COCO DTW Multi-Feed White Widow GH Maxi CFL

PW... you seem to have used LEDs a lot...

I'm looking for essentially a 1 plant lamp to replace 10-12 CFLs. (my plants are usually 18"-24" large).

10 cfls @23 watts use 230 watts. The bigger LED lamp uses 252 watts. I guess it would be more efficient, have more penetration, etc.

I could prob go a bit smaller, but smaller led panels are rectangular, like 6" wide, difficult coverage I guess...

Thanks !

Hi BluePhoric, I have received your message and replied. Though I wanna help very much, I don't think our model can meet your needs. :( Sorry cannot help :hug:

Yesterday I realized there was an other type of light I didn't know about :

CMH (Ceramic Metal Halide). A 315W kit would be great for me (Equivalent to a 600+ HID). Kit would cost ~250 CAN.

Heats less than traditional HID, has the best CRI (96) / Broadest Spectrum of all / Efficient / Long lasting...

I was not very fond of those LED panels to start with (don't really trust the cheap ones and the reputable ones are just too expensive); Alternatively, with the traditional HPS/MH... the heat was a problem for me.

CMH would be a perfect fit ! The prices for those are falling as they are becoming more popular.
I'm in no hurry, so I'll wait for a while...

BP

Yesterday I realized there was an other type of light I didn't know about :

CMH (Ceramic Metal Halide). A 315W kit would be great for me (Equivalent to a 600+ HID). Kit would cost ~250 CAN.

Heats less than traditional HID, has the best CRI (96) / Broadest Spectrum of all / Efficient / Long lasting...

I was not very fond of those LED panels to start with (don't really trust the cheap ones and the reputable ones are just too expensive); Alternatively, with the traditional HPS/MH... the heat was a problem for me.

CMH would be a perfect fit ! The prices for those are falling as they are becoming more popular.
I'm in no hurry, so I'll wait for a while...

BP
Get the one with remote ballast, for even less heat. I'm not sure about replacing a 600w hid, but for sure it more than replaces a 430w eye Hortilux. The bulbs are expensive, but last about twice as long as traditional hid bulbs. I'm more than happy with mine !! And you're right, the good leds are too expensive, while the cheap units are a complete waste of $$ !! And they're still having problems with the expensive units. So I'm waiting also !!

Change of plan, again, ahahaha.

Found a good deal, used.

- Silver star 2XL reflector. worth 150$ CA new
- Ushio HPS 600w (4 months old)... 70$ CA new
- Electronic dimmeable ballast (100%/75%/50%), works for HPS and MH... worth 200 CA$
- power cord, hangers, etc.

All that, for.... 90$

I'd have a great reflector if I ever want to get a CMH ballast and Lamp. (reflectors in CMH kits are usually crappy).
That HPS kit would let me finish my current grow with good lighting, increasing yield.
I'd probably run the lamp at 75% (450W) or even 50% (300w), not sure.

Later on, if I wish to purchase a CMH ballast + lamp, I'll just sell the HPS/MH ballast and the whole thing wont have cost me much ;-)

Should go get that on Friday !
BP

I got my lamp kit today ! Sooner than expected.

Wow... the bulb itself is worth 130$. Reflector 150$, ballast 200$... cant believe it.

The bulb was a newer one than the guy previously said. Says this one has run only a couple of days.
Impossible to verify, of course.

Dimmer is 60% / 75% / 100%. (360W / 450W / 600W).

Question : Do all ballasts, when dimmed lets say at 60%... start at 100% anyway to heat the bulb ? And stays at 100% for like 15 minutes before dimming to whatever preset ?

Milk box hack of the day...

Milk_Crate1.jpg

Milk_Crate2.jpg

Heat wont be a problem with the blower...
But RH will be extremely difficult to maintain, as the humidity of my humidifiers is suck out from this room.

A shot from WW, day 58 (16 days from flip):

WW_Day_58.JPG

Maybe hang up a wet towel during lights on to add a little moisture.

Well, did that in the past, but not really efficient.

I decided to keep the exhaust from the fan in the same room.
When I had 2 plants, I ran ~ 2 x 10-12 CFLS @ 23W... over 500watts total.
I'm running the HPS at 75% power x 600W = 450watts.

Temp is staying at 25C (with my CLFs it was always 24-25 anyway).

RH is rising slowly.

LUX meter ...

With my CFLs, my (phone app) Lux meter measured ~ 40 to 50K Lux if I remember correctly. 40K for sure.

With the HPS@75% = 450W... at 14" from the glass and total 18" from the buld... it reached 120,000 Lux.

Played a while with the height and had to pull up several inches.

Now I'm measuring 90K Lux in the brightest spot, and about 40K Lux in the corners of the plant.

Does that seem good to you, or is it too much? Should I aim for 80K max at the brightest ?

P.S.: Its a phone app, but I measured the sun (its winter), it was 15K Lux. 10 Cfls at 40K Lux looks right also...

BP

Back
Top Bottom