CO2 setup

wilson2

hi im running dwc, my bubblers air is sourced outside the room and im pumping 140lt /hr through the stones. Im also running co2 at1200ppm The extraction and inlet fans are turned off during the light cycle, the heat is controlled using a split a/c, Im using a lot of co2, do i need to vent during the dark cycle? If I dont I can totally seal the inlet fan and reduce my co2 consumption. thanks in advance wilson

I was led to believe that during the dark cycle plants consumed o2 and exhaled co2 the reverse to the light cycle. Therefore not only did night venting lower humidity but supplied o2

They do but it's a small amount that you'd likely replenish every time you opened the door to tend to your plants.

Correct, but as noted negligible amounts, no light to drive them so much less active.

With the correct controller you can use your ac for dehumidification as well. I'm not talking about the dehumidifier setting on the front. There are dedicated grow space controllers you can plug your AC into and it will turn the unit on if temp or humidity is too high. You could also do the same thing with 3 relays a thermostat and a humidistat

thanks for the responses it gives me a lot more options to look at . I'll just keep monitoring the room and take it from there.

well the fans are going to be turned off , the inlet fan sealed . temps and humidity monitored...the venting fans being available, should act as redundacy in the event the a/c ever shits it or the co2 system fails. So it wasnt a total waste of money and time installing them.

hi im running dwc, my bubblers air is sourced outside the room and im pumping 140lt /hr through the stones. Im also running co2 at1200ppm The extraction and inlet fans are turned off during the light cycle, the heat is controlled using a split a/c, Im using a lot of co2, do i need to vent during the dark cycle? If I dont I can totally seal the inlet fan and reduce my co2 consumption. thanks in advance wilson
Your only running it during lights on right?

yes only during lights on . i fixed the problem, I was getting convection through the inlet and outlet fans I installed a more positive shutoff damper which halved my consumption. thanks for the replies

@wilson2 looking to add a co2 this weekend and friends giving me a tank just gotta fill and get regulator or controller/timer. I found these 2 one I can attach to my exhaust and scrubbers so when it's on it's not pulling the co2 out. But to make sure it doesn't get hot in my tent not sure what to do. During night bc my location its coolest during day 7 am to 7pm it's off and has a standing ac in it. But currently dont have it drawing from outside the tent or out a window so its pulling double so every am 6 am I turn exhaust down and let ac and normal intake take over from there I mean without the ac but with my exhaust and scrubber it was getting to like 78 degrees max mostly 75 degrees to 63 64 during lights off. So when u run your co2 and turn exhaust off and scrubbers how do u keep it tent cool? This what I found for controllers I think I have more settings as well as it has an outlet for your exhaust to cut it off when its on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191228-023312_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191228-023312_Samsung Internet.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20191228-023233_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191228-023233_Samsung Internet.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 54
my . lights and co2 come on together my ac runs all the time set at 28 cool mode. my extraction fans are off during he lighting period and only come on for .5 of an hr, after lights out to help reduce the humidity spike

Ok @wilson2 help me out here. Bc of where I live cracking a window or pulling fresh air in isn't really an option. So I have a 440cfm exhaust pulling thru a 22 or 24 inch scrubber just vents out to rest of house and it's on a manual speed controller. I also have a 6 inch infinity inline fan with lcd display. Then a stand alone ac unit that has 2 lines that what it was vented to window it would pull fresh in heat out. So I bought a controller and a regulator. Although dont thing the glass ball part works. So during the day when its hottest I have ac run ducted down hall way with help of some fans and the intake is set to auto temp gets to high kicks on or low or humidity. My co2 has a controller keeps it around 1000-1300 ppm its goes on auto when senses lights. But its prolly 65 in there now and 77 outside in house 73. Like kick on at 7 ac cuts off I need a timer for the scrubber so that when it turns off to cool it disables co2 until it goes off again. Then c02 will fill to desired ppm.

So if your exhaust fans being off during day run an internal scrubber?

hi no I dont run an internal scrubber I probably would if i had the room but I only scrub the air when I vent via a filter on the extraction fan. my temps are around 30 with co2 set at around 1300-1400ppm

Back
Top Bottom