Coco

Slimn2gr8eD

Can anyone give me the run down on growing in coco perlite? I've only done dwc and I'm new to coco and know very little. Is it ok that im starting my seeds in 1" rockwool cubes? I soaked them in 5.5 ph for 30 min then let them drip for a few then I put in some calmag and pH down the water to 5.5 again and then pulled out a little piece of the rw and put the seed in and set the chunk on top and placed it in my coco perlite mix then I watered till I had a bit of run off... I'd already mixed and ran a bit of water through the coco before so it was pretty flushed. Am I suppose to water are the rw like 2-3" around the rw until the seedling emerges or do I wet the whole thing I put voodoo juice and a lil great white too... Did I already start off wrong?

Hi Slimn2gr83D

I am in the middle of my first grow in CoCo after growing in DWC. Check it out the link is in my signature.

I think you are heading in the right direction. I started most of my plants in Rockwook Cubes then put the whole cube in the CoCo, put a humidity dome over the top (1 liter soda bottle with bottom cut off).

One thing I found about CoCo is it really wicks the water out of the cube quite quickly so I would water both directly on the cube and a ring around it until the roots started taking off. The nice thing about CoCo is that it is almost impossible to over water in CoCo. You treat your grow just like DWC as their are no nutrients in CoCo.

I supplement with Cal-Mag and shoot to keep PH between 5.5-6.5.

You should start a grow Journal and you will find lots of help there. Feel free to ask anything.

Back
Top Bottom