Code Name Kingston: Bringing Back A Special Auto Strain

Interesting that they suggest much lower temps than I use. They suggest 71ish but I've had better success closer to 80.
They suggest 22°C for the soak water temp (71.6°F). Azi, you using 80 for water temp?

Hahaha, I don't know if she shops there! But I hope this is helpful.
Dang, wish I would have seen that before I tried to germinate these seeds. I may have soaked them for too long. Warm water with peroxide and fulvic may have made a big difference. Shoots.

If they sink for me before they show some leg, I always pour out some of the water so they're closer to O2 which they need as much as moisture. Some growers swear by hydrogen peroxide which serves two purposes. It adds oxygen to the water and helps kill off pathogens.

I only let them swim for about 48 hours if they haven't broken out before then. If they have, I plant them as soon as I see the white root which I plant facing down about 1/4" beneath the soil surface.

If they don't, I put them between sheets of paper towels in a half open plastic baggie to help keep the paper towels from drying out, but also giving access to oxygen, and then into a dark, warm place.
Hmm, makes me dream of a little germination flask on a temperature-controlled heating pad or hot plate (72° or 80°F) and tube going in with an air stone. Liquid in the flask would be a perfect blend of germination promoters.

So I'd say keep them in the dark at 80*F and moist to give them the best chance at germination.
In soil or on paper towel? Thanks.

I just threw a bunch of this years seeds, that have been sitting in the cold for about a week, into one of my worm bins just to see what happens - they usually do well.
I harvested a bunch of seeds and this was the scrap, chaff and whatever I missed - I'm sure there is some seeds in there.

I just threw a bunch of this years seeds, that have been sitting in the cold for about a week, into one of my worm bins just to see what happens - they usually do well.
I harvested a bunch of seeds and this was the scrap, chaff and whatever I missed - I'm sure there is some seeds in there.
Good idea... maybe I'll put some of 'em in little pots w/ straight worm bin soil. Or... Nice thing about the bin is nice and warm.

Sadly, I am losing interest in trying anything else with these seeds. They are still on the paper towels, and not doing anything. The 6 in the pots... that's the only hope left. It would be a minor miracle.

Sadly, I am losing interest in trying anything else with these seeds. They are still on the paper towels, and not doing anything. The 6 in the pots... that's the only hope left. It would be a minor miracle.
:(

My condolences.

Are they all the same strain? If so, 6 should be enough to get a male and a female and rejuvenate the line...
Yes they are regular seed, for an auto that my friend developed in Calif. years ago.

Still no indication any of the 6 will produce a plant. I will move them out to the greenhouse tomorrow, and get them under the bright and warm LED... just in case, but normally I would have already thrown them out. I'll leave them out there for a few days, then do a seed-topsy.

My friend may be able to get some fresh seed if any of his contacts in Calif. still might have some. We'll see.

The seed-topsy showed no life signs.

:rip:

My friend says he can maybe get some fresher seeds from friends in Cali.

The thread that won't die!

Back
Top Bottom