Coco - Scrog - HPS - COB

Gehg

Wassup 420!!

So this will be my second journal although the first one got neglected in the final 5 weeks.

I have just harvested the 5 plants that where in my flower room.

Girl Scout cookies (3) - 268g total
Honey suckle - 89g
Purple skunk mass - 74g

449grams total from a 1.5m2 scrog.

I am really happy with the end yield averaging 3.3z per plant.
The quality of flower is my main priority over yield this time round however.

I have two rooms but have moved all plants to my flower room still on 18-6 light schedule.

Ok so here we go.

Strains-

4 Girl Scout cookie cuttings
1 peyote cookie - Barneys (seed)
1 Blue Dream - Humboldt (seed)
1 CBDxCritical Cure - Barneys (seed)

Medium and technique -

The girls are in coco and I have a 1.5m2 scrog net that I have built from some timber and string. I will be adding a second layer to this for support as I had a s*** time trying to support the nugs last time round.

Lights -

Mars hydro 600w & 600w HPS.
In the next couple of weeks I will purchasing and building 2 400w vero 29 Gen 7 COB's.

Nutes -

Full range of Remo Nutrients.
I have recently switched from Canna A&B and I am really happy with how the plants respond and how much lower it keeps the E.C.
I have a very high tap water .7EC and even at full strength feed I'm not going over 2.0EC

Ok so time for a big update :) some good and some bad news
420-magazine-mobile1824082108.jpg

That was my room a couple of days ago but I have made some changes since then!
The scrog net has gone in
420-magazine-mobile1957883890.jpg

There are six plants under there 5 topped one not. I was supposed to have under my peyote cookies under the net but due to its size there where several snaps whilst I tried to get it to fit.

The main stem snapped in the middle so I have taped and used wire to hold it together and an arm I completely took off.

420-magazine-mobile536103796.jpg

420-magazine-mobile843461460.jpg

I put the top of the arm I took off in my aero prop in a hope to save it, I didn't have any rooting gel left though so it went straight in.
420-magazine-mobile800902108.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1263165557.jpg

If you're wondering why the rest of my cuttings are looking so sad is I have been experimenting with organic rooting gels. I used honey this time round and it all seems to be going swimmingly until about 4 days ago.
I had added a tiny bit of honey water and velokelp to the aero props water and over time it gunked up my pump filter and the water stopped spraying. Coupled with the fact that the pump was still running but no water spraying caused the water temp to rise and bacteria grow.
I have cleaned it and them since then in a last ditch effort to save them but if I'm honest I think I'm going to sack them off today and take another load of cuttings.
I'm pretty annoyed about the peyote cookies but I will make sure it's the right size next time round! :)

Ive got my dripper system to install today and I'm in need of a good tidy up
420-magazine-mobile691202061.jpg

It's going to be interesting to see the untopped one grow, I may bend it down if it starts to get too tall. I would like to start node spreading with these plants. I am also going to use the back building technique to get some solid and thick nugs! :)

My last harvest is Jarred up ready to smoke! I have had some great reviews from friends so far but I'm excited to keep this curing for a while to really release the flavours!! :)

420-magazine-mobile1592018280.jpg

I post a proper strain review in the coming weeks!

Peace

So I installed my watering system last night! :)

I have a res I fill up with a pump that has a hose coming out to an 8 way splitter

420-magazine-mobile523734300.jpg

This then has 6 4mm pipes coming out to dripper stakes
420-magazine-mobile1508997050.jpg

420-magazine-mobile415151768.jpg

1 goes in each pot, I would like to change these for dripper rings later on so as to allow for better distribution of the water. Last time I used stakes and had to push several different locations on and felt like I was damaging the roots.

420-magazine-mobile1084549096.jpg

I had to prop my cbd up on some Rockwell cubes as it was juussst below the net. Checked it this morning and it's loving being spread out.

The res ph rose to 6.3 today after setting it at 5.8 last night. I set it back down this morning but need to keep monitoring. I have a pump in the res keeping the water moving and generating oxygen but I didn't think that the ph would rise so much in 12hrs! :)

I ended up taking 13 cuttings from that peyote cookies, I used generic rooting gel this time round but I want to experiment with some willow water in the aero prop. Honey water is NOT good!

Has anyone created their own root stimulant suitable for aero prop use??

Peace

did a bit of training today! :)

16997.jpg
22631.jpg
32192.jpg

Not sure how I’m going to deal with my one non topped in amongst a bunch of scroggers but I’ll figure it out somehow!
Got a COB setup Im wanting to put in but I need to think of how I’m going to A) fit it in and B) what height to run it at...

I don’t want to spend all the time training the other girls so their colas are the same height and then have Herman Munster towering over and taking all the rays. I’m going to have serious think about about pulling it out of the room and revegging.

Does anybody have experience running two techniques so close by like this?
I can only assume that because my light is further away from the majority of the canopy due to Herman’s height that it will hinder the general quality and size of the rest? Initially I wanted to replace the Peyote cookies I snapped as I felt I’d loose out in final yield but that now is less important to me than the quality of my entire room!

Thanks everyone for their defol info! Im gonna try 1 minor defol day after tomorrow and then a bigger one after stretch is done.

Peace

Day 7 since flip.

Not too much happened today except I’ve first started to notice some pistils ....
Not on all girls but 3 outa 6! :)

Herman Munster my untopped GSC is really happy at the minute!
I have put in a second small radiator and the temps are perfecto .!
16998.jpg
22632.jpg

I’ve got my COB on order and it should arrive next week! :) looking forward to the extra power it will bring.

Bought a new oscillating fan today. I have a static one that is brilliant but it doesn’t quite cover my room.
I’m thinking about running the status under canopy but I definitely need to do some more reading about airflow and how it affects flower production.

32193.jpg

Did do any training today but I’m going to get in after work tomorrow and pin those ladies
Down.
41638.jpg

Will take my camera up too so I can take some better photos than this rolling shutter phone crap! :)

Peace

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom