CO2 uptake

Dravis85

Does anyone have any info on the speed at which a plant can/will absorb CO2 from the ambient air. Figures for both non-enhanced (200-300 ppm) and enhanced (900+ ppm) CO2 absorption would be nice. Also, is there any possible negative impact from using a fermenting CO2 generator?

I am currently fanning constantly, so CO2 adding is out. I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to optimize my grow with the CO2, but at the cost of heat build-up.

Any thoughtsa :thanks:

ONLY GAS BURNERS AND COMPRESSED CO2 WORKS, EVERYTHING ELSE IS A SCAM TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. Other methods just cant produce enough co2 to matter, and if heat is an issue your only option is compressed co2 gas. Other methods just dont cut it, and if your room isnt sealed you cant effictlvly use co2 anyway. In my opnion, you need at least 1k whatts of light as well. Over 2000ppm is getting toxic, plants like it at about 1500ppm(maxed out), this seems to be the accepted high mark for co2 concentrations for photosynthesis. I grow with co2 and it makes it a lot more complicated and expensive. The investment to grow with gas is way more than the gas itself. I personally use the system developed by Hydro Innovations, so I dont loose my gas to venting and I can cool the air INSIDE the grow area without evacuating air, it works but it was expensive and complicated. When you speed up the rate at witch things happen you also close you window of time for adjustments, things can go really wrong really quick. But I wouldnt do it if it wasent worth it.

Hmmm, I was able to get upwards of 1500-2000 PPM of CO2 using a simple yeast and sugar generator in a 2-liter bottle and after about a week or so the levels dropped to between 500-800 PPM. Cost pennies for each week or two long cycle and very easy to setup. BTW, the cost of the CO2 monitor has been the most expensive part of this setup.

Back
Top Bottom