closet set up turning leaves brown

e-maestro

hi all i have a few plants what are very young only 4 single leaves on them. i have them in a closet is small pots what you get other seedlings in from shops. i have 2 4ft flouros hanging 2 inches above the leaves and water them till the surface is moist every 2 days. last night when i checked on them i noticed that the tips are starting to turn brown and the leaves curl.

im not sure if this is the right category for this tread but any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers
emaestro

Pics would be most helpfull. What type of soil are they in? Whats the temp in your grow space? Are you giving them any Nutes?? What watts are your lights?

only water them when the soil is dry, stick your finger in the soil about an inch to check if its dry, or when you see the dirt pulling away from the sides of the pots.

here are some pics. these were taken yesterday and the plants are 2 weeks old. are they small for there age

DSCF0955_Medium_Web_view.jpg

DSCF0956_Medium_Web_view.jpg

they are under 3 x fluro 2xcool 1x warm all globes are 36watt *( i know when flowering time comes i will need to get better lighting )
there is 1 fan blowing on them the cupboard door stays open a bit as the room they are in is completly dark
i gave them a small amount of trace chemicals.
i transplated them a week ago into bigger pots ( i was very carefull )

please help me, what am i doing wrong ? are they small ? do i need more air circulating ? is the lights too high ( i lifted them a bit higher until i know whats up wit these plants.

2 of the plants are going fine the others are turning yellow and the leaves are starting to curl down

i want to thank you all for your help. i went to my local hydro shop and sorted my shit out 1 by getting a proper grow light insted of fluros, just a word of warning peeps. i went into 1 hydro shop close to my house and felt the guy was trying to up sell. i wanted a small closet set up and he was trying to get me to make a bigger set up then required.
he seemed like a young stoner dude so i asked if he knew of any local growers. he said he did. then he asked how many pounds i wanted......
now i didnt know him from a bar of soap and hes offering me pounds of weed .. i think not.
i did some enquiries into other hydro shops around my area and when found a credible 1 owned by a fellow stoner and spoke about this guy offering me pounds of weed the shop owner knew exacly which hydro shop i was talking about and said that he had a few costomers come through and say the same thing about this dodgy shop. he even said 1 guy as soon as he got the stuff home cops raided his house. luckily he had no plants at the time.....

just thought id pass this info onto you all .....stay safe...

hmm i have a shop near me with someone matching that discription also trying to get me to go bigger then i want to or just trying sell more of his product, however never offered any weed but did offer to make house calls to make sure my grow was gowing right i kind of felt that was not safe and wierd he looks like a little stoner kid as well with tatoos and piercings knows what he is talking about too, anyway everything was bought by cash and never got my name or address

if they would just legelize it everything would be fine but nooooooooo something thats been on earth for millions of years growing from the planet is all of a sudden ilegal lol..
anyway,peace fellow smokers
1stimer

^^BUMP^^
i totally agree with you, and just to add, (although, she was jsut as shysty as my ex-wife) my ex-mother inlaw said that " life isnt difficult, its people that make life difficult ." so although there is, as far as weed goes there seems to be twice the bad. they really need to cut the shit, and legalize!! :hmmmm: but wait a minute, we are the they. . arent we?

Back
Top Bottom