Clueless about hydro 'kit'

squint2focus

And yet another post about something someone gave me. After reading the threads for a few weeks, I've decided to stick with soil for my first couple of grows and then move on to more intimidating setups.

That said, I have this sitting in my workshop collecting a LOT of dust. Is this something a beginner could get started with? Is it missing anything vital? I will be growing in a closet/cabinet with about 2x4x6 of dedicated grow-space.

We smoke. A lot. It costs a lot. Trying to find ways of reducing funds spent on remedy without reducing intake :ganjamon:. Would hydro be the best way to maximize yield with limited space? Hoping to go completely dealer-independent and produce 4oz a month give or take. With only 48 sf of grow room, is this a reasonable expectation?

And now, for your viewing enjoyment...
(and yes, I'm missing one of the medium cups)
100_3093.jpg

100_3091.jpg

100_3090.jpg

100_3092.jpg

:yummy:

Yes and no> Hydro can get and develop crops faster, when you learn to master that aspect of growing> for a soil grow, and your 24 sq ft not 48 Sq ft> the calcs you used were for cubic feet 2x4x6 is 48 cu ft. room> a 6' x 8' area is 48 sq ft> L x W x H = cubic feet,
L x W = square feet>
Please look at our websites informational pages on some general guidlines for this, and it will shed some light on this for you>
What type of lighting would you be using? CFL"S / HPS/ MH? wattage? intake? Exhuast? fans? Strain?
In 24 sq feet that may be difficult to pull off for 4oz per mth> or you need to produce 4lbs per year from 24 sqft>
Best bet is to come up with a solution to maximize that 24 sq ft out to produce as much as possible, and stick to that with out to many experiments along the way>
Please answer this for me 1st> your actual grow size area in this manner> Length, Width & Height

I meant cu ft, since height plays a factor :smokin:
4x2x6

And at first, just 42w CFLs. Lots of them. Just bagseed for now, but I do have some Lowryder 2 standing by. They will get plenty of air, and exhaust through attic.

Your missing 2 items for a DWC or bubbler set up. That is provided those rubber lines I see are for the air pump and not a drip set up. If they are for air only then you are missing the other 2 botles of nutrients needed for your set up. Flora series requires you mix 3 different bottles together. Flora micro, flora grow and flora bloom. Depending on what stage of growth determines how much from each bottle to add. It's a great nutrient but personally too easy to screw up IMO. i like single bottle nutes like pure blend pro myself.

Thanks, Racefan! That's exactly the info I was looking for. And yes, the rubber lines are for the air pump (I'm guessing)
I was a little wary of using the nutes anyhow... how long would you say the shelf-life is on bottled nutrients? I've had the kit for over a year and there's no telling how long my friend had it sitting around before giving it to me. I'm heading to the hydro shop today and I'll check on pure blend pro.

Okay how do hydro set ups like this one work.
The plants are started/cloned in the rockwool and then transfered into the other medium which sits in the cups that are submursed in the water and nute solution in the tub?

This looks like a a set up one could make at home if they had the proper knowladge. Shed some light for me please. IM a soil grower so i know very little about hydro. Im thinking about seeing if there is a set up i could easily/costly switch to and still be an effective grower.

Same here, eBud! Never grown a single thing hydroponically and I'm completely in the dark about how this setup functions. Hopefully someone more experienced will chime in and enlighten us dirtmongers!!!!

lol i prefer sand hog. lol yeah im going to follow this post, i want to try out a hydro set up for my mother. I got some purple sticky seeds and some trainwreck seeds. Both were extremely good smoke. I want to keep these ginetics going.

Back
Top Bottom