The dehydrator is used as an alternate method to reach the temps necessary during the sweating process. You can set the temp and leave the vacuum sealed cob in there for the sweat period. With the cob sealed the wind blowing in the dehydrator is a non factor and it simply becomes an easy way to maintain the optimal temps for sweat.
Never thought of using my dehydrator till now....thanks

An interesting thing about COBS is that they cure anaerobicly - just like Mexican brick weed that was so prevalent in the 70s-90s. They’d take the females and males and chop them down fresh and just compress and vacuum seal them still moist then load them into concrete or tires or whatever.

While the buds were often really quite nice quality Mexican Sativa, it’s not remembered too fondly except by the blunt smokers and shotgun tokers. And by people who had access to Kine Bud as it was called back then, but preferred to smoke Schwag. It’s because in the anaerobic cure, the bud underwent a very similar anaerobic cure as AFRICAN COBS.

Lots of folks really liked the way that the anaerobicly cured bud made them feel. Seeds and stems and leaves be damned. I had a long conversation with 3 old friends about it a few years ago. We couldn’t get much else in DC in the early to mid 90s when we were in high school. That all changed when I went to NYC for college. Sour Diesel was everywhere. Beasters and Super Silver Haze too. Yet, for how poorly that Schwag was treated, it had a delightful high that’s just not possible to replicate with anything but COB cured buds.
Just a little fun fact about anaerobic vs. aerobic curing. They cause a very different effect to emerge in the final product. Pretty fascinating stuff.

An interesting thing about COBS is that they cure anaerobicly - just like Mexican brick weed that was so prevalent in the 70s-90s. They’d take the females and males and chop them down fresh and just compress and vacuum seal them still moist then load them into concrete or tires or whatever.

While the buds were often really quite nice quality Mexican Sativa, it’s not remembered too fondly except by the blunt smokers and shotgun tokers. And by people who had access to Kine Bud as it was called back then, but preferred to smoke Schwag. It’s because in the anaerobic cure, the bud underwent a very similar anaerobic cure as AFRICAN COBS.

Lots of folks really liked the way that the anaerobicly cured bud made them feel. Seeds and stems and leaves be damned. I had a long conversation with 3 old friends about it a few years ago. We couldn’t get much else in DC in the early to mid 90s when we were in high school. That all changed when I went to NYC for college. Sour Diesel was everywhere. Beasters and Super Silver Haze too. Yet, for how poorly that Schwag was treated, it had a delightful high that’s just not possible to replicate with anything but COB cured buds.
Just a little fun fact about anaerobic vs. aerobic curing. They cause a very different effect to emerge in the final product. Pretty fascinating stuff.
That's great Epo. I have never attempted a cob, but it sure sounds interesting. If I need to leave prepared cobs in something at 40C for 24 hours I am not sure how I will do that because I've have to be stealthy with family around. Do you cure buds anaerobically yourself and if so what approach do you take or think would be best?

Back
Top Bottom