Closet Warrior's Soil 4 Strains CFL Grow 1st Journal

ClosetWarrior

i need to note that the idea for this setup was inspired by skooterclowns cfl cabinet grow on the forums here at 420magazine and i would like to say thanks to skooterclowns and everyone else here for sharing and for the great information

so my main grow space is 16x36x60 with 4x68w cfl @ 2700k 4200 lumens each and i have another space in the top of the closet that is 16x36x28 with 7x23w 6500k and 4x23w 2700k cfl, both are vented with their own 100cfm computer fans ducted through the wall dumping air into my br closet, and both have passive intakes pulling air from the bottom of my bedroom closet. the lower chambers vent is pushing into a home made fart can.

closet_pic_1.PNG

lights_big_chamber_2.PNG

veg_chamber_8-31-11.PNG

at the moment i have one lemon skunk at 44 days 12/12 one lsk at 13 days 12/12 and a blue satellite that was autoflowering on me that has been in 12/12 for 8 days. all are in a equal mix of pearlite promix and mg organic choice soil. vegging i have 2 cheese about 12" and a sweet cindy 99 about 18" all in 2 gallon potters with the same mix as above.

sc99_9-2-11.PNG

sweet cindy 99

for veg im using foxfarms grow big and big bloom every other watering and i am using calmag carboload and great white bennificial bacteria every 4th watering im at about 400-500 ppm @ ph of 6.0 (i try to swing the ph from 5.8 to 6.2) temps are around 86 during the day and 77 at night with a rh of around 40

the lemon skunk that is at 44 days is in a 1 gallon potter and drinks about every 3rd day she is getting around 600-650 ppm of foxfarms tiger bloom big bloom and advanced nutrients big bud powder every other watering sometimes she goes 2 waterings just ph'd water and about every 3rd watering she gets a little calmag. temps and rh are about the same as the veg chamber

lsk_day_42_flowering.PNG

lemon skunk day 42

bud_shot_lsk_day_42_flower.PNG

bud shot lemon skunk

the lsk at 13 days is in a 2 gallon potter and is getting about 500 ppm ff tiger and big bloom every other watering

i have been fighting spyder mites since the start but they seem to be laying back now. i just sprayed every 3rd day for 9 days with scotts volck oil spray and seems to be working i havnt seen anything crawling for about 4 days now.

well i hope that covers the background and setup

thanks for tuning in, i hope this can be fun for all of us. if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know

a little update,

i had to tear down and move everything to my guest room for the weekend as i went out of town and had construction workers in the house working while i was gone. so i built a temp. tent with some poly. a 2x4 from the bed to the dresser to hang the light and cover with poly vented like it was in the closet.

when i came home the guest room was wayyyy hot. well over 100f. at the time i did not notice any signs of heat stress and was happy to see a few inches of new growth on all the plants.

now 2 days later i am noticing some yellowing on the tops of the plants vegging. at first i thought it might be an s defficiency but after some searching i found a picture of a plant that looks similar to mine that was getting too cold at night with too big a temp swing causing yellowing of the tops of the plant. (from Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial here on the forums) could it show temp stress like this if it was hot for 2 days and then back to reg temps. the

here is a pic of my sc99 which shows what they are all doing.

sc99_9-7-11_yellowing_tops.PNG

its time to water soon and i was wondering what you guys think, i have epsom salts if it looks like s def. and not sure what to do if it is heat stress related.

well i made a little money helping a friend do some trimming so i thought i would make my grow a little stronger i picked up 2 more 68w cfls and a couple pieces of wood to build a new hood. everything went togeather great. the hood is made of a piece of high density particle board 34x12, and two 2x6 @ 34". i used the ducting and fan from my first hood. also i pulled down the lemon skunk at 54 days its not the most chronic looking but it smokes suprizingly well. with i nice buzz that seems to assert itself ontop of the other smoke i have right now. quite nice. i love the smell of this strain.

new_hood_6_bulbs.PNG

new_hood.PNG

lsk@23 days in the front and bsat@17 days in the rear
lemon_front_bsat_rear.PNG

in the absence of the lsk i turned the lights back on the sc99 and one of the cheese plants. they got the flip on the 10th the following pics were taken 3 days in, you can also see lsk2 and the autoflowering blue sattelite on the right of the pics with the lsk2 being in the foreground. lsk2 is at 23 days 12\12 and the blusat is at 17 days.

from left to right cheese, sc99 both @ 3 days, blusat@17 days and lsk@ 23 days
flower_chamber.PNG

cheese top view
cheese_top_view.PNG

cheese and sc99
cheese_left_sc99_right_day_3_12_12.PNG

here is a look at the closet with the poly pulled back
the_closet.PNG

also i was able to pick up a digital ph meter to compliment my new ppm meter hoorrraaayyyy no more drops and guessing colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well ill try to keep you guys posted and ill be taking shots of clones and veg plants tonight so might be more pics tomorrow.

:peace:

hey astonr420 thanks for takin a look. i was pokin around your grow and i got to say i like the setup. i hope your girls are lookin better its too bad bout the double feeding im sure they will bounce back tho.

my girls are exploding right now at day 10 12-12 starting to see the first signs of bud with extra hairs showing up in all the nodes. the cheese is starting to smell more. also the lsk is filling out nice at day 31 12-12

words will never do so here are some pics (ill start with lsk1 harvested bud shots)

lemon_harvest_shot_1.PNG

most of the harvest it was about 12g total but i couldnt help but to sample before taking pics
lemon_harvest_shot4.JPG

now for the sweet young ladies the cheese1 and sc99a were potted up to 3 gallon potters with a little ffof+pearlite on day one 12-12 i forgot to mention in the last post. and the little cheese that could has outgrown sc99.

lets start with a shot of the closet

flower_chamber_9-22-11.JPG

heres the beautiful cheese day 10
that_lovely_cheese.JPG

cheese_day_10_flower2.JPG

cheese_day_10_flower.JPG

theres_buds_in_them_ther_nodes.JPG

and sc99 day 10
sc99_day_10.JPG

first_signs_of_bud_sc99.JPG

sc_first_signs_of_bud.JPG

and blue sat day 25

bsat_2_2_day_25_2.JPG

bsat_2_2_day_25.JPG

well thats all i got tonight looks like theyll drink tomorrow

oh yea i did pop a bagseed from some killer i got a while back it poked its little head out of the rapid rooter today and dropped its shell i cant get ne pics to turn out but as soon as i do ill post, everybody cross your fingers and wish me a female as i dont have any more seeds.

so i was doing the garage sale thing this morning and stumbled across a 150w hps floodlight for $5. SOLD!!!!!!! i removed everything from the housing and mounted the socket to my existing hood using the bracket it was mounted in the housing with. then i mounted the ballast to the top of the hood, wired it in and am now very happily 16000 lumens brighter for $5. :thumb:. this takes me to a total of 558w and 41000+ lumens @ 11500 lumens / sq ft. ill try to post pics tonight if i have a chance to take some b4 the lights go out. i will also be beefing up my exhaust fan with a 150cfm 120mm fan i pulled from a dell server. as well i mounted a 120 mm normal speed comp fan blowing across the bulbs and plant tops.

the girls are doing awesome the cheese and sc99 are now at 14 days and the lemon is at 35 days. the sc99 is realy starting to show flowers and the cheese is not far behind. lsk is filling out (i think it will explode now as it is directly under the hps)

i was wondering if anyone has thoughts on if 12000 lumens per foot squared is enough and if i can add the lumens per bulb with cfl. i have heard that if you have 2 1200 lumen cfl you do not have 2400 lumens but rather 1200 lumens spread over more area. i have also seen alot of people just adding the lumen rating of each bulb to find the total lumens. if anyone could straighten me out on this it would be awesome cuz at the moment i am quite confused.

well till later :peace: and :love:

I think the lumen output of CFLs refers to the total lumens being output in all directions from the bulb, so the amount of lumens hitting your plants depends on the effectiveness of the reflection being used.
Around 7,000-10,000 lumens per square foot is recommended.
Not sure about calculating the total lumens by adding up each bulb, I guess the only way to know for sure would be a light meter.

Nice score on the hps btw!
good luck man.:peace:

hey mad woodsman thanks for the input, you got me thinkin and i pulled my hood and painted the inside white and also put reflective material lining the floor.

i also added a 120mm fan blowing across the new hps temps never rose too much but i figured i could keep it closer to the tops if i keep it cooler. temps are around 84 lights on and 73 lights off. rh is around 45 to 55% i just watered at about 950 ppm with foxfarms bigbloom and tigerbloom last watering was just carboload calmag and bennies the girls are drinking about every 3-4 days now.

the lsk is filling out nicely at day 39 and cheese and sc99 are starting to bud up. i donated the blue satellite to a friend who had his crop die while out of town for the weekend. his brother never came by to water his plants and he lost everything.

well enough yappin how about some pics.

cheese day 18
cheese_day_18.JPG

cheese_18_days_2.JPG

cheese_18_days.JPG

sc99 day 18
sc99_day_18_pic2.JPG

sc99_day_18.JPG

sc99_18_days.JPG

lsk day 39

lsk_day_39_pic4.JPG

lsk_day_39_pic3.JPG

lsk_day_39_pic2.JPG

and i finnaly got a pic of the bagseedling to turn out ok
bagseedling_pic_2.JPG

well thats all for tonight thanks for checkin it out and please comment id like to hear some feedback:peace:

Re: Closet Warrior's GH Cheese LSK BOG SC99 Soil 400w+ CFL and 150w hps Grow

got a few nice shots of the girls today i cant wait for the chop!!!!!!!! 15-20 days left for the lsk

Lsk day 40
lsk_day_40_pic_2.JPG

lsk_40_days_pic_3.JPG

lsk_40_days.JPG

and some fresh pics of the younger girls. day 19 cheese on left and sweet cindy 99 on the right

the_girls_day_19.JPG

sc99 day 19
sc99_19_days_frosting_up.JPG

sc99_bud_shot_day_19.JPG

wish i had more for ya but im just getting this camera figured out

:peace: and :green_heart:

Re: Closet Warrior's GH Cheese LSK BOG SC99 Soil 400w+ CFL and 150w hps Grow

sc99 day 19
sc99_19_days_frosting_up.JPG

sc99_bud_shot_day_19.JPG

wish i had more for ya but im just getting this camera figured out

:peace: and :green_heart:

these look great!!! your getting the hang of the camera just fine there buddy!!!

:peacetwo:

thanks astonr420. it took like 100 fuckn pictures to get those tho. i love how the sc99 shows trichs so soon and when she finishes she is soooooo frosted
truely a great strain.

hey i hope ur clones work out i had some success with those jiffy pellets at first but then it seemed like every clone i took rotted it sucked. i got to say rapid rooters and clonex is the way to go, 95% success for me and im pretty new to all this.

its been a while since the last update so here we go, the sc99 and cheese are now at day 37 12\12 and are looking awesome. both were transplanted at day 22 into 7 gal pots, a little late but it needed to be done. also the grow space was lined with real mylar instead of the cheap dollar store wrapping paper. the inside of the light hood was also lined with mylar. the sc99 is absolutly covered with trichomes and the cheese is soooo stinky. i had to build a new carbon filter. some ducting, hardware cloth, metal screen, and clamps it was pretty easy. so with the stink taken care of how about some pics of the ladies.

lets start with the cheese day 33

cheese_day_33.JPG

cheese_33_days.JPG

cheese_top_day_33.JPG

da_cheese.JPG

more_cheese_33.JPG

sc99 day 33 i love this strain

sc99_33_days.JPG

sc99_33_days_s.JPG

sc99_day_33.JPG

and the cheese on day 36 looking loverly

cheese_36_days.JPG

cheese_day_36.JPG

and sc99 day 36

sc99_36_days.JPG

sc99_day_36.JPG

sc99_days_36.JPG

and then the cheese day 37

cheese_day_37.JPG

and more sc99 day 37

sc99_day37.JPG

sc99_day_36_2.JPG

sc99_day_37.JPG

and the closet day 37

the_closet_day_37.JPG

well there are the girls in the last few days let me know what you guys think

:peace:

Nice Diy's, and very nice buds your growing! I remember that reflector diy from Skooterclownz, you did a great job with it along with the exhaust and cool tube style construction.:goodjob: You have some frosty ones there that are sure to please! Did you leave the autoflower on 12/12? I was thinkin since you have a veg area and a flower area that any auto's that you have once the lights were about to be out in the flower room to toss em in the veg room for another 6-8hrs which will effect the yield on the positive side, just a thought for the future maybe. The mix lighting wouldn't be bad ... maybe not as preferrable to some but ok for an experiment if one was willing and able. +reps for some nice construction and pretty ladies. Thanks for sharing your grow also:thumb:

Thanks Astoner for the positive feedback

And to Voltron, yea i am pretty happy about how the setup is working and how the ladies are looking as this is only my 3rd go at growing anything. i cant wait for the chop today will be day 42 and the flush starts with the next watering, To answer your question about the autoflower it is not actualy an autoflowering strain it is blue satellite 2.2 from spice of life but it is flowering due to a clone being taken too late into flower. this is how it was when i got it and i cannot seem to bring it out of it. the one that was flowering was given to a friend who lost his all his girls when his brother failed to water them for him while he was out of town. i do have another clone from that one that is "vegging" right now but it is very slow growing and will not come out of flower. im not sure if i have enough light to reveg it properly. it tended to try to flower in veg for my buddy too under t5's but as soon as he threw it under 1000 hps he was able to pull it out. when it gets flowered in the next round do you think the extra hrs of light would still be appropriate considering it not being an autoflowering strain?

thanks for the +rep and positive comments. hopefully i can find the charger to my camera and get some more pics up soon including the vegg chamber.

:peace: :green_heart: and big nugs

so is the Fox Farms all your using on the ladies??? I seen the pictures of the Big Bloom and Grow Big... No tiger bloom for that??? LOL

You should really check out BPN, those nutes are legit!!! I am using them on the clones outside, and the new seeds that I got going!!! They are in their 3rd week of veg today!!! I got GDP and Afgoo going!!!

:peacetwo:

hey astoner prety much all they are getting is ff they are in ff ocean forest w/ pearlite since about the middle of veg. ocean forest is kindof a hot soil so after each transplant i wait to give it grow big till it has been watered like 3 times, during those 3 waterings they will get a little calmag carboload and great white bennies, then soft with the grow big and some big bloom. for flower i transplant to my biggest potter and hit em with a little tiger and big bloom and a few weeks into flower i give em some advanced nutrients big bud along with the tiger and big bloom. up to about 1100 ppm ph 6.2 for about the last 2 feedings and then cut all nutes and give the soil a nice leach (which i am doing tonight) about 10 days before the chop.

as far as using bp nutes i am sitll learning and it seems to be working well. i was taught by a 25+ year grower this sytem and i have seen his results which are amazing. i think that i will stay with ff till i got it mastered and then i will do some experimenting with other nutes, mabey i will try some bp next. right now i dont know. i will continue watching your grow so show me what they can do!!! your girls are looking nice btw, well sorry for the novel but i figured id share my recipe with everyone.

well im off to wander the forums :peace:

Thanks Astoner for the positive feedback

And to Voltron, yea i am pretty happy about how the setup is working and how the ladies are looking as this is only my 3rd go at growing anything. i cant wait for the chop today will be day 42 and the flush starts with the next watering, To answer your question about the autoflower it is not actualy an autoflowering strain it is blue satellite 2.2 from spice of life but it is flowering due to a clone being taken too late into flower. this is how it was when i got it and i cannot seem to bring it out of it. the one that was flowering was given to a friend who lost his all his girls when his brother failed to water them for him while he was out of town. i do have another clone from that one that is "vegging" right now but it is very slow growing and will not come out of flower. im not sure if i have enough light to reveg it properly. it tended to try to flower in veg for my buddy too under t5's but as soon as he threw it under 1000 hps he was able to pull it out. when it gets flowered in the next round do you think the extra hrs of light would still be appropriate considering it not being an autoflowering strain?

thanks for the +rep and positive comments. hopefully i can find the charger to my camera and get some more pics up soon including the vegg chamber.

:peace: :green_heart: and big nugs

Hey CW, I see what you're saying now. If it isn't an autoflowering strain I definately wouldn't give it more than 12 hours of light/dark to keep her flowering. That is interesting at least to me that she's fighting against your efforts to re-vegg her. I wasn't aware that you may need a higher watt light to revegg once taken late in flowering, maybe never considered, but good info to know that it can be done successfully. :thumb: smoke report will be in order soon :bravo: Cool on the pics can't wait, I'm shopping for a decent inexpensive one myself which will complement a journal. Check you out later buddy.

Back
Top Bottom