CO MMJ Registry Status - Sept 07'

sLiCe

Statistics of the registry include:

* 2290 new patient applications have been received to date since the registry began operating in June 2001. Twelve (12) applications have been denied, 7 cards have been revoked, 73 patients have died, and 566 cards have expired, bringing the total number of patients who currently possess valid Registry ID cards to 1632. The renewal rate is 57%.
* Seventy-two percent of approved applicants are male.
* The average age is 43, and patients range in age from 18-90 years old.
* Fifty-two counties (81% of counties) in Colorado have registered applicants. Forty-four percent of patients reside in the Denver-metro and Boulder area, with the remainder of patients found in counties throughout Colorado.
* Patients on the Registry represent all the debilitating conditions covered under Amendment 20. Severe pain accounts for 83% of all reported conditions; with muscle spasms the second-most reported condition at 26%.
* Fifty-nine percent of patients have designated a primary caregiver (someone who has significant responsibility for managing the patient's care.

Please see the tables below for a complete listing of all statistical information.

As of June 14, 2004 caregivers are no longer issued cards.

The Amendment requires that an application be approved or denied within 35 days of receipt by CDPHE. Currently, the Registry is issuing ID cards within ten to fifteen days of receipt of a complete application.

In addition to administering the Registry, CDPHE has been charged with accepting and reviewing petitions to add conditions to the current list of debilitating medical conditions/symptoms. To date, four petitions have been received, one for Parkinson's disease, one for Asthma, one for Anxiety, and another for Bi-Polar Disorder. All petitions were subsequently denied due to lack of scientific evidence that treatment with marijuana might have a beneficial effect.

There have been two marijuana-related convictions of patients on the Registry, and no physicians have experienced federal reprisals. However, reluctance to participate due to the inconsistencies between state and federal marijuana laws has been expressed by doctors and patients alike.

Another barrier to participation on the Registry may be the cost. No general funds have been designated for this program, and the Amendment allows CDPHE to collect fees to cover the administrative costs of administering the program. Currently the fee is $90, and is evaluated annually by CDPHE. The fee was lowered from $110 on June 1, 2007.

There are numerous questions that have arisen surrounding interpretation of statutory language. The law does not clearly state where marijuana plants may be grown or if two or more patients and/or caregivers may share one growing space. Statutory language also places certain burdens upon local and state law enforcement officers, such as the requirement of keeping alive plants that are confiscated until a resolution is reached (i.e. a decision not to prosecute, the dismissal of charges, or an acquittal)

How do they count those 10 to 15 days?? Is it just weekdays or what? I've sent in my certificate of the recommendation from my docter the copy of my id and the other form in 3 fridays ago and have still not gotten my card??? :hmmmm: Any info anyone has would be awesome! I'm kinda starting to get nervous, that was 90 bucks!

:peace:

Anybody have any ideas??? How long did it take you guys to get your card in Colorado. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hey dank - Ive been moving to a new house so sorry for delay! My card did take probably about 3 full weeks to come in - if you still have not recieved it, let me know and I can put you in touch with the email address of the person in charge of distributing them, she can check the status for you. Let me know!

hey slice, happy to see you. Thanks for the info. Yours taking three weeks does make me feel alittle bit better, but I believe this is going on week 4 and I still have not recieved my card. I think I'm going to need that email address to see whats up with this. Thanks again man

The person who manages the data base is Debra Tuenge - you can email her at datuenge@smtpgate.dphe.state.co.us or you can try calling (though I usually get a machine) at (303)-692-2184.

Also if you don't mind me asking, what was your payment method? (hope you didnt send cash...) but if it was a check or money order, you can definately check to see if they've been cashed or not yet. If so, your card should be on its way.

Thanks man. So I should email her and ask her what the status of my card is??
I'm totally regretting this now, but I did send cash.

Unfortunately I don't think they accept cash which may be the reason for delay. It's also highly unsafe to send cash in the mail seeing as how it may be intercepted and you wouldnt be able to proove otherwise. I would attempt both a call; and leave a message explaining what happened if no answer, accompanied by an email explaining what happened.

I hate to break it to you, but in my humble opinion it sounds like you may be out $90 on this one brother....

Damn! I was hoping that wouldnt be what I would be hearing. I have talked her before I sent it, I'm pretty sure she said cash was alright.. ?. . Are you saying I'd be out of 90 because it probably got taken in the mail or because they dont accept cash? But thanks for all the info and your help slice!

Great news man!!! I did what you said sent an email and then left a message, she returned both actually rather fast, and said she sent it out on monday so I should be getting it soon!!!! hell yeah! I feel like a huge weight has just been lifter off my shoulders!!! Thanks again slice for all your help and info .

I know man thats what I was worried about to. I think its all good now, she said she sent monday soo.. But yeah man seriously thanks for help, it was really appreciated. If theirs something I could help you with just let me know man, I'll be glad to help.

Lakewood, nearest city being denver, its like 20 25 mins away. How long should it take for it to get from her to me? I just checked my mail and I still havent gotten it?

Yeah I was thinking about that. The postal service thing. I live in an apartment complex and I dont know if its already sorted out when it gets to my mail man or if he has to do sorting and then sorting. I dont know. I'm getting anxious to get it, Ive been waiting for it for soo long and for some reason this one amazing grower I know wont do any bussiness with out the card, regardless of rec. Which I think is bs but thats awhole nother topic. Marijuana as a healing herb has always been a belief of mine, having a state back me up on that is that much bigger, better, brighter?? Haha you been following south park lately man? The new episodes are hilarous.

for some reason this one amazing grower I know wont do any bussiness with out the card, regardless of rec.

He's probably a big-time caregiver with alot to loose, so he probably just wants to play it safe and stay completely legit (and make sure ALL sales are legal). And yes I have, I love southpark :winkyface:

Mail come yet today???? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah man thats excatly what it is. He is a pretty big caregiver. I got back from a backpacking camping trip last night, I checked the mail hoping for that sweeet envelope I've been waiting for... Nothing. I think if it doesnt come today I'm gonna give her a call back and see how long it usually takes to get a card out. Today would be a week since she said she sent it out. I really hope it comes today. .

The biggest crap episode of south park still has me cracking up when I think about it.

Damn another day, and still no card!?! What the fuck? How does it take over a week to get something from a place thats 20 minutes away? Tommorow I'm going to have to call them again, and see whats going on.. Do you know if I could drive their and just pick one up?

Back
Top Bottom