CO2 setups: What do you guys recommend? I need something easy to use!

By doing that, what kind of expectations are you..expecting? More growth? More trics resin..? I sit in my grow and just breathe. I would be super wary of putting an automatic CO2 delivery system and it go haywire and kill you dead, especially if your asleep. There has to be someone who has some solid evidence for it and what levels are required, and what it gives you back in return. I'd want at least a 20% increase in yield for risk of death lol

I think you're reaching for a unicorn, if the plan worked then you'd have no issues finding it here, ya think? All the other threads peter out and there's nothing behind it to prove it from what's here. But when you finish your bro science throw it out here, I'm only commenting because I'd like to find a safe or even effective method and see some results. It's not poison, its heavier than air and displaces air, that stuff we all breathe and fills up. If it's a basement and its filled you wont even notice till you're down in it and gasping because that tiny amount is now the entire volume of the space you're standing in. Maybe you know this stuff already, but I've had a coworker die from entering enclosed areas and suffocate, one went in after the first and he barely made it back. Good luck.

Maybe you’ve done more research than I have enjoil. I always thought that the ‘bigger yields’ basically relates to plants in veg growing faster with increased CO2, in a properly done setup. Meaning not so much that your plants grow bigger bud or better bud, but that you have a somewhat faster turnover because you can flip them sooner. It’s mainly a thing for commercial growers trying to squeeze out a little more profit, as far as I’ve ever seen. Seems like a fair amount of extra complications and expense for a possible extra 20% annual yield.

Omg, a lot of frickin complications! I’m trying to figure out the ventilation. Lol I got to seal everything off. It’s making my head hurt thinking of all the numbers! Lol. I see those xhale bags but that looks like a real waste of money. Or I would need ten of them. Idk. I know some of you guys are messing with gas tho. Ima do some more research and get back here

Not sure if you’re joking or not enjoil :D I couldn’t make it work anyway.... Just getting the CO2 tanks filled on a regular basis was impossible here in Antarctica, and having to set the ventilation up properly so the CO2 couldn't escape, yet keep ventilation and cooling going properly, and all that bullshit.

My plants in veg usually grow faster than I want them to anyway. I grow too many strains and they’re overcrowded. With a two room perpetual grow I spend most of my time throwing veg plants out or chopping them smaller. At most I only flower about 1/3 of the ones I veg

But anyway, that’s just my experience. It would be cool to see what you do. Over the years I’ve seen a lot of people talk about C02 on the site but very very few people who seem to actually be doing it. Beyond the ones using very small CO2 dispensers, which they then later say didn’t do anything

But that’s probably mostly just the nature of this site. A bunch of small personal grows and the ones with the larger commercial ones -aren’t posting

It sounds like we have similar grow habits brother! Yeah I pop beans, clone them, sex them, hand out extra clones and plants I’m not impressed with. Then flower the the keepers. Yeah I can’t see the quality of my flowers getting any better than they are but dude said 25% increase in yields. I just got a portable ac a few weeks ago and haven’t set it up yet. Temps been cool cuz winter. But I’m ready to switch it up. I got an extra carbon filter and two more 6in inline fans keep air moving.

Wow, man. I re read that and I sound like an ass. Lol. But yeah I’m not sure on the science behind it but I do know that the best indoor gardens are running co2. Sorry about your coworker! That’s crazy. It was a grow room he was going In and died?
No worries no worries same I am a joker to often, no guy was in a telecommunications vault in a sub basement of a parking garage, wrong gas I know..see now I'm comparing apples an oranges and I have never heard of a grow room accident and never want to.
I have an idea, perhaps you could vent your CO2 laden air into a reservoir of some type, then recycle that back thru the system adding any bottled to bump the concentration back up? You ever seen the big inflatable bags people get catapulted into the air, when someone jumps down on the other end? Or even a waterbed bladder? Might eliminate some costs?

Not sure if you’re joking or not enjoil :D I couldn’t make it work anyway.... Just getting the CO2 tanks filled on a regular basis was impossible here in Antarctica, and having to set the ventilation up properly so the CO2 couldn't escape, yet keep cooling going properly, and all that bul

My plants in veg usually grow faster than I want them to anyway. I grow too many strains and they’re overcrowded. With a two room perpetual grow I spend most of my time throwing veg plants out or chopping them smaller. At most I only flower about 1/3 of the ones I veg

But anyway, that’s just my experience. It would be cool to see what you do. Over the years I’ve seen a lot of people talk about C02 on the site but very very few people who seem to actually be doing it. Beyond the ones using very small CO2 dispensers, which they then later say didn’t do anything

But that’s probably mostly just the nature of
No worries no worries same I am a joker to often, no guy was in a telecommunications vault in a sub basement of a parking garage, wrong gas I know..see now I'm comparing apples an oranges and I have never heard of a grow room accident and never want to.
I have an idea, perhaps you could vent your CO2 laden air into a reservoir of some type, then recycle that back thru the system adding any bottled to bump the concentration back up? You ever seen the big inflatable bags people get catapulted into the air, when someone jumps down on the other end? Or even a waterbed bladder? Might eliminate some costs?
You scared me bro! My eyes are already suffering cuz of grow lights I think. I got some cool shades to wear in the grow room... yeah that’s why this shit is so expensive cuz you have to get the equipment to regulate and measure the concentration of the gas in the air. I’m wondering if a burner is the way to go over a tank setup. I’m going to read up on all this and hopefully by the time I get back someone with experience using these systems has chimed in. I cross my fingers! Lol

im treading lightly here but one of the former members who shall remain unnamed was in the hb crew and ran co2, he never revealed harvests amounts but his stuff always looked like perfection, dense thick colas glistening with powdered sugar, he ran co2 burner placed above the garden but you gotta have sealed rooms to be effective was my understanding

don’t know that you can easily store co2 but love the idea of recycling it much like ye old turbo boost, guess storing it would involve compression but idk?

No shit WeaselCracker - Antarctica? Seriously or just frozen parts of Canada?? You know who I’m taliking about on the co2...

Hey, when this was up again, I was going with a low tech DIY brainstorming with myself because it can/could??? work. I was thinking a completely sealed area with an intake fan/pipe running from the boosted CO2 grow, if you already have an intake/exhaust fan/s connect that to lowest point in sealed off reservoir and exhaust it to the highest point in the grow, maybe thru a manifold that directs/distributes equally. That's not the same thing as @013 Is describing and wow that's a plan with our unnamed those them they came up with. When my stuff compared to that is nothing more than chicken scratch in the dirt.

I’m open for ideas and tinkering of all sorts & SoG’s direct recirc sounds easy enough but what I meant was storing large amounts would probably need compression which means pumps & valves etc
That's where you get into a negative ROI with storage like that..compressor pumps etc. Initial investment aside a 20% bump is worth it over the long run. If that was a stock or 401k investment you'd be a fool not too. I guess you could set a 30 gallon compressor inside the the reservoir area and compress it, the compressor doesn't care what its compressing right?

Well I’ve done some more research and am definitely Going to be adding cO2. I found a lot of good information about using the gas. You want to have all other areas of your grow dialed in and seal the room up. Dense thick colas glistening sounds great! Lol
Just remember, too much c02 in a room = oxygen deficiency for those entering and staying in the room. Good luck on your grow.

Well I’ve done some more research and am definitely Going to be adding cO2. I found a lot of good information about using the gas. You want to have all other areas of your grow dialed in and seal the room up. Dense thick colas glistening sounds great! Lol
I've never used CO2 gas, but, I'm on a high protein diet, and produce a lot of methane gas :rofl: :rofl: does that count :rofl::rofl:
Not sure if that's it or not, but my buds are thick and dense and sugary :thumb: :goof::lot-o-toke:

By doing that, what kind of expectations are you..expecting? More growth? More trics resin..? I sit in my grow and just breathe. I would be super wary of putting an automatic CO2 delivery system and it go haywire and kill you dead, especially if your asleep. There has to be someone who has some solid evidence for it and what levels are required, and what it gives you back in return. I'd want at least a 20% increase in yield for risk of death lol
I just use mushroom co2 emitter it only gives off a certain amount of co2

Back
Top Bottom