Code Name Kingston: Bringing Back A Special Auto Strain

Possible chance here! My friend found some more seeds... I am now soaking.

seeds1.jpg

seeds1.jpg
Yay!! Those look to be nice dark in color! Are they newer?
I hope you get some good action this time!

Yay!! Those look to be nice dark in color! Are they newer?
I hope you get some good action this time!
All I know is they are old. I'll know in a day or two if they are lively.

All I know is they are old. I'll know in a day or two if they are lively.
Ahh. Well, ok then.
Do you ever use any kind of organic seed starter or organic cloning booster for old seeds? (Or better just straight?)

Now tucked into wet paper towels. Some have cracked and show a tiny root tip... there is a chance!

Now tucked into wet paper towels. Some have cracked and show a tiny root tip... there is a chance!
"Go, girls, go! Go! Go! Go!"

And just curious, is this a CBD strain?

Do you ever use any kind of organic seed starter or organic cloning booster for old seeds? (Or better just straight?)
I don't know about those things. I have very little experience dealing with old seeds; however, I figure they are either alive or they aren't. ;)

And just curious, is this a CBD strain?
It's a cross of some different genetics, including a pure ruderalis, but I don't recall my friend saying it included a CBD strain (i.e. chemotype 3). Maybe there was a strain involved that had some CBD, but would fall into chemotype 2, which is mostly THC with some significant amount of CBD. A pure ruderalis could possibly have around 4% CBD. Anyway, my friend never had a cannabinoid test done on the buds.

I don't know about those things. I have very little experience dealing with old seeds; however, I figure they are either alive or they aren't. ;)
Hahaha, ¡sí!
I just got it because they said it works on old seeds, and I figured I would run into some of those at some point.
(Because if you can get a few of them going, then you can renew your seed stockpile without having to pay again....)

It's a cross of some different genetics, including a pure ruderalis, but I don't recall my friend saying it included a CBD strain (i.e. chemotype 3). Maybe there was a strain involved that had some CBD, but would fall into chemotype 2, which is mostly THC with some significant amount of CBD. A pure ruderalis could possibly have around 4% CBD. Anyway, my friend never had a cannabinoid test done on the buds.
Well I hope you can get them going! How are they doing now?

Plant them! That is how they grow in nature. Here is what mine look like just before they go into peat pucks:

2-3 days later they're up.
Yeah, I know! But I have planted ones like this in the past, and they don't come up. I actually did it with one from my other thread, but it still hasn't come up.

Is planting them all I can do at this point?

Raising the temp to 80º will help a lot.
OK, I could try planting them and keep in the dark cupboard, adding a couple hot water bottles.

some have cracked, but it doesn't look good. no tails developing. a few have visible root tips, but not developing tails. temp. in the cupboard is around 71°F.

1670017063199.png

does anyone know any magic I can do at this point?

@Azimuth @InTheShed @bluter @Bill284 @Phillybonker @Emilya Green @HappyHazmat88 @Tokin Roll @Cola Monster @StoneOtter
Do you ever use a little h2o2 in the water you soak them in.
I have good success with it.
Doesn't help now, sorry.
Shed has it. :thumb: :ciao:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

OK folks, giving it a shot. Thanks for the input.

How is it going @cbdhemp808

I have many seeds that age and older, and still germinate. It has been mentioned, storage is important. I keep mind in an extra refrigerator I have, in the vegetable drawer; but the question at hand is getting them to germinate.

You can scuff the surface of the seed with an emery board, match pack, even lightly with 200 grit sandpaper. Have you tried using slightly warm water, not hot? Temperature and moisture are the keys to get them to sprout.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Back
Top Bottom