Coco - Northern Lights - 2015 - 1st Grow - 300W LED - Old Mars Hydro

Hey breezy :high-five:

I just took a pic of the runt seed girl....

Hope you dont mind me posting pics.... Just wanna show you the recovery possible.... I so nearly pulled her up too

image34483.jpg

Her today
image35059.jpg

Keep the faith breezy

Keep the faith, Breezy:thumb:

My first NL grow had two plants in really small plastic pots (1/2). Same strain did much better in a 3 gallon fabric pot. I'm betting in a week from now they will look much bigger.

:passitleft:

As Budworshipper mentions - be grateful she's looks perfectly healthy. I transplanted one in my current grow and it looked really bad for a few days but she's back strong.;)

Keep the faith breezy

Thanks for sharing BW! Good to know there is a place for our little runts :)

Hopefully they will just be late growers/bloomers. All the best with your grow also - I have definitely been checking that out.

:thumb::goodjob:

Keep the faith, Breezy:thumb:

My first NL grow had two plants in really small plastic pots (1/2). Same strain did much better in a 3 gallon fabric pot. I'm betting in a week from now they will look much bigger.

:passitleft:

As Budworshipper mentions - be grateful she's looks perfectly healthy. I transplanted one in my current grow and it looked really bad for a few days but she's back strong.;)

Thanks for the encouragement! I will take a look at your grow for sure! :thumb:

Hoping to have some good pictures for next week.

Quick question though - do I keep up with the low amounts of growth nutes every water (at the moment is about ever 1.5-2 days) or every other water? I am keeping my nutes really quite low - at about 1/4-1/2 strength right now..

:thanks:

My first two grows I alternated. The current grow I started feeding at day 17 and haven't alternated. Three straight feeds and everyone looks healthy. I've only grown autos. If I see the tips begin to yellow, then I'll skip a feeding and just water.

At some point you should also flush the plant. If you don't need to do it during the growth cycle, usually you flush when you have about 2-3 weeks before harvest. Flushing just means pouring 2 - 3 times the size of the container in ph adjusted water.

How are you measuring your ph?

My first two grows I alternated. The current grow I started feeding at day 17 and haven't alternated. Three straight feeds and everyone looks healthy. I've only grown autos. If I see the tips begin to yellow, then I'll skip a feeding and just water.

At some point you should also flush the plant. If you don't need to do it during the growth cycle, usually you flush when you have about 2-3 weeks before harvest. Flushing just means pouring 2 - 3 times the size of the container in ph adjusted water.

How are you measuring your ph?

I like your plan - keep feeding then water when see yellow tips. I am feeding at a light rate anyway.

I am using a pH kit to check that my end pH is about 6.0-6.2 - at the moment the kit is a bit annoying to use so I have just ordered a pH digital meter.

Going to up my nutes next feed to 1/2 strength i think..

Your plants might need supplement light you should get yourself couple cfl bulbs to add to the 300 watt led I have the 600 watt old model and I had to add more light for two plants it seemed my two had slow growth all so I added cfls with it and seen a big difference in just 2 days just a thought

Yeah I think you are right it would help, but unfortunately until my next pay-day I wont be able to afford any additions - I am also thinking of picking up one of those Grow Northern LED lights.. They look awesome! Have you ever seen Tangs's grows on youtube.. so nice..

I don't think the LED light is that big of an issue. I have the exact same light and grew three NL plants under it. The first two were not much to get excited about but that was due to the size of the pot. Second plant grew fine and the curing buds are tasting nice after about 6 weeks in the jars.

More light can help, but I think it's just this one particular plant that is somewhat stunted and it isn't due to your Mars light.

That's just my opinion based on how that same light is working for me.

I don't think the LED light is that big of an issue. I have the exact same light and grew three NL plants under it. The first two were not much to get excited about but that was due to the size of the pot. Second plant grew fine and the curing buds are tasting nice after about 6 weeks in the jars.

More light can help, but I think it's just this one particular plant that is somewhat stunted and it isn't due to your Mars light.

That's just my opinion based on how that same light is working for me.

Thanks Golfy - thats good news to hear. Yeah I'm a bit gutted they are stunted but hopefully they stretch out a bit now. I just planted a Sensi Skunk Auto and plan to see if that catches up. Will put it in a 3 gallon smart pot - will be pushing for room in the tent if they all explode - but otherwise, might be fun..

Love having these guys sitting next to me while I study!

Peace!

I just added some CFL's to the tent today. I'll be posting pics in a bit. Bought some $5 light stands at Walmart and they're the perfect height right now for some added light down low. It's getting crowed in there, but it's good because it's warming up nicely. I'm going to need that when the weather gets cold.

That's great I just bought the spider 4 cob led grow light from twilight groups.com added it last saturday with my grow my plants are loving this light I have the spider 4 cob and 600 watt hars hydro old model plus 277 watts of cfls in my 2.5x2.5x6.5 grow area for my 2 autos there loving the extra light I want big yield and ya plants will grow under the old models but you won't get multiple oz. Bud with 1 light like you will by adding the cfl you bought more light more product you got think it takes 4 months from seed to harvest you pay electricity bill and time spent you want biggest harvest you can get for your time you put in I think you made right choice By buying the cfls they help a lot and I never heard of the northern light led I bought my light because of the sponser pages here and journal I've read that people had success with it wish I would bought the mars 2 700 instead of the 600 watt old model been told several times that there just cheap ebay competition lights and I didn't know that at the time so I took the leap saved up between checks and got something I felt would be way better to run with it but ya if you think the northern light led would be better to run with the 300 watt old model then do it I think your plants will love the cfls you'll see a difference in couple days I did hope they beef up soon for ya just don't over feed them keep your ph 6.0-6.5 they will be fine

Quick update - the two girls are still small and squat.. Planted a small Sensi Skunk as you might be able to make out...She's popped and I might transplant her into a 3 gallon, see if she can catch the other two up..

I know, sill to not plant her in the final pot but I made her pot bottomless. It is sitting in a the bottomless cup in that metal cup and hopefully I can just plant her in the bottomless cup later then peel the cup off from round her at some point?

IMG_63768.jpg
IMG_63728.jpg
IMG_63609.jpg
IMG_63736.jpg
IMG_63745.jpg
IMG_63756.jpg

More grow nutes will be used earlier this time for my new plant...

Quick question - Does anyone know if my plants should be smelling at this stage. I can definitely smell them. My concerns is that they are so small and stunted - at day 25 and as you can see they are tiny. It looks like im going to grow some mini-micro plants.

My other seed has popped and is looking good. What day do you guys 1) recommend removing the humidity dome; and 2) recommend trans planting?

:)

I love coming home and getting a pleasant surprise. Every day they seem to be bulking up now! Starting to smell a bit too!

Went to the store bought a nice new ph pen, and some additives:

Calmag - starting that on the bigger girls this week.
Then, because they didn't have any Atami Bloombastic (damn), i bought Shogun PK boost and Sumo Boost for later (apparently those two combined will act the same as the Bloombastic.

On top of that I bought some tie downs in case I get to the stage where I want to LST - I'm thinking it is too early atm and I dont really understand it that well...

IMG_63787.jpg
IMG_63776.jpg

Your plants might need supplement light you should get yourself couple cfl bulbs to add to the 300 watt led I have the 600 watt old model and I had to add more light for two plants it seemed my two had slow growth all so I added cfls with it and seen a big difference in just 2 days just a thought

You know what man - I just bought one of them big 300w CFL's. Going to try and rig it in the middle of all three of my plants and just rotate them daily..

I just added some CFL's to the tent today. I'll be posting pics in a bit. Bought some $5 light stands at Walmart and they're the perfect height right now for some added light down low. It's getting crowed in there, but it's good because it's warming up nicely. I'm going to need that when the weather gets cold.

Hey Golfer - got a big CFL coming in the mail to supplement my LED soon. Planning on hanging it in the middle and rotating the plants - 6 inches is best from the plants in terms of distance?

Back
Top Bottom