ClosetCase420's - RDWC - 600W MH/HPS - Wonder Woman - Grow Journal - 2015

ahh I feel like crap but hey I gots come on here and dig into the journals.

There is another journal here I am helping this lady who has been trying for more than 2 years and never gotten much and now she just posted her first real buds...good stuff...I may be sick but this place makes me feel good.

I just took some pics of my plant so I am high jacking to show you how even though I totally screwed up you can still make it work. Buried in this will be some good info for you.

On page 15 of your journal I posted a pic of a plant I scroged out pretty decently. I have all new equipment for this grow. I got a top of the line light setup that is supper hot...hotter than I realized. When it started bloom as I showed on page 15 a month back it started growing up fast right into the hot zone. I didn't realize it was that hot that far away. So the plant started turning Hermi on me in a few places showing nanners. Well I lifted the light and monitored closely and picked naners and clipped tops for about 2 weeks until it stopped. During that time it looked like it was going to slow down and finish early. It totally got stunted. But I haven't found a seed!

:wood:

So this was about that time...

DSCF17732.JPG

DSCF17744.JPG

Then a week later it started to really glisten and looking close to getting there (that was the picture one page back). Then over the weekend I made my special magic brew and put it in there and the flowers have all blown up and restarted growing again and are taking off like made with supper dense pistils.

Rebound3.JPG

Rebound5.JPG

Rebound7.JPG

And now they are top filling and look all upside down which are refereed to as Bats l (like baseball bats)

Rebound6.JPG

So I just wanted you to see what Bats are and what that really means is rebounded stunted growth. Also not all hermis are cause for panic.

Check out the trics on the new leaves after I added the tea...

Rebound9.JPG

This is one of those bushy ones from the third pic.

Rebound8.JPG

And the funny leaf coloring is all purple. Leaves that are not getting really bright light are all turning purple on me. Unknown genetics just a freebie that came with my order.

Maybe next time I will get it right...I got clones.

Sorry for the hijack closetcase, I've got a question for VilliageIdiot
(I'm brand new and not allowed to PM yet)
I'm wondering if you could point me towards any (hydro) grows where you've helped somebody deal with Pythium?

Yes but the answer is my tea. I helped a guy very recently who tried everything and could not get his Pythium problem to go away. I mean everything, even drastic measures like cutting off all of his roots. 24 hours in my tea and it is all gone and his plants are awesome. He had always run sterile and was very scared to switch and now wont go back.

RDWC - Advice Welcome!

Undercurrent RDWC With Compost Tea Grow - First Journal

My tea solves world hunger. Done right it has all the micro and macro nutes (assuming you add bat guano which I save for bloom). That grow above I posted pics of is a soil grow where I almost exclusively used my homemade brew. In DWC you gots ta be careful but just read through what I told Coffee to do. He fixed it right up and the plants took off like champs like overnight.

Well first off I told you about it very early on. Gave you a few links in your journal and then the next day you posted something like "man you are a walking knowledge base" I must assume after reading about it. That said I also said a week or so back that I wanted to hold off until your next grow to expose you to that because you have this one dialed in. We don't want to make too many changes in any one grow. if things are working then let them be that is one of the most important rules in indoor growing.

But yes the tea is used by many. There are many journals I can point at where people swear by it now. I don't ever force people to leave the dark side and come into the light. I wait until they have a catastrophe and have not other means to solve their problems and then they are willing to leave the sterile world for greener pastures.

Luckily with you there was no convincing needed. you already had beneficial bacteria just didn't know how to use it remember? Now you are using Orca right? Should be doing it once every 2 weeks right? That stuff works great. That is beneficial bacteria and symbiotic Fungi.

So that is a good start.

To do my tea is fairly simple but you need a bunch of stuff and then it takes 24 hours min to brew. I am going to go make some now. :)

but just as a reminder here is a thread that has a real good explanation of what goes in a good tea. at the end is my recipe. many of the components can be substituted. for example the molasses product can be any sugar.

Tea Bag your DWC

In my tea there is a blooming booster agent that causes massive flowering and resin production. When I over did it in hydro I started getting sap oozing out all over like this. Not so great for smoking but great to vap and cook.

That was a popcorn bud from well under the canopy. Also very old seed...none of this modern stuff.

Sap.JPG

Day 101 (53 Days in Flower)

So I came back yesterday and the girls had consumed about 1/2 the res. I was surprised as I thought for sure it'd be just about empty when I got back. The pH was around 5.2 with ppms nearing 1000. Since the ppms seem to be creeping up as the water level is going down am I correct to assume the plants don't want the concentrated water? I went ahead and filled the res with plain tap water to bring ph up a few ticks and to bring ppm down a few ticks.

The other thing I wanted to bring attention to is the coloring of the leaves.. A majority of the leaves are now extremely dry and yellow/brown. Do you think now is the time to start weening the plants off the nutrient solution? If so, should I just run straight pH balanced water or include minimal nutrients? Or am I getting ahead of myself?

20160208_211301.jpg

20160208_211429.jpg

Well I don't see what you are talking about in the leaves so I suspect you are referring to lower ones. Taking off lower leave below the canopy doesn't hurt or help. They aint in the way so removing them does nothing. What does happen is the stored up nutes that were in them are removed and the plant can't steal it back. It is natural in fall for plants like this to steal the stored up nutes from the leaves as they are becoming less needed. Then the leaves will yellow and eventually fall off. So maybe you are talking about lower leaves under the canopy and for those i would just take them of when they easily come off in the hand without too much pulling...that means the plant is done with them.

As far as PPM goes it is hard to say. 1000PPM isn't a huge change considering how much water is gone...they did take up most of it.

Deferentially can probably come down a bit. If you hadn't already I would do what you did...take a measurement, check it again in a bit and see what she is telling us. If you topped it off back to like 700 where it was and everything is still good it will likely reverse leach a little as it was at 1000 so be ready for that. So it may take a day or so to settle back down since you let it be for 2 days like that. No biggie.

That is an 8-10 week flowering period strain. in a few days you are right on the very front edge if you had done everything perfect. I suspect closer to another week to be on the front edge of the maturation window. Then it starts coming down to how long you want to let it go...

You will want to flush it for at least 3 days, possibly more and all those leaves will start to be used then. You will want to start bringing it down 1 week ahead of that for sure. I would recommend running it like maybe 3 more weeks. 1 more at 700PPM. Then start bringing it down week 2 and by the end of week 2 have it closer to 100. Keep letting it drop. Then half way into the 3rd week dump the res and put in fresh stuff with no nutes just sugar and some bacteria and enzymes and let it finish off. After 3-4 days cleansing shut the lights off for 36 hours to top off the resin. Then you are ready.

That is gonna be Phos Def. You probably need to get some more MOAB to finish off like I recommended last week. I know you ran out but that stuff is strong and gots the goods you need for the end. You just need to get some good bloom nutes in there so look on the bottles.

What can happen is poor conditions like humidity can cause poor uptake and maybe it was too high of pH. It did drop down while you were out so that is a good way to get you back to 5.8

You will be fine no need to panic for that. You happened to leave during the last 4 weeks of the grow which can be done in soil but is a no no in hydro.

Anyway no big deal just get some good bloom nutes in there at 5.8. next top off put in enough for the res and pH to be dead on 700 and 5.8 after the top off.

Or you could buy Vlad's God Father of All Bombs, which is nothing more than Phosphoric Acid for PH down

Almost everyone needs to down their PH when a new res is mixed up... That's when I use my "flower additive" which is just extra P during bloom phase-
:passitleft:
Hey What's up Vidio, glad to see you hanging out and sharing great knowledge until the end

Those buds look nice buddy, what week is that plant on?

Vlad:bongrip:

Vlad, is that something for real? The girls have been flowering for just under 8 weeks. I can't wait to see how large these things finish at, there frigging huge.

VI.. I've attached a couple more pictures just so we can be sure.. the pictures show the location of the leaves before i cut them to show you the variance in leaf coloring.

Front right corner. As you can see it's pretty light in color. No signs of deficiency?

20160209_213254.jpg

20160209_213321.jpg

Under the canopy. This is as dark as they come. No signs of deficiency?

20160209_213355.jpg

20160209_213417.jpg

The three leaves side by side to see the true color variance.

20160209_213442.jpg

Do you still believe it is a phosphorous deficiency?

well I do not think it is calcium. I think it is phos which is heavily needed in bloom. Like I said you don't have a critical problem. You are 3 days from officially being near the end of the bloom cycle. So you could just be dealing with end of life issues.

The yellowish one is totally typical and means everything is working normal and the plant is nearing end of life.

I don't think anything changes. Give it a good PPM of bloom only nutes for a bit then start shutting her down like I posted before...up to you how long. She aint ready yet though.

:goodjob:

Thanks again VI..

I could not get my hands on the MOAB since 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime apparently no longer means 2 day shipping.
I went to my local store and picked up GH KoolBloom which appears to be as close to MOAB as I can get. Its 2-45-28 vs 0-52-32 for the MOAB.

I went ahead and replaced the entire res today. I wasn't entirely sure what you meant by "bloom only nutes" so I referred back to what you had previously stated and used those nutes for this res fill.

7ml Orca
225ml Flora Bloom
150ml Flora nectar
115ml Nirvana
15ml KoolBloom
30ml Silica

Current 5.4/880

ppm is higher than where I wanted.. In retrospect I probably should have skipped the Flora Bloom and just used the KoolBloom

Do you think I should leave it as is "at 880" or should I pull replace a couple gallons with straight ph'd water?

Lets see what she does. In strong bloom I have done 1300PPM no problem before. But you are getting close to the ramp down stage. So give it a few hours and take a reading and maybe tomorrow if the res is down you can top off with just some water. You are doing fine and are so close and have nice plants so I think you can breath easy. At this point even if you did everything right they should start showing signs of "autumn" soon anyway. they are nearing end of life. The blooms should be the buck of the plant and the fan leaves will start wilting soon. so don't freak if some of this starts happening. I mean I like to push them long and you may not so it is up to you but it is not uncommon to grow them until there are almost no fan leaves left.

It is kinda hard to tell as you are so cramped in there.

Day 104 (56 Days in Flower)

Today is the day I originally had hoped to harvest.
I know 2-3 more weeks isn't the end of the world but it still sucks.

The girls did not drink a whole lot last night. I went ahead and replaced about 3 gallons of the res with straight tap water.
Current is 5.7/740 which I am much happier about.

I can't wait to weight these top buds. A few of them are larger in diameter than my measuring cups.

20160212_173029.jpg

I'm hoping someone can chime in and give me some advice.

I was reading last night and I believe it may be a case of bud rot? It sounds like it with the dryness compared to other areas of the plant that are still moist. I cut one of the buds off and opened it up, looks fine to me. Can someone give me a second opinion?

The bud that I cut in half.

20160214_093239.jpg

The bud broken apart.

20160214_093348.jpg

Also what should I do about the rest? Should I go ahead and harvest now? Only cut down the super dry buds in case it is an infection or harvest it all?

Back
Top Bottom