CO: Medical Marijuana Caregivers Face New Grow Limits In 2017

Katelyn Baker

Colorado Springs, Colo. - Medical marijuana caregivers are facing a new limit in the number of plants they'll be able to grow in 2017.

State Senate Bill 14, passed in the 2015 legislative session is set to take affect Sunday, will limit caregivers to growing 99 plants for their maximum of five patients.

Roger Martin, founder and executive director of Grow for Vets USA says the limits are concerning.

"I think it's another example designed to force medical patients to have to go into the retail market and purchase their medical cannabis so they can generate the tax revenue," Martin said.

Caregivers who grow more than 36 plants will also be required to register their grow's location, the patient numbers and any extended plant counts under Senate Bill 14.

Martin says what's not taken into account in the new regulations is the fact that different patients require different dosages of medical marijuana.

"It has a direct impact on how much medical cannabis a patient can get and it may or may not be sufficient to take care of their medical needs," Martin said.

KRDO NewsChannel 13 reached out to law enforcement agencies across Southern Colorado for their perspective on the new regulations, and expect to hear from them this week.

Capture267.PNG

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Medical Marijuana Caregivers Face New Grow Limits In 2017
Author: Colleen Sikora
Photo Credit: News Channel 13

These are the problems we are facing all around Colorado. Pueblo has a household limit of 18 no matter how many red card holders are involved. It's impossible to grow everything me and my patients need and be able to keep mother's or clones so I can get consistent yeilds and results. It makes me sad that there are other patients out there that must go to retail stores to get enough medicine to help them. Most budtenders are not very knowledgeable and the ones that are still couldn't tell you what the plants were grown with, my patients get ripped off when they go to the stores.

Sent from my Z987 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom