Coco Tabs Equal Good Meds

I have read so many different formula's for making capsules and I have talked to a couple of different dispensaries and came to the conclusion that everybody has there own ideas, including me. The first time I made them I used 3 grams of bud ground up and about 12 grams of coconut oil. I did it stove top in a frying pan and watch the temps with a good thermometer. After capping them up they were fantastic for getting stoned but for daily meds for the wife it was way to strong. So after I harvested and had plenty of bud to use I started with a different ratio. I used 12.5 grams of sour diesel bud and 12.5 grams 50/50 sativa and indica shake. I ground it up in a food processor and put it into a small crock pot, that I test for temp (290 degrees) with 150 grams of oil or a 6 to 1 ratio. I cooked it for about 2 hours and put it back in the food processor and turned it into a very fine liquid paste. I put it back in the crock pot and cooked it again for another 10 hours. I capped it up and it wasn't what the wife liked. DAM Gets a little intense for about a hour and then mellows out a little. She's not an indica fan SSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO back to ratio board and this time I got it to where she likes it. I used 5 grams of sour diesel bud and 3 grams of sativa shake and 2 grams of indica shake. I upped the coconut oil to 70 grams or a 7 to 1 ratio. I cooked this about the same as the first one but shortened the cooking time by a few hours and it still worked good. The second grinding really helps liquidify the med and makes it a lot easier to put in caps.

Both the of the crock pot batchs were liquid enough to use a 60cc flushing syringe to fill the caps. I tried on the big batch to shorten the fill a little but it was still to strong. I got 209 capsules off the first crock pot batch. The last one I got 102 capsules that were filled to about 1/8" from the top. She's liking these so we are both happy now.

I bought one of the Bullet blenders and man it works great for grinding. Of course after grinding the container is full of resins so I pour some coconut into it and out it comes.

:yahoo:One thing while you are doing all the different steps in making these capsules you have to lick the spoon, finger out the bullet and crock pot and any drips on the table while you are filling the capsules. Draw the line somewhere because you can get REALLY STONED and have a great night. AAAAAAAA that's not bad. :peacetwo:

beemerbill;
Sounds like you have a great time filling capsules. Kinda like cutting up hash, that was always a stoned time.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

YR making the brew is a lot of fun. licking the pot, pun intended, gets to be a lot more fun. :allgood::)

Everyone that is interested in cooking cannabis I was showed a chart with the evaporation point of the good stuff. The temp that I cook or decarbonize it at is probably wrong. I was told that I was doing it wrong and was wasting the good stuff in our herb. After about 3 hours of research this morning I have found a lot of info saying I am doing it at to high of temp. I have had good results from the way I do it but I sure as hell don't want to screw things up for me or anyone else. Decarboxylation happens fairly fast at 106 C or 220 F so these are the temps you should be using to get to the good stuff. It happen fairly fast at this temp so it's not necessary to do it any longer than that. I will start doing it for around a half an hour. Now it also says that you could be a little lower than that with the temps and it would still work but takes longer. Live and learn and I'm sorry for all the misinformation. Here's the chart.

CANNABINOID, TURPENOID, AND FLAVOID PROPERTIES

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG)
Boiling point: MP52
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

ß-myrcene
Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

ß-caryophyllene
Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

a-pinene
Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

a-terpineol
Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

ß-sitosterol
Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor

Sorry don't sell. I make these for my wife and her chronic pain.

beemerbill;

Thank you for the great thread. A few questions for you if you dont mind. First, do you use gel caps? Second is what size caps do you use? I see that they come in all sizes from 3-00.

beemerbill;

Thank you for the great thread. A few questions for you if you dont mind. First, do you use gel caps? Second is what size caps do you use? I see that they come in all sizes from 3-00.

Hey MR GreenBeard, Making these for my wife has been a challenge but at the same time fun. After all the research I have made more capsules for her and I have made them a little weaker. The day time capsules have gone to all sativa both bud and shake and I have made some night time indica capsules to sleep with. The daytime ratio has gone to a 10/1 and the hash capsule are at 15/1. I use the low setting on my crock pot and it gets to just over 200 degrees and it is work real good at the temp. I use 00 capsules and I fill the big end all the way up. I bought a capsule filling machine from Amazon and it works but the capsules vary in size just a little so it doesn't work as it should. I still use part of it to hold the big end for filling. I'm going to order some more caps a pay a little more for them to see if they are better. My wife lives by these and can't get along without them so it's nice. We are in a medical legal state so we started out buying the capsules from a dispensary. The day time caps were 25 a dozen or 3 dozen for the price of 2 and that adds up quite fast if your taking 4 a day. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

One other thing. When you make them it is a lot easier to make them weaker than stronger. I would start at 4/1 ratio and go from there. Add more oil if you need it weaker.

Interesting read. Sounds reall high for caps, put a dollar sign on your price for caps...

Interesting read. Sounds reall high for caps, put a dollar sign on your price for caps...

Not following what you are saying. Are you saying with the cost of bud per cap it's costing to much? To buy up here in washington the coco tabs are 50 for 3 doz and that is the best price I found. Some get even higher. The biggest batch I did was 248 caps and the was using 10gr of bud and 10gr of shake. to buy that many it would be around 350 so using the amount I did it was around 120 if I would have had to buy it. Growing makes it a lot better. I make insomnia tabs for sleeping and Stress tabs for her tension she gets every once in awhile. I use Burmese Kush for Insomnia and Headband 707 for stress and both are a 6/1 ratio. the cost goes up for those but I have the bud.

beemerbill +Reps... love the tutorial, simple, clear, concise. And I agree, the dispensary/co-op's here in WA charge a ridiculous amount for some things.

Thanks runewulfsong, Yes the dispensaries seem to be getting higher in price as time goes on. Not much but everyone seem to think there's is the best. Heck at the Saturday market there was a guy there that wanted $10 for a capsule that can be made for about 30 cents. I had to chuckle. I started reading your journal this morning before i left for work so I will be over to see my neighbors grow.

Thanks, and totally agree... I haven't hit any of the markets yet. Tucked into OP so out there a bit. We want to hit some of the Olympia ones at some point, but that's probably a few months off yet. Other things to spend the money on between inside and outside gardens.

I also make pain cream for the wife and friends that need it.

Very easy to make.

equal amounts, volume wise, bud and coconut oil cooked in my crock at 180F for a few hours. I rough grind the bud first, cook, strain through something like cheese cloth, I used a 120 micron dry ice hash bag, and then I cook in shea butter, beeswax, menthol crystals, tea tree oil as a preservative, and a fragrance of your choice. Great cooling effect and pain relief. I used 2 cups of bud and oil in my mix. I ended up with about 2 cup of oil after straining. I used around 1/3 cup of shea butter and 1/3 cup beeswax plus 4 heaping tablespoons of menthol crystals. After cooking put mix in blender and blend for a few minutes and then pour into containers. These amounts make it harden up to a nice consistency that is easy to use. Try it you'll like it. Edit.. you can play with the beeswax if you want it a little stiffer.

And a a bonus the left over used bud can be used in edibles. Per 1/8 cup of bud put in big chocolate bar. I added some coconut and almonds. Wife seems to like it but got a little to stoned being on her meds.

Beemerbill,

Awesome thread....I know ot has been awhile since last post but I would like clarification on the amounts of your recipe...like in a cookbook!!

2 cups cannabis (course grind)
2 cups coco oil

Cook at 180f for 3 hours, strain to separate cannabis =2 cups of canna-oil....
Add to the canna-oil:
1/3 cup shea butter
1/3 cup bees wax
4 heaping tablespoons menthol crystals
@@@@@How much tea tree oil?
@@@@@How long additional cooking?

How long is the shelf life in your experience?

If you can fill in the blanks that would be awesome!!!
I have been searching for a good pain cream and I have read some glowing reviews of your recipe on other threads.

Thankyou, Sir!

Beemerbill,

Awesome thread....I know ot has been awhile since last post but I would like clarification on the amounts of your recipe...like in a cookbook!!

2 cups cannabis (course grind)
2 cups coco oil

Cook at 180f for 3 hours, strain to separate cannabis =2 cups of canna-oil....
Add to the canna-oil:
1/3 cup shea butter
1/3 cup bees wax
4 heaping tablespoons menthol crystals
@@@@@How much tea tree oil?
@@@@@How long additional cooking?

How long is the shelf life in your experience?

If you can fill in the blanks that would be awesome!!!
I have been searching for a good pain cream and I have read some glowing reviews of your recipe on other threads.

Thankyou, Sir!

Howdy Squeeks and Happy Skunkday to ya,

I have a hard time keeping this around. I have quite a few people using it. The tea tree oil is used as a preservative and I really don't know the exact amount. I put around a dozen drops in. As far and extra cooking to get the ingredients melted in, I just warm it up untill everything is hot and there isn't any layering. The last time I made it I didn't even put it in the blender. Blending it does add a little volume to it though. Shelf life is an unknown. It should last for at least a couple of years. Coconut oil doesn't really go bad plus cooking and tea tree oil helps also. I still have a small container of the first batch I made and it's still looking good. Hope this helps and if you have more question just ask and come back and let us know how it works.

Beemer + reps what a very good thread this is.
Were I am cannabis isn't errr totally legal lets say. It's not used for medical purposes by the masses and those who do use medically (me) usually just smoke it. Smoking sometimes is to much. I can be totaly pain free and high as a kite but I can't go to work or to the supermarket "high as a kite" so I'm hoping to hit a happy medium with these caps :)
I'm harvesting soon. Iv got one plant that's good and one that's gone totaly tits up. So the "tits up" plant will be my experimenting plant :) she may yield 1.5oz or so but I'm guessing potency will be low so I'm guna try make some caps outa it for me and my friend.
Again thankyou for this thread :)

Alex I glad you like it and I hope it will do you a lot of good. It works really good for my wife.

Great read beemerbill and some really funny lines...kinda like making the concentrate...right, licking the drips...lmao. Haven't seen you around the cancer forums, miss you man. Peace

Back
Top Bottom