Coco grow

cocodream

hello to all
I want to grow for the first time in coco ,I've grown in soil before,I'd like to get some advice regarding coco grow, is it harder, easier any advice will be greatly.

hello to all
I want to grow for the first time in coco ,I've grown in soil before,I'd like to get some advice regarding coco grow, is it harder, easier any advice will be greatly.
I loved coco d love it but realize I like to start in rooter then Into coco solo starter cups then into soil such as happy frog or ocean forest fox farm. Seems to be what is working for me. Bit coco is nice always ore flush it make sure no for salts ferts in it . You got a ppm and pH meter assume ? After you flush it run down cal mag with water through it as well . Every week you bring ppm up a bit ppm I start around 200-300 and work up to 400-500 etc ..I'll try to help out and follow along . Remember coco always retains 30% oxygen and you essentially at wore charge daily The coconut fibers Les sis more is best advice focus on environmental controls and be prepared to have agressive growing palnts .

Welcome to the mag

I loved coco d love it but realize I like to start in rooter then Into coco solo starter cups then into soil such as happy frog or ocean forest fox farm. Seems to be what is working for me. Bit coco is nice always ore flush it make sure no for salts ferts in it . You got a ppm and pH meter assume ? After you flush it run down cal mag with water through it as well . Every week you bring ppm up a bit ppm I start around 200-300 and work up to 400-500 etc ..I'll try to help out and follow along . Remember coco always retains 30% oxygen and you essentially at wore charge daily The coconut fibers Les sis more is best advice focus on environmental controls and be prepared to have agressive growing palnts .

Welcome to the mag
Hi king
It sounds big on me at my stage as a grower,I think I'm gonna wait and learn some more before I start.
You are kine thank you for sharing.

Hi king
It sounds big on me at my stage as a grower,I think I'm gonna wait and learn some more before I start.
You are kine thank you for sharing.
It's really not as hard as they say it is buddy . I would help you get started and then you can trick it out. If you'd Exide shoot me a tag @cocodream

If you see my signature s You can see how I did in coco inside 3-5 gal best

Hey king
I'm gonna do some in soil and maybe later ,I have to many plants to feed every day twice, im gana stall with it cause I'm not prepared yet, when ill be ready ill talk 2 you bro .I really appreciate your help it will be needed

i posted this on another thread, i will post again as it may be helpful.
I have been growing in coco for a while and getting very good results; its a very easy and productive medium.
Here are some tips for you.

1. Rinse and buffer your coco with calmag before using. Coco will immobilize calcium and exchange it with sodium until the cec points are saturated.
2. Use a cal mag supplement, per item 1
3. Practice high frequency fertigation (fertigatio=irrigation+fertilization) - irrigate with your nutrient fertilizer as often as possible, at least two but preferable four times a day. Treat coco as a hydro media and never let it dry, never use plain water. frequent fertigation pushes oxygen to the roots and makes sure the nutrient balance is correct at the root zone.
4. Fertigate till you get at least 20% runoff each time. That will flush excess salts out of the medium. You can monitor your runoff ec and if its too high, flush with higher runoff.

happy growing

i posted this on another thread, i will post again as it may be helpful.
I have been growing in coco for a while and getting very good results; its a very easy and productive medium.
Here are some tips for you.

1. Rinse and buffer your coco with calmag before using. Coco will immobilize calcium and exchange it with sodium until the cec points are saturated.
2. Use a cal mag supplement, per item 1
3. Practice high frequency fertigation (fertigatio=irrigation+fertilization) - irrigate with your nutrient fertilizer as often as possible, at least two but preferable four times a day. Treat coco as a hydro media and never let it dry, never use plain water. frequent fertigation pushes oxygen to the roots and makes sure the nutrient balance is correct at the root zone.
4. Fertigate till you get at least 20% runoff each time. That will flush excess salts out of the medium. You can monitor your runoff ec and if its too high, flush with higher runoff.

happy growing
Hi and tnx..
I decided not to do coco for now its to much of a handle at the moment.
Tnx again

Back
Top Bottom