Coco's Closet First Grow: CFL Northern Lights In Coco Coir

CocoCanna

Hi everyone! :)

After weeks and weeks of preping and reading i've finally reach the day where it's my turn to try my hand at this beautiful science.

So here i go:
What strain is it?
-Northern Lights Feminized, from Nirvana Shop. 6 weeks shipping (my god i was wondering if I'd ever get them)

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
-Indica dominant

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
-Seedlings day 3, germinated in wet paper towels.

Indoor or outdoor?
-Indoor, small closet

Soil or Hydro?
-Hydro in coco coir, (with 25% perlite)

Size of light?
-4x40W CFLs, i have a small led grow light too that i'll eventually setup with more CFL probably.

Is it aircooled?
-Circulating fan, shooting at the walls

Temp of Room/cab?
-maintained around 25C (80F), with a small automatic heater

RH of Room/cab?
-Around 35% to 40%, I need to fix this soon, will go out today to buy another humidifier that doesnt suck. I have small humidity domes made from empty bottles on the girls for the moment.

PH of media or res?
-My plain water is at 8.5, I lower it with the Cal-Mag every other wathering and with citrus juice.. I know i'll fix this too :laughtwo:

Any Pests ?
-None i'm aware of, i've read coco is great at not attracting insects.

How often are you watering?
-Once a day or two, I'd say every 18h or so.

Type and strength of ferts used?
-Just CalMag for now, i'll be soon following the FloraGrow trio charts i've found, maybe starting next watering with just a little, less is mode with seedlings right? :morenutes:

Thank you everyone here, it's only with your help that i've been able to get to this point.:circle-of-love:

Alright and now the pictures of the babies :thumb:

If you have any comments or opinions I'm open to anything :) :Namaste:

20170521_104617.jpg
20170521_104459.jpg
20170521_104705.jpg
20170521_104625.jpg
20170521_104634.jpg
20170521_104654.jpg

Little update on my plants,

Just gave them their first watering with the flora trio, i'll wait to see if everything is alright but they seem pretty happy :):thumb:

20170522_112105.jpg

I increased the humidity in cycles from 45% up to 70% in the morning, like natural morning dew. also got a better hanging system to change my light distance, keeping it around 2 inches from the cfl's.

Is it too soon to see their individuals caracteristics? Because it seems i have one very sativa with her two long leaves :)
20170522_105850.jpg

Compared to my other
20170522_105845.jpg

I find it confusing with the coco it always seems moist. I have a good draining, the water goes right through when I pour it. Maybe it's normal? I try to not water them too much, once when germinating and twice in the 4 days sprouting. I'm just used to work with soil everywhere else :)

Have a good day!:Namaste:

Hi 420 :)

It's day 5 and they really liked their nutrient watering, starting to see their second set of leaves starting to show up :)

20170524_073206.jpg

20170524_073201.jpg

20170523_173728.jpg

Its week 2 of my timeline and they started showing their 3 fingered leafs. I kept watering every other day, alternating between plain and with nutrients.
420-magazine-mobile1867330715.jpg

This one is a beautiful green and larger indica like leafs. Smaller in size though.

420-magazine-mobile570759605.jpg

The other one is hungry for light, but a fainter green, I've notice the stem is kinda red/purplelish. Seem to be N defect from what I've read?
But I also tested the runout water and the pH was a little high, at 7,4. Maybe a lock out, I'll water them with low ph'ed water tomorrow or so. I'll keep up with the upload. :)

It's day 14 and I've kept up the schedule.
Feed them on day 12 and I move the lights a bit closer to stop the stretching.
Now it's barely above them, these lights don't get hot so air think it's for the best. They really kicked up since a couple of days, they are now growing their third row of pretty leafs. Probably moving the lights closer helped. I don't really bother with the humidifier for now, it's at a stable 45%. Letting the coco dry out really seems to help to, the more indica one is standing up much better.

Enjoy! :)

420-magazine-mobile1456639581.jpg

420-magazine-mobile396538153.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1669165420.jpg

The pictures seems to throw the proportions off regarding the light distance, they're about an inch from it.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom