CO2 debate need help

goofyfoot

Hey All, I`m stuck in middle of fight over when to use CO2/ does light on or off matter. I`m the last one to ask about CO2 and dont know how I got here,good friends...huh!!?? We have lights off is better because plants leaves can consentrate on absorbing CO2 only. Being there not working on absorbing sunlight at same time so more CO2 is/can be transferred when leaves are bored!! The other guys say there is no difference. Any help??:hmmmm:
:thanks:

Thanks I will pass that on! Where you ever just smokin a joint... minding own buissness ...and some how get sucked into an argument. About something you never used growing outside. But now I`m the mediator/judge for two moron`s that dont know as much as they think they do. You can choose and pick your friends but that family part is to true!! :thanks: :peace:

They can only absorb so much at once. I wouldn't flood them with it or else you're just wasting your time. I use CO2 twice a week, as a foliage spray and I just release a little in gas form a few days later

Apparently the cops get info about people that buy a lot of CO2. Not so sure about that but I already put CO2 in my fish tank for the plants there. This has taught me that the plants actually use and benefit greatly from supplementary CO2, even in fairly small quantities. So the way I have worked this out is that my tent is about double the volume of my fish tank and the bubble count there on the CO2 is about 1 per second. When it's at that I can visibly see oxygen expelled from the plants when the lights are on and they continue to do so for some time after the CO2 shuts off.

With all that in mind I found that I can make the same amount of CO2 in a 2L or .5 Gallon water container, with 700grams or 1.5 pounds of sugar and a teaspoon of yeast, with RO water filled till about an inch from the top. To "regulate" or monitor the amount of CO2 produced I installed a check valve and cheap acrylic CO2 bubble counter in the lid. Its small enough that I can squeeze it in anywhere there is space and have more than one to account for the double up of volume. Much cheaper than buying CO2 and much more stealth as well. Reaction should start over night, a teaspoon of baking soda will help the reaction last a bit longer because as the yeast eats the sugar it makes the solution more acidic (I think) and the baking soda acts as a buffer to prolong the death of those little CO2 producing yeast bugs.

IMG_010022.JPG

Plants with CO2 grow faster, have more bulk, and seem much more healthy. Works great with my tomato plants as well. :morenutes:

Also I think that while in veg plants will continue to use very small amounts of CO2 as they wind down their respiration(because of the unusually short "night" period that indoor growing permits) and it is also good to have the CO2 already available when the lights come back on, so continuous production like this is perfect in my opinion.

goofy co2 belongs in bloom room unless u can do both raise level 1200 ppm as plants use it replace it green trees hydro has a co2 calc page none at night none on leaves add to room up high let it drift over them lots of air movement dont skip on the fans cost me 17 bucks for three weeks run it 5 hours a day set on 2 pounds for my room size

Club Soda. Carbonation to be precise
S

So you are saying that spraying club soda on your plants for a foliar feeding gives them co2?

Have u all ever heard that turning on a torch for a min in the room will put off co2? if so, what kind of torch does so?

sir grow propane torch lantern you also get heat and moisture and dont know how much your gettin bite the bullet buy the right stuff
end of storie

Thanks I`ll pass that on. I went over your work, fine job! I have idea for similiar design but have worked out water cooled air scrubber. It use`s chilled water mist to cool and wash dust, particles and expesialy pollens!!! this air is collected and sent to veg comp 1st the to flower compartment with de-hum. bult in. Then goes back to beginning to start over, it can be done with window ac unit for those who have space or in 12volt mini-system. I use this 12 volt stuff as working model for proof of concept, then scaled up to sky`s the limit. Like your set-up to verbally try to discribe impossable. It is part of a set-up that is on secured property, my partner is very spooky. Being he own`s property and I the idea he has final say over disclousure of info. Till I have MY OWN area he calls shoots. No pic`s, but what I like is the idea of saying I will build this to do this and it will work! I spent 10 months to plan/draw out to proof of concept and finailly got last little leak stopped. It`s construction scrapes and garge sale items "re-invented" but has that proper enginered look. Not baleing wire and duct tape wraped pipes and stuff(half assed). I commend you on ingenuitiy and creativeness. The air cooler/washer idea is real cool and any scale works. From 12 volt componets for bed room closiet size room(use small coleman or iggloo cooler and ice) to ac unit for 2 rooms seperated but share air that are 12X10X8 .
:thanks: :welldone: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom