CO2 during lights off

Taff12

Hi Growers

Is it safe to use CO2 during when the lights are off?

I ask because I will be using a DIY co2 generator with yeast and sugar and once I set it I don't want to have to go and remove the co2 from the tent at light off period. So in fact the co2 will run 24 hrs.

Many Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using 420

In flower or veg? The simple answer is you dont want extra co2 in plants during dark period as you will suffocate them. They breathe o2 at night so its not a good idea really. Depends how high the ppm of the co2 is. also you are wasting your time adding co2 when you are extracting from the tent as it will be pulled out before the plants even get a chance to use it.

Thanks for the reply cult.

I want to use it in flower and I don't have any extraction running. So in fact it's like a sealed room with a little or no air exchange. Just going to use a 2 litre of a soda bottle and and small pipe fed from the top of the tent so that co2 drops from the top on the plant.

Sent from my SM-N910F using 420

I don't want to rain on your parade, but you won't get enough CO2 to make it worth the trouble, IMO. Maybe in a sealed micro-grow space.
CO2 is the last thing I'd add to a perfect environment. Get your grow medium, nute's, PH, light, temp's and RH perfect before messing with it. Even then, I haven't seen many grows where the expense of adding CO2 made enough difference to justify the cost.

I agree. But this space isnt extracted so there would be some benefit. However theres really no point in adding co2 to any space that is extracted. sealed room yes, definately.

Even though this room is technically sealed this method of co2 delivery is poor and adding any co2 at night is always a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom