CO2 - BakeSoda & vinegar - Anyone using - Thoughts?

angelass

Title says it all, I'm considering setting up this rig for a 4x4' tent.
- Thoughts & experience ?

A few more concerns on my first grow, 20 days from seed pop.
- Daytime canopy temps been peaking @ 90, no stress indications. Should I stress?
- Highly organic, good drained medium in 5 gal pots - feeding 3" babies only ~10-16 oz water every 2-3 days and the soil saturation never drops under 80% but surface dries. Should I wait longer till leaf wilt between waters.
- Recently gave lite feed of bone meal & spiked water with SuperThrive. Soil ph bumped .5 & unused potted water dropped over a point all within 1 day. Crazy flux so fast - never before check measurements frequently for turf/ornamentals. Comments?

Thanks Guys n Girls & Merry Christmas :)

Re: CO2 - BakeSoda/Vinegar Anyone using / thoughts?

From what I hear. I checked into it a few years back. It ended up being more trouble then it was worth. It can be messy. You really can't control amounts released. In the end it is best to make sure you are replacing natural air well enough to keep adequate Co2 levels.

Are you running an extractin fan? If so dont waste your time and money adding co2 as you will get zero benefit. The co2 will be pulled out the space as quick as it is released. Just like driving a convertable car with the roof down amd switching aircon on. Only use co2 if its a sealed room but then you be better off just buying a co2 fire extinguisher and spraying daily if you loking for cheap simple fix. Just dont spray it direct onto plants.

Are you running an extractin fan? If so dont waste your time and money adding co2 as you will get zero benefit. The co2 will be pulled out the space as quick as it is released. Just like driving a convertable car with the roof down amd switching aircon on. Only use co2 if its a sealed room but then you be better off just buying a co2 fire extinguisher and spraying daily if you loking for cheap simple fix. Just dont spray it direct onto plants.

Interesting idea on the fire extinguisher.

Like Cultivator says, you've gotta seal up before CO2 makes sense.

Also, baking soda and vinegar can't generate enough CO2 to be practical.

When you're ready for CO2, buy a 20 pound tank and a regulator from your local gas supplier and throttle it with a needle valve.

CO2 & the Planted Aquarium has information for the aquarium folks that you might find relevant and interesting.

Are you running an extractin fan? If so dont waste ...... co2 fire extinguisher and spraying daily if you loking for cheap simple fix. Just dont spray it direct onto plants.

Yep on the fan, currently full time but may soon time extraction off intermittently during light out. Have wondered about that extraction dilemma, but you're the first source to confirm it and I've read lots. THANKS, I think I'll skip the Co2 this first grow and focus on all other controllables and try to make the environment as natural as possible (well sorta...besides spoon feeding & sanitizing)

Are you serious about the extinguisher?

@Scientific - Cool link, I did find it interesting. It's a homegrown approach that's well thought out, detailed and covers many caveats.

Back
Top Bottom