COCO DTW Multi-Feed White Widow GH Maxi CFL

Funny thing...

My leaves have a blue hue, or a blue shine to them. Probably some P deficiency... Had that for a long time now.

What I just saw... is that where there was shade (leaves overlap), the leaf was much paler and not blue under there.
With the exact pattern of the leaf that was shading.

If you look closely, you can see that the edges are bluish. It does not sow as much on the photo as in real life.
Some leaves are more bluish than that.

WW_Day_85a.JPG

WW_Day_85b.JPG

Looking good there!
Still haven't found out why leaves went blue?

I think I may have used a bit too much Cal/Mag, and too much nutes altogether.
Too much K and the medium acidified (runof PH was always 6.5 for a long while, but then went down and now its like 5.0).
Acidification of medium causes P deficiency, witch makes leaves blue. I have "some" red stems too.
Starting to see intervenal clorosis on big top leaves too.
But she's decaying as my nute solution is at its weakest now... gradually flushing .
But all in all, she's ok.

Also, I had a small infestation of fungus gnats ~30 days ago.
A few days ago... major eclosion of a new fungus gnat generation.
So I have root problems too, caused by overwatering AND/OR poor medium drainage (watering 4 times a day).

Next grow, I plan to do 4 things :
- Less Cal/Mag (find the minimum dose that fits with my tap-water).
- Less nutes overall
- Probably mix my coco with 25-30% perlite (the coco I have gets very compact). I'd like to use big chunky coco croutons instead, but cant find any easily or locally.
- Use Enzymes (probably GroZyme/HygroZyme (37$/L locally) for better root health. I dont overwater for the first several weeks in veg, so overwatering aint a problem at first.

This grow was very instructive, I tried a lot of things and took a lot of notes.
Next one should be a little better, and I should not loose control over what causes this excess that causes this deficiency that causes this lockout etc ;-)

Not having any real deadline this time, I may grow only a single HazeBerry (BlueDream) and let her grow bigger (45-50 days veg). I'll try mainlining too, 16 tops max. I'll have an MH lamp, so vegging will be more fun and efficient than with cfls...

Thanks for your interest !
BP

I'm glad you have a plan for next grow.
But, may I suggest that in pot, add a good thick layer of perlite only in the bottom of pot, and rinse perlite before using it.

I should add...

If you grow in poor-drainage plastic pots... I could see why a layer of clay pebbles or perlite at the bottom could help in draining the standing water at the bottom, where most of the roots are (even root-bound) I might add.

I grow in fabric pots. The bottom is well drained, well aerated, and the roots are not bound at the bottom.
In fabric pots, a bottom layer of anything is not a good idea i.m.o.

BP

No ! It dissolves green matter, but not THC (THC is fat soluble only).

After a number of days (3 to 7), your remove buds from water, and dry them in any witch way (and as quickly as) you want, even in a dehydrator.

Buds are cured, with no chlorophyll or nutes taste...

Bag appeal is lost... you loose the terpenes scent and buds are ugly(er)...
but its supposed to be the smoothest smoke, as potent as air cured.

BP

Back
Top Bottom