top of the room. Let cooler air into the room from floor level, and draw the hot air out of the top of the room. Keep any fans in the room close to the floor, at low speed, and aim them at the plants. You want to induce an updraft to pull out the heated air.

Back
Top Bottom