Coco deficiency on my loved ones

Kika1kika

420 Member
Hello everybody, I hope you all are healthy during this crazy time.

First of all I want to thank you all for the warm welcoming in this community and for all the shared love.

I am having some issues with my babies. They are probably Big Bud Feminized but I am not sure. The should be around week 5 in veg. I did not count the days this time unfortunately. I already had some pH issues (pH rose over 7 and I also added to much nitrogen) earlier from which they recovered very quick after a good flushing.

Now I once again have issues as you can see on the photos.

Rusty spots, leaves curly and burnt tips moving inwards. Some spots brownish purpleish. Leaves are affected everywherw on the plant but it began at the bottom for the most. Only one plant started in the mittle/up.

Now the pH was normal and the EC as well as I put it in. Right now I am flushing and I add nutrients again tomorrow. I am at EC 0.9 - 1.0 and pH always between 8.8 ans 6.2 with Canna Coco A+B and Calmag from GHE and Silicapowder from GHE which they usually like. Now I wonder if I should raise my dose of Canna, or if this is a Calmag defficiency how I think.

Thank you in advance very much and have a good evening.

Best regards

Hello everybody, I hope you all are healthy during this crazy time.

First of all I want to thank you all for the warm welcoming in this community and for all the shared love.

I am having some issues with my babies. They are probably Big Bud Feminized but I am not sure. The should be around week 5 in veg. I did not count the days this time unfortunately. I already had some pH issues (pH rose over 7 and I also added to much nitrogen) earlier from which they recovered very quick after a good flushing.

Now I once again have issues as you can see on the photos.

Rusty spots, leaves curly and burnt tips moving inwards. Some spots brownish purpleish. Leaves are affected everywherw on the plant but it began at the bottom for the most. Only one plant started in the mittle/up.

Now the pH was normal and the EC as well as I put it in. Right now I am flushing and I add nutrients again tomorrow. I am at EC 0.9 - 1.0 and pH always between 5.8 and 6.2 with Canna Coco A+B and Calmag from GHE and Silicapowder from GHE which they usually like. Now I wonder if I should raise my dose of Canna, or if this is a Calmag defficiency how I think.

Thank you in advance very much and have a good evening.

Best regards

20210123_234225.jpg

Any pics?
Tell us a little about your environment (temps, humidity, how close are the lights, etc)
Also, are you using any beneficial microbes? You will find that they help balance things out in the soil and have less nutrient issues.
Easiest way would be to top dress with some worm castings. From there maybe a miccorazae product, some enzymes, and/or some other beneficial microbes like recharge could help.

I just thought about that lately. Might be worth to get me something... Thank you in advance. I don't use anything like microbes yet. Once in a while I add Cannazym from Canna to my solution.

Temps are 20 degrees celsius
RH is around 60%
I keep them around 70 cm away from my Mars TS2000, 200W LED
And I have good airflow.
Until now I have never had problems with this setup.

Epsom Salt at 1 gram per gallon, both added to the irrigation water and also you can mist with it. Problem solved

Epsom Salt at 1 gram per gallon, both added to the irrigation water and also you can mist with it. Problem solved
Thank you very much. You think adding more calmag solution would not do that as well? Since here in the lockdown it is difficult to go buy anything and I live far away from civilization :p

Rusty spots, leaves curly and burnt tips

This is the symptom of excess salt build up at the root zone. Along with the dark shiny leaves. Note that salinity isn't just caused by excessive N, its the sum of all the ions. There can be nutrient lockout: Too much salinity will antagonize uptake of other nutrients, as will a general high root ec. High root ec also limits transpiration and calcium is taken up through transpiration.

Are you getting good runoff? Are you measuring your runoff ec? It should be about 200uS ec higher than the feed as an ideal.

How often do you water? Do not let coco dry out or you will get problems like you describe. Essentially it causes excessive salinity also.

Since you flushed, how long ago? look to see if the new growth goes well. The old growth may get worse and damage won't heal, so keep an eye on the newer leaves. Keep an eye on the overall color, if its dark, its too saline.

Note that coco will immobilize calcium and if not properly buffered its worse, and it will have high salinity from sodium.

If you are getting good runoff ec and all the other signs are good, you could go up on the cal mag, especially since you are at only 1000 uS ec currently. I assume your pH is between 5.8 and 6.2 and the op was a typo.

I have had this experience with autos at about the same point in the lifecycle. I just continued with frequent feeing with good runoff, and a flushing with regular feed solution, and it went fine.

Thank you very much. You think adding more calmag solution would not do that as well? Since here in the lockdown it is difficult to go buy anything and I live far away from civilization :p
Sorry for late reply.
I would not add more Cal/mag, it is calcium nitrate and looking at your plant they don't need more nitrogen.
As stated 1 gram Epsom/gallon, and the same rate for misting the plants.

Thank you guys. I think the problem got better for that week. Then I sent them to flower, gave them a small lollipopping. And now in the meanwhile they nearly finished their stretch and I start to see following symptoms; Leaves twisting, brown spots but I am pretty sure it is not Calcium that is missing. I will give them a good flush tomorrow and upfate you guys in a few days. Or has anyone an idea what that could be?

20210209_010458.jpg

20210209_010454.jpg

20210209_010450.jpg

20210209_010435.jpg

20210209_010428.jpg

20210209_010422.jpg

Back
Top Bottom