ClosetCase420's - RDWC - 600W MH/HPS - Wonder Woman - Grow Journal - 2015

I have not had to deal with that I don't know much about it. It could be too close to the light though and you just burnt that.

The plants are very close to done. it wouldn't be a horrible thing to harvest it now. but I am sorry I can't help with this one. I just never have had to fight that one.

It usually comes from too humid a room. In late bloom you want the humidity much lower. What is your humidity right now?

Be carefully as you remove and bag the bad spots first so as not to redistribute spores if you think you have bud rot.

Is there anything else that can explain dry crispy bud sitting right next to moist bud?

The humidity is definitely not high, if anything it is too low.

RH moves between 28-36% depending on the lights.

Temperature moves between 59-70 deg depending on the lights.

It has been incredibly cold lately, and the water temperature itself has been sitting around 62 degrees instead of the 67 I try and keep it at.. Don't know that has anything to do with this.

The picture doesn't look like mold does it? Should I just smoke it and see if I doesn't kill me :)

ph staid steady last night, 5.7

ppm did however increase from 770 - 830 over night.

This may be far off from left field but could it be that when I was running the res at a lower ppm and the plant was leaching nutrients back into the water that the plant basically stopped producing at that point in time and it hasn't been doing anything other than sitting there the last few weeks? If that were the case she wouldn't still be drinking water right?

Hi ClosetCase, if you think you might have rot or mold check out this journal and read the first couple of pages.
BUD WASHING

I wud watch closely, if it contiounes roting, ohter buds will get dry i wud chop Asap.in my opinion full dry , crispy bud at still in soil plant is not a good sign and i wud take it down, especially its close to harvest time anyway . Sorry for bad english

I had bud rot with automazar , had to chop like week earlier i had planned
IMAG053016.jpg

Tip is rotten

I went ahead and bit the bullet. I've cut off the buds that were hard and crispy.
I think they were in the beginning stages of bud rot as I see some white which I'm assuming is mold.
I've also cleared out the bad foliage and replaced the res with straight tap water.
I'm going to let them go another day or two to flush unless other buds start to show the same signs of getting dry and crispy.

RSOiler.. thanks for the info.
I think I should probably try and wash the moldy buds if nothing else, hope that it cleans them up.

I wash my buds anyway. There is a nice thread on it I may have pointed you at before. I think RSoiler pointed you to the last page...jut get to the first page and read until you get to the post by the guy who started this and read his thoughts. Good stuff.

I have read of people washing out mold but I don't know about crispy rot.

For that to really happen the stem inside would have had to have been totally broken (which is unlikely) or rotted through so not water can get through.

Either way I agree With your approach better to be safe than sorry. The one thing as I mentioned before is to bag it first because if it is a mold you want to contain the spores when removing it.

You have awesome great looking flowers. Just start topping off with water and in a few days start your flush and be done. You did a great job. Be happy with what you got and get your next run started. you learned a lot on this one so your next one will be even better.

I will say this one more time only because it may be the cause of the rot.

To prevent Rot you need good airflow and drier conditions in bloom. I told you in the beginning and about umpteen times throughout that my biggest concern with your grow was it getting too cramped in there. I feel that space is great for a single Scroged plant and good for 2. You may have chocked off the air flow to the plant and allowed for localized stagnant air from overcrowding. Meaning if there is a good flow path for air like up the middle then maybe the air around an edge or corner is not moving at all.

Live and learn. You did great!

Wash them buds and enjoy it while it lasts.

No point in smoking it now though. Uncured weed smokes like crap anyway. even if it doesn't have rot it wont be nice. if it does have rot man you could have all kinds of nasty.

Just wash it and dry it and cure it in separate jars from the rest and cross your fingers.

You have inspired me to make the call on my grow :) ...

I will harvest and wash on Friday night so I am going to put down some fresh seed tonight. Wish me luck!

Yah that is an awful small space to try to overload. I have expanded my size but had 4 big plants in a 2x4 tent flowering and it was messy and hard. Small area's are sooo hard to regulate. You did awesome with it. One plant grown in scrog in there cleaner will give you the same results as trying to pack them in. A good single plant scrog will fill that thing easily....

Just me lurking around throwing out info you probably shouldn't listen to...

FE

Time for an update..

So far the rest of the crop appears to be finishing up just fine, no other buds have become crispy.

I cut off the crispy parts of the crispy buds and jarred them to separate them from everything else. I've also hung up the non crispy parts of the affected bud to dry. These all seem to be doing just fine at this time.

For shits and giggles I weighed the one bud I had to cut the top off of, total weight was just shy of 2 oz. I'm sooo stoked at the size of these things.

I am going to cut down the rest of the crop over this coming weekend at which time I'll wash the buds and hang them to dry.

Here are a couple pictures of what's left, looks so different now that I've cleared out all the leaves.

20160215_070826.jpg

20160215_070835.jpg

After I cut this crop down and clean everything I'll be moving the two aurora indica seeds I dropped on 1/20 to the closet. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks for these girls.. I'll probably go ahead and start a new thread for this grow at that time.

I want to take a quick second to say thank you to everyone who helped me throughout this grow. The yield so far appears to be well beyond anything I've had in previous grows.

Last pictures before I cut them down.. Look at the size of that cola.

20160218_164845.jpg

20160218_164908.jpg

The wonder woman plants are now drying waiting to be placed into mason jars for curing.

20160218_183417.jpg

I know they aren't complete yet but I had to try it out.
So far a very happy wonderful high, tastes sweet and puts a giant smile on my face :)

I've started a second journal and hope that everyone will follow.

ClosetCase420's - RDWC - 600W MH/HPS - Aurora Indica - Grow Journal - 2016

Congratulations on a very fine harvest cc420

So we cleaned off the buds and have weighed them out, in total 252 grams which is just shy of 9 ounces. It is more than I've grown in the past (6-7 was the most before and only about 3-4 on my last grow) but it's still not exactly what I was hoping for in 1 lb. This will probably be the last post in this thread as I'm now fully engaged in the next grow.

20160227_102031.jpg

20160227_102043.jpg

20160227_102107.jpg

Thanks again everyone for their support.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom