Coco Scrog - Multiple Strains

Update: 4/21/12

Growth has been slow lately, kind of getting disappointed!

I tried supercropping for my first time on Group A. I snapped two branches so I dabbed them with clonex and tapped them up. I moved Group B to put Group A alone under the 150w HPS. I also added some panda film on the sides of the 150w to not waste any light, kind of like curtains. The pics were taken with the HPS off and a single 27w cfl on so sorry for the bad lighting

2012-04-21_14_23_36.jpg

2012-04-21_14_25_22.jpg

2012-04-21_14_25_47.jpg

I put Group B under about 120watts of CFL in a triangle formation. Pics were taken with the 68w off because it was too bright and I couldn't take pics

2012-04-21_14_32_56.jpg

2012-04-21_14_32_39.jpg

2012-04-21_14_32_22.jpg

2012-04-21_14_30_49.jpg

The 68w CFL is larger then the pots

2012-04-21_14_33_22.jpg

Thanks for the help teSmp!

I just finihsed reading your journal thus far, lookin good bud. i cant wait to see yours hit the screen.

last night mine was about 3" from the screen still, i should probably go check on her today :p

now that i finally have my hydro system dialed in properly, and everything is going as planned... i acutally havent done anything to my res in the past 3 days apart from top with a little water/nutes. ph is nice and stable :)

now that i think about it... i should probably go get a new batch of tea brewing too... current one is just over a week old... going to start to rot soon :p

so peace out for now!

I just finihsed reading your journal thus far, lookin good bud. i cant wait to see yours hit the screen.

last night mine was about 3" from the screen still, i should probably go check on her today :p

now that i finally have my hydro system dialed in properly, and everything is going as planned... i acutally havent done anything to my res in the past 3 days apart from top with a little water/nutes. ph is nice and stable :)

now that i think about it... i should probably go get a new batch of tea brewing too... current one is just over a week old... going to start to rot soon :p

so peace out for now!

Thanks for checking out my grow, I can't wait either! Things have been a snails pace this grow which is killing precious Veg time. I was going to make them all mother plants however I don't think I will be able to fill the screen if I waste much more time.

My initial plan was to take cuttings off of the mothers and put the Critical Mass & LA Confidential under the screen while they have a few months of Veg. Then I would add the other 5 plants a month or so before flowering time. That way I have two large plants for the Scrog, and 4-5 other smaller plants around the Screen!

Instead, I'm going to scrap the idea of making the Critical Mass & one of the LA Confidential's into mother plants. There are several reasons for this

- Taking too long, I want to have enough Veg time to fill the screen
- I have two LA Con's, both of which showed their true identity today with pre-flowers. They ARE Females :cheesygrinsmiley: So I only need one for a mother
- I have another Snow White seed

So I will have a mother plant of each besides the Snow white but I have another bean in the stash so I can pop that if I want to grow it again.

The LA Con is supposed to be a 45-56 day strain, while the Snow White is 8-10 weeks so I will most likely have to harvest separately but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

hey man looking good man I like a lot. your plants have been beautiful since day one. sorry i can't get over here more and speak a helping or happy word, but I've been so busy. I appreciate all the great advice you have given me and just wanted to stop by and say whats up and check up on your colony lol

hey man looking good man I like a lot. your plants have been beautiful since day one. sorry i can't get over here more and speak a helping or happy word, but I've been so busy. I appreciate all the great advice you have given me and just wanted to stop by and say whats up and check up on your colony lol

:thanks: Degee

Don't sweat it brotha, You have a great grow yourself. I'm loving that bush, and I've never followed a grow with autos from the beginning so that will be nice! I've seen you out and about at other journals and you always have kind things to say, Congratulations on getting nominated for MOTM. 9 Votes is not too shabby at all, and you've only been here for a month, you should be very proud :thumb:

Hey stoned, glad you got an idea together now!:high-five:

I have been thinking about making a bonsai mother with my cheese, something I can keep small but perpetually going!

Me too, I'm really bad at sticking with my initial plans.

That would be cool, one in a 2L would probably be perfect for your size grow. I came across the Bonsai thread a while ago and it really intrigued me. I think I topped the mothers too young when the roots weren't established enough because it really slowed them down.

That would explain a slow grow.

I am going to wait until just before the 12/12 switch to take a clone to use for it. I wish I had a seed to start a mother from but as long as I have the cheese now, I may as well preserve it:cheesygrinsmiley:

We are going to be getting a new fridge, so if I can separate the freezer from the fridge we have now, I'll have a reeferator for veg and keep this as a flowering closet.

Update: 4/28/12

I Transplanted LA Con #2, C. Mass, & Snow White into 1 gallons yesterday and moved them outside into the greenhouse. After transplant I fed them BPN farmers pride Veg 1 formula but I think I may move up to Veg 2 next feeding because they look hungry, any opinions would be appreciated? I have a single CFL in the middle of the three to be sure they are getting 14 hours of light because I have had previous problems in the past with plants flowering prematurely when moved from indoor to outdoor.

I decided since I only have 2-3 Months of Veg, I would put three plants outside right now. The LA Con is a short bushy grower so it may not be ideal for the Scrog, so I also put the C. Mass out there.

I LST'ed the LA Con. #2 & Snow white this morning.

Here are some before LST pics. (That 68w CFL makes the plants looks even smaller then they really are Lol)

2012-04-28_10_17_11.jpg
2012-04-28_10_15_28.jpg
2012-04-28_10_15_47.jpg
2012-04-28_10_16_51.jpg

After LST

2012-04-28_10_25_36.jpg
2012-04-28_10_25_18.jpg
2012-04-28_10_26_12.jpg
2012-04-28_10_26_34.jpg

Here are the mothers to be still indoors, which were also LST'ed

2012-04-28_10_37_00.jpg
2012-04-28_10_37_28.jpg
2012-04-28_10_38_25.jpg
2012-04-28_10_39_00.jpg
2012-04-28_10_39_38.jpg

Here is LA Con. #1 which is indoors under 14hrs of light like the rest, I thought in the beginning they were pre-flowers but this looks like an awful lot of pre-flowers. LA Con. #2 is also showing pistils but not near as many as #1. Does it look like it could possibly be flowering or do some strains just show lots of pre-flowers?

2012-04-28_10_38_43.jpg

Thanks for stopping by
:peace:

hey man, take a look at my plant. i just posted new pics. Lots of pre flowers too. mud budding tho and I'm sure of it cuz I'm outdoors. so take a look and i think you won't be so worried anymore :Namaste:

Yeah I checked it out, it's looking good! I've grown several times before and have gotten pre-flowers like yours many times but the nodes this time on the LA Cons are stacked with pistils which makes me think it is somehow flowering

Update: 5/5/12

First off, Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone !

The plants are looking a lot better. The three outside seem to be enjoying the sun.

Temps hit 90 a few times which I'm not too happy about, but I have the intake blowing cool fresh air onto the canopy and there are no visible signs of heat stress Yet!

Here are the three girls outside. The LA Con is starting to bush out very nicely but doesn't seem to be growing to much vertically, I'm hoping she will reach for the screen at some point.

The Critical Mass on the other hand is starting to stretch like crazy, the internodes are spaced kind of far for my liking. I will LST all the tops tomorrow

Group Shot

2012-05-05_10_46_45.jpg

Snow White

2012-05-05_10_45_32.jpg

LA Con

2012-05-05_10_44_48.jpg

Critical Mass

2012-05-05_10_46_09.jpg

I took the 4 plants that are indoors under the HPS outside this morning to take some better pictures

Tahoe OG

2012-05-05_10_59_50.jpg

Vortex

2012-05-05_10_59_02.jpg

SLH

2012-05-05_11_00_12.jpg

LA Con (This plant seems to be flowering for some reason, it is under the same light schedule as the others and is the only one showing pistils like crazy. If it does end up flowering I will most likely just trash it)

2012-05-05_10_59_29.jpg

Group shot

2012-05-05_11_01_44.jpg

That is it for this update

Back
Top Bottom