Coco Green Crack x Tutankhamun SCROG Grow Journal - 2017

chappy

Introduction

This grow journal is going to feature a combination grow of Green Crack from Humboldt Seeds (x2) as well as Tutankhamun from Pyramid Seeds (x2). Since these plants have the same sativa/indica ratios (60/40) as well as the same flowering period (60-65 days) I figured that they should work out nicely in a SCROG. I should be able to get a pretty even canopy of growth between the two strains.

Strains

Green Crack - Humboldt Seeds
Genotype: 60% sativa / 40% indica
THC: 18+%
CBD: 0.1%
Flowering: 60-65 days

Tutankhamon - Pyramid Seeds
THC: 23-30%
CBD: 1.8%
Flowering: 60 days

Medium

I will be using coco as my growing medium as it keeps things very simple. I have been mixing my coco with growstone at a ratio of 60/40 and that has been working very well for me. As the plants get larger it allows for a more frequent watering schedule giving it an opportunity to utilize more nutrients. If I run into any nutrient problems, I also have the ability to easily flush and adjust. I also pre-charge my coco with 5.9 PH RO water with 250 ppm Calmag.

Water/Nutrients

For all feedings/waterings I will be using RO water at 5.9 PH along with the House and Gardens (H&G) Cocos A/B nutrient mix and schedule. In addition to the base nutrients I will also be using a mycorrhiza powder, roots accelerator, molasses, and additional flowering nutrients such as Bud XL and Shooting Powder.

Lighting

For lighting I am running the MARS Reflector 192 x 5 led light. I cannot say enough good things about this light. My last grow of White Widow and CBD Therapy yielded 15.61 oz of bud and 2.89 oz of quality trim. I went with a vegetative light cycle of 20/4 and a flowering light cycle of 12/12.

Grow Space

For this grow I am using:

4x4x8 Fusion Hut (1680D)
4" Vortex Fan (200CFM)
4" Fresh Air Filter
5 Gallon Eco Grow Sacks
3' x 3' Flood Table
Drip System

Technique

The technique that I am using is going to be SCROG. I am going to top each plant twice and LST train them into nice symmetrical plants. After the second topping, I am going to put up a 4' x 4' screen with a 4" x 4" grid. That is a total of 144 potential grid sites in the scrog. I like to give myself the option of filling more grid sites if possible but sometimes it is better to go for every other grid site so as not to crowd out the SCROG.

Germination

I am looking at starting germination tomorrow and should be planting on Sunday or Monday. I have had a great deal of success using the paper towel method and will likely just stick with that. RO water at 5.9 PH wil be used.

Hey man im in! Im currently growing some king tut!! 2 of them.

20170920_204815.jpg

Im going to breed them with ghost train haze soon. I cant wait to see your grow!!

Glad to have you guys! I was also toying with the idea of taking a clone from each plant and then crossing them in a second smaller grow box using some colloidal silver. Do any of you guys have any experience in using colloidal silver?
When the time comes there are some folks here with brilliant minds when it comes to cloning and breeding.

Introduction

This grow journal is going to feature a combination grow of Green Crack from Humboldt Seeds (x2) as well as Tutankhamun from Pyramid Seeds (x2). Since these plants have the same sativa/indica ratios (60/40) as well as the same flowering period (60-65 days) I figured that they should work out nicely in a SCROG. I should be able to get a pretty even canopy of growth between the two strains.

Strains

Green Crack - Humboldt Seeds
THC: 18+%
CBD: 0.1%
Flowering: 60-65 days

Tutankhamon - Pyramid Seeds
THC: 23-30%
CBD: 1.8%
Flowering: 60 days

Medium

I will be using coco as my growing medium as it keeps things very simple. I have been mixing my coco with growstone at a ratio of 60/40 and that has been working very well for me. As the plants get larger it allows for a more frequent watering schedule giving it an opportunity to utilize more nutrients. If I run into any nutrient problems, I also have the ability to easily flush and adjust. I also pre-charge my coco with 5.9 PH RO water with 250 ppm Calmag.

Water/Nutrients

For all feedings/waterings I will be using RO water at 5.9 PH along with the House and Gardens (H&G) Cocos A/B nutrient mix and schedule. In addition to the base nutrients I will also be using a mycorrhiza powder, roots accelerator, molasses, and additional flowering nutrients such as Bud XL and Shooting Powder.

Lighting

For lighting I am running the MARS Reflector 192 x 5 led light. I cannot say enough good things about this light. My last grow of White Widow and CBD Therapy yielded 15.61 oz of bud and 2.89 oz of quality trim. I went with a vegetative light cycle of 20/4 and a flowering light cycle of 12/12.

Grow Space

For this grow I am using:

4x4x8 Fusion Hut (1680D)
4" Vortex Fan (200CFM)
4" Fresh Air Filter
5 Gallon Eco Grow Sacks
3' x 3' Flood Table
Drip System

Technique

The technique that I am using is going to be SCROG. I am going to top each plant twice and LST train them into nice symmetrical plants. After the second topping, I am going to put up a 4' x 4' screen with a 4" x 4" grid. That is a total of 144 potential grid sites in the scrog. I like to give myself the option of filling more grid sites if possible but sometimes it is better to go for every other grid site so as not to crowd out the SCROG.

Germination

I am looking at starting germination tomorrow and should be planting on Sunday or Monday. I have had a great deal of success using the paper towel method and will likely just stick with that. RO water at 5.9 PH wil be used.

Congrats on your last harvest and new growth:cheer:

Germination day 1. Started germination today and placed 3 beans each of Green Crack and Tutankhamon into wet paper towel in zip lock bags. The water used to moisten the paper towel was RO PH adjusted to 5.95. I started 3 of each because of my experience with my last grow. One of my White Widow was an inferior phenotype and was noticeably smaller than her sister. It was also not very resilient to changes in nutrient levels throughout the grow. I told myself that I would try to counter this next grow by popping an extra bean of each strain. That gives me the chance to pick the best 2 of the 3 for each strain, provided all seeds germinate. I also placed a small heating pad beneath the germination area to help keep things nice and warm through germination (lowest setting).

day-1-germination-green-crack.jpg

day-1-germination-tutankhamon.jpg

day-1-germination-ph-check.jpg

Don't worry, the light is getting turned out for germination. This is just the most convenient location for me to germinate away from prying eyes :)
day-1-germination-whole-tent.jpg

day-1-germination-paper-towel-method.jpg

No need to ph for now when just germinating. Unless ur water is abnormal. But it doesn't hurt it any either. Glad the show is starting. I've heard great things about the tutan.

Thanks swagg. I figured it couldn't hurt. I have always just used tap water but from reading through a lot of grow journals it seems there are some guys were adjusting the water used for germination. Got 15.61 oz from my last grow in this setup. With GC and KT being high yielders, I am expecting to break a pound on this one.

Germination day 3. After 3 days of germination I have 1 Green Crack and 3 Tutankhamon with tap roots. I am going to plant the other 2 Green Crack seeds anyways just in case they are slow germinators. I mixed my coco and growstone at a 60/40 ratio and soaked it in RO water at 5.95 PH adjusted with Cal-mag to 255 PPM. After soaking and draining, I filled 6 small 4oz cups and planted the seeds. I put the 6 cups onto a large black tray on top of the heating pad on the lowest setting. The light in the tent is 3.5 feet above the cups and has been set for a 20/4 light schedule. Temps in the tent are holding around 75 F with 48% RH.

IMG_20170928_223023.jpg

IMG_20170928_222955.jpg

IMG_20170928_222940.jpg

IMG_20170928_222544.jpg

IMG_20170928_222158.jpg

IMG_20170928_221055.jpg

IMG_20170928_221554.jpg

IMG_20170928_222030.jpg

IMG_20170928_222022.jpg

Veg day 1. Woke up this morning and took a peek into the tent. All 3 Tutankhamon are up and I can see the top of one of the Green Crack breaking the surface. I also took a little peek under the coco of the other 2 Green Crack and one of them has developed a tap root! So this should at least give me 5 plants to choose from which is great. Things were looking pretty dry as well so I went ahead and watered each cup with 40 ml of RO PH 5.9. I let temp come up just a bit and it is now stabilized at 81F with 48% RH with the lights on. During lights out it is 75F with 54% RH.

IMG_20171001_105718.jpg

IMG_20171001_105725.jpg

IMG_20171001_105734.jpg

Veg day 17. Haven't seen a whole lot of growth up until this point. I have been very careful not to over water. Up until 3 days ago they were just getting straight up distilled water PH'd to 6.0. Based on what I have read from many other journals/sources, seedlings have enough of their own nutrients for the first 2 weeks. I did start to notice that the cotyledons were starting to yellow slightly though after about 12 days. At 13 days I started to see some yellowing/deficiency showing on one of the King Tut seedlings. So 3 days ago (day 14) I went ahead and mixed up their first feed of nutrients. Using the H&G Cocos A&B schedule I mixed up some week 1 nutrients of just A&B plus some mycorrhiza powder. I used distilled water and PHd everything to 6.0. Most of the growth has occurred in the last 3 days (2 feedings). So perhaps I was just being too cautious on starting feeding too early? Regardless, things look super healthy and should continue growing at a steady pace from this point on. I am going to add in some roots accelerator for their next feeding which will be tomorrow morning.journals

I am starting to suspect that charging coco with only Cal-mag for seedlings is a mistake. I really feel like there should be 150pm of nutrients added in. So lets say 150ppm Cal-mag and 150ppm Cocos A&B. Clearly soil holds nutrients. Anyways, this is all part of the learning process. Something else to take into account on the next grow. Whats is really cool about these journals is reading back over your previous journals and finding the notes you have left yourself for next time. I will get a few pictures uploaded tomorrow. I think I am at the point now where updates should be flowing regularly. Up to this point things have been relatively unremarkable. It's always a lot more fun when you get to see them fill out!

Lots of pics doenst hurt anything. And I think ur defenitly safe to start introducing the nutes at small doses and slowly increase according to ur feed schedule. I can't check my notes right now but I think I started off with just water not even on water while they were in the rooting cubes and started very small doses of nutes once I moved them into 1 litre pots

Back
Top Bottom