Coconut Almond Canna Clusters

Been messing about with my dipping chocolate recipe and decided to apply my efforts to some edibles other than gummies :D

IMG_0216.jpg
IMG_0217.jpg

They look very tasty!
Could you provide details? Recipe? A how-to start to finish?

nom nom nom
Yeppers! I'll write up something prettier later BUT:

Canna coconut oil* 75g
Sweetened coconut flakes 150g
Sweetened condensed milk 120g

I would rather have not used the pre-sweetened coconut flakes but it's all I had on hand.

Dipping chocolate can be purchased or made with one of many online recipes. I'm working on making my own and it's currently overcomplicated BUT:

1 tbsp oil (currently trying veg blend vs avocado)
1-2tsp soy lecithin
Beeswax
dark chocolate (I buy bulk and I'm not sure of the brand...I think a lot of bars like Lindt all start out with the same base dark chocolate and go from there...not sure, tho). Anything you like really. Hell, those wilton melts work great.

*To make my coconut oil stuff I just take as much trim as I can fit in a 1 gallon freezer bag, toss it in one of my old cast iron or aluminum heavy pots which then gets put in a larger stew pot in a double boiler config. Water between the two pots. Add coconut oil to cover the trim....keep it at or below 240 for however long...(this current batch I left on the stove for two days on my tiny simmer burner. If I was in or around the kitchen I had it on. If I had to go do something away from the house proper, I turned it off.)

Oh so....make to coconut gunk. Chill for 30 minutes or more. Toast almonds (or buy roasted ones :D ). I do mine at 220 for 40-ish minutes.

Let almonds cool and cover in an arbitrary amount of coconut gunk. Chill/freeze again and dip. Use a fork, two forks, fork and spoon....whatever works. Plop on wax/parchment paper and let set.

Been messing about with my dipping chocolate recipe and decided to apply my efforts to some edibles other than gummies :D

IMG_0216.jpg
IMG_0217.jpg
Yum!
But it's the edible gummies that brought me here...can you recommend any good receipes? I've done 4 batches and I cant seem to bind my coconut infused oil to gummies...when they harden the oil always floats to the top...even with added sunflower liquid lecithin. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Yum!
But it's the edible gummies that brought me here...can you recommend any good receipes? I've done 4 batches and I cant seem to bind my coconut infused oil to gummies...when they harden the oil always floats to the top...even with added sunflower liquid lecithin. Any suggestions would be awesome!
I tried the coco oil and lecithin recipes and have yet to get a decent result. I make tincture and then distill out all the alcohol so I'm left with that I guess is hash oil/rick simpson oil. I'm not sure what it's called officially (everyone seems to call the same thing lots of different names) so apologies

Here's the site where I found the method I use for making tincture

i got about 1 litre of tincture....i turned it into MBO and made some gummies with it but didnt turn out great either lol, very green and staining on the hands and taste like arse. Ill continue searching for that elusive gummy receipe.... :thanks:

Tinctures need to be used for gummies. As stated, anything with oil will stratify (layer).

The Magical Butter Machine Co. has videos uploaded on u-toob. That is where i get a good visual for the stuff.

They use tinctures and gelatin...I would need to review again before rattling off the ingredients. Check 'em out. :)

Tinctures need to be used for gummies. As stated, anything with oil will stratify (layer).

The Magical Butter Machine Co. has videos uploaded on u-toob. That is where i get a good visual for the stuff.

They use tinctures and gelatin...I would need to review again before rattling off the ingredients. Check 'em out. :)

So even with added lecithin the oil will still layer on top?

I actually used the magical butter machine to make my tincture....as well as followed their receipe to make gummies...but yeah still taste terrible

staining on the hands and taste like arse

I recently came across something about making tinctures less ass-flavored. I'll try to refind it. It might of had something to do with that Magical Butter Machine thing.

Also wear gloves! Thanks to COVID and the restriction on essential health care supplies, I discovered food service gloves work well enough baking with weed (I would never try to trim in them).

Lecithin should work to get lipids and non-lipids to play nicely...it's just finicky in my experience.

I do know agar is weird and I don't like working with it :D

Gummy recipe 1

Gummy recipe 2

I have used both of these recipes several times. Twice with EVOO and Coconut Oil, and at least 6 times with an alcohol tincture made with Everclear 151. I did have separation issues on my first tries with the oil based ingredients, but letting the liquid cool slightly and whisking vigorously while still in the pan, then keeping it shaken/stirred in the bottle helped a lot with that. I don’t like the coconut oil taste, so unless I make them for someone else I’ll stick with the alcohol tincture - which makes a beautiful, clear, and truly gummy-like textured product. Recipe #1 is my favorite of the two, and I’ve reversed the amount of water and alcohol with great success (to 1/4 c tincture and 1/2 c water). I did that because my tincture was run 4 times in the Magical Butter Machine and was very strong. You can do the same with oils, which would likely allow you to swap the liquids like I’ve done and perhaps have a better emulsification? Hope this is helpful. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom