Closet planning underway

squint2focus

Well, here we go... I have an interior utility closet off the bathroom that I'm going to be using. I plan on using stratlogic's closet design as a basis, but I'm making mine just a little longer.
2x4x6 and with 6 casters so that I can wheel it out if another electrical emergency arises (having the house rewired over 2 weeks=4 dead plants :( )

100_3059.jpg

100_3061.jpg

100_3062.jpg

These shelves are coming down Wednesday, once the electrician is done. He's also installing two new outlets for me in the room... you know, to charge the batteries on all my RC cars ;) Gonna be on 20amp circuits.

The entrance to the (unused) attic is in this room, too-
100_3073.jpg

As you can see, the room was closed off when the house was renovated from a commercial business to a residence and left pretty unfinished:
100_3074.jpg

Anyhow, this is what I'm working with. Ideas are greatly appreciated!! Wanted to get input before I start putting too much together. Any problems anyone can foresee now will save me time and (more importantly) $$$ later!!

Its going to be for soil grows and will probably start out using CFLs for monetary reasons! Once we get through a harvest or two and not shelling out $120 a week for personal smoke, I'll be putting in a switchable HPS/MH w/hood.

Other than taking out the shelves, I don't plan on doing many modifications to the room itself, except for possibly venting to the attic.

:rollit:

Nice!! It looks like you have a lot of potential with that room. My biggest concern is always ventilation and power but you seem to have that under control here. You could get by with just cfls (to address the monetary situation) as I have already seen it done here with much success. My memory has let me down who it was though, but it was here! Keep us posted for sure.

I'm sure you know this but you need to make sure to wash the walls with bleach and make sure there is no mold growing anywhere. Basically sterilize the room, cover it in plastic/mylar and yeah, we will be here to answer your questions. Best of luck, be safe, tell no one and this grow will be a success.

Great potential new room and having a 20 amp circuit helps you. Yes scrub the room clean, sterilize it good as you can. I have a concern as time goes on though and heat and temp build up is there, and it vents out thru the top CMU wall. Creepy little bugs and flying sticky insects love warmness to breed in.
Does that area vent all the way thru the floor joists? Going outside?
Back up lights can be had since you have had an electrical failure before.Look into this at a local Building Supply store near you.
Keep us posted on the progress please. We look forward to viewing your pics.

Quick Wednesday morning update:
The electrician is still here doing the rewire so planting will be postponed until the 13th. I was worried about bugs and icky things, too. I'm going to do a complete scrub-down on the room and I'm talking my wifey-poo into helping out with that. Gonna slap up a couple coats of washable paint on the concrete block walls, too. BUT... I've decided that since this is a utility room (ie: two of our electric panels are in there) I'm going to build a cabinet on rollers for the actual grow, something more stealthy that can be moved out in extreme need. I'll post my plans for that later on in this same thread.

back soon!

Back
Top Bottom