COGrows 400W HPS - Soil - Blue Plant Nutrients

COG, they look great +reps for a great grow.

The areas that are wet on the leaves is probably from transpiration where the leaves are sitting on top of each other.
Thanks man, I appreciate it a lot. The top canopy looks great, even up close. The rest, from afar appears fine and dandy but I find so many areas with some weirdly deformed growth and a lot of hot spots with nutrient burn. Nothing progresses like a severe deficiency so I'm assuming it's a pH issue.

And speaking of pH, I watered with CalMag tonight and put in a pH of 9 this time and the pH dropped on both from 6 to 5.7 and 5.7 to 5.5 on the big and small respectively. Needless to say, I'm going to go out and get the lime and see if that will help balance me out. I hear it's not even good to use pH up and down when in soil or soilless, but I wasn't advised against it by anyone other than the guy at the hydro shop. Shoulda just got that earlier, I hate messing with pH. And I'm pretty sure last time I didn't wait long enough for it to adjust and ended up adding way too much. I had a little of the nutrient solution left over and after today it was pretty nasty in the bucket. Smelled nice and rotten...

And thanks for confirming the transpiration issue.
plants are looking nice and green bro, that big one gunna take all the room in the tent. lol
Yep! Haha, it definitely is. My little plant is square on one side from being shoved to the side! I definitely am babying the big one more.

I've also decided to, instead of lollipopping this grow, just do a 'second harvest' basically and chop the buds off as they are ready and allow the rest to mature.

Thanks for watching my first grow guys.

Alright, well... pH again.

Something must be wrong, I was always measuring just the first few ounces that came off and let the rest run off elsewhere without saving it. Well, I went in and measured the last half of the runoff from the small plant and it was right at 6.5.

I don't know what to do now. Which one is the accurate runoff for the plant? Did the first measurement just have more of a concentration of nutrients in it than the second half of the runoff? Should I just collect it all and measure that?

Buds are packing on nicely though and I hope they continue to! About 25-35 percent of the way through flower now.

Are your plants still showing any signs of stress on the leaves or def bro?? because they look healthy to me.

If not i'd not get to hung up on the PH thing because theres lots of stuff going on below with your roots, which will change your ph anyway. Most hydro growers experience these fluctuations sometimes daliy and its down to Cation-Exchange Capacity. CEC for short

So as long as your ph is going in at a acceptable value and your earlier problems have stopped don't worry to much.

Water your plants so you get about 10-15% run off every watering, it acts like a mini flush

Are your plants still showing any signs of stress on the leaves or def bro?? because they look healthy to me.

If not i'd not get to hung up on the PH thing because theres lots of stuff going on below with your roots, which will change your ph anyway. Most hydro growers experience these fluctuations sometimes daliy and its down to Cation-Exchange Capacity. CEC for short

So as long as your ph is going in at a acceptable value and your earlier problems have stopped don't worry to much.

Water you plants so you get about 10-15% run off every watering, it acts like a mini flush

Nothing is showing on the canopy, it looks almost perfect. But check the leaves below the canopy and it's a little different story. But, I've been trying to tell myself that it's nothing to worry about, every leaf can't be perfect. And now that I found out where the water on the leaves was coming from I know why I have holes and voids in some of the leaves.

So, I'd agree, they're doing pretty nice. Getting quite tall, though, so I hope I don't run out of room. I have about 16 more inches I can grow upwards, with the canopy filling out the tent width and length wise (nearly). I may just have to tie down one of the buds, I'm not sure.

Your plants are looking great COgrow! I wouldn't worry too much about the pH since your plants look so good. Sorry I haven't been by your grow in a while but I am having complications from Lasik surgery and it is a pain to stare at a computer screen right now :(

Under canopy damage is probably the earlier probs you had

16 inches left, how tall is she now??
That's what I was hoping. And, after measuring with a little more than my eyeball, the big one is about 28 inches tall, and I'd guess I could pull two tops to the side and be at about 25 inches. But yes, minus all the stuff for hanging my lights, I have exactly 16 inches of free space to move the lights up.

Gosh, I hope I don't have a problem with height! I was thinking they wouldn't be big enough until I saw how much they bushed out and then stretched into flower.
Your plants are looking great COgrow! I wouldn't worry too much about the pH since your plants look so good. Sorry I haven't been by your grow in a while but I am having complications from Lasik surgery and it is a pain to stare at a computer screen right now :(

Right on, thanks man. I think I'll just be putting in a 7.0 solution now that I have it about right AND the fact that I learned my promix already has the lime in it for stabilization. So, I'll just be putting it in neutral and will adjust if I get anything crazy for a runoff.

As far as not being around, don't worry man. Get better, I know how the eye issues play out on the computer screen, so no worries. I'm just glad you were there when I started, and now a few others have stepped in to offer advice while you're busy!

Thanks man, love the nutrients, I'm getting super results. Better than I even expected on my first grow.

Alright, well... I got a tray for runoff and a turkey baster and fed the big girl tonight. Boy, was that nicer than wrestling around with it like I was before. I got the pH balanced out moreso now, I watered with a pH of about 6.8 and it came out at about 7. I may have went a little overboard the last two times adjusting too quickly, but hopefully now I can keep it in line from the get go.

Otherwise, everything is looking great. I trimmed some of the lower growth off that was never going to make it, I decided against doing a second harvest. I feel like it would still just give me mature popcorn buds, but what do I know? I guess it also makes it easier on me when I water too, so that's a plus.

The buds are looking nice, nice, nice! Well, as nice as some hairs can look ;) Let's hope I don't have a height issue... I'm not sure how they tend to grow after the stretch is over, whether they keep growing for a while and then pack on weight or what. I'm going to tie them back a little tonight or tomorrow. The sooner the better I'm sure.

Still no smell yet, so no carbon filter. Wouldn't be the worst thing if I didn't need one, but I want them to have a pungent smell in the end of course. Anyways, here is a picture of one top that's receiving a lot of light. I thought I had a few more that looked decent, but they didn't turn out so I may edit this later with more.
IMG_1134_1_.JPG

If you compare this next picture with the one from this previous post: COGrows 400W HPS - Soil - Blue Plant Nutrients you will see how much more the big one has stretched in that time. It's not very good, hence why I didn't want to include it originally. I'll still see what I can take later, but this will do for a height comparison.
IMG_1136_1_.JPG

Looking good COgrow! Just read through you journal :) I am not using calmag, just plain RO water. I haven't had any signs of deficiencies the whole grow, some fans below my SCROG yellowed up when I got into flowering but I pulled everything off down there anyways. I'm also using FFOF, 3 part elite, liquid blue, 3 gallon pots, 400 HPS!!! Lol we have like identical grows other then training style, strain, and I'm using clones. +rep :)

Well, thank you for coming by! I started using calmag once I transplanted into Promix, and I may not have even needed it. It could have been yellowing since the light was for for 32 hours on them. Since then, nothings happened and I've reduced my calmag a little bit. 1/2 tsp per gallon.

But thanks again for coming by, I can't wait to see how they both turn out, and then next time I can start a scrog in time.

Alright, well here's a pic update. I had the plants out when I installed a phresh filter (carbon filter). Everything is going good, although I may see a slight deficiency coming on on the new growth of the larger plant. Starting to turn a lighter shade of green. I think I'll increase the CaMg to the full recommended amount. pH is was on the higher side of the recommended amount, 6.8 on the big one, 6.7 on the small one. So, I'm getting closer! I fed with pH 6.4 or so on both of them.

Other than that, I'm battling some dry leaves being hit by my fan. I need to get a new oscillating one, but I'm using what I got now, two small fixed fans. The carbon filter was more important at this time I guess..

Getting some nice trichome coverage, can't really tell in the pictures. I still think the HPS ones look better :)
IMG_1150_1_.JPG

IMG_1151_1_.JPG

IMG_1152_1_.JPG

What do you guys think? They're on day 23 of flower on a 6-9 week strain. Does it look like I'm on par with regular growth of a 6-9 week strain? If you can even tell me, that is...

I am outside so you live with the day. They say indica`s vent with the bigger leaves more pores underneth, and sativas are long and narrow. This is better for dryer climates but bigger leaves mean wasted energy and foods/juice for buds. It`s weird!! But bigger leaves mean more sun contact more energy to grow more "plant" in veg cycle so the more plant the more buds.Remember everything is growing in veg 90-95% of plant, but only 10% of plant is growing in flower (get it) Leaves control veg cycle but plant controls the flower cycle. I would just mantain what you got but if you could get down to 30-35% by lites off. This is low for average but if you have at 50% at lites on. And can lower to 30-35 by lite`s off. Outside over night cooling/condensation has humidity at the highest at dawn.(75-90%) So when you wake with your plants you will be back to 50 and it starts again. This will help the spiking/vast flux. and 45-50 is good but the temp like you lets you feel sticky or like sponge. 78-82* day/68-74 night. 45 to 50 lowest at lites off. to control flux. Cool and dry exspesialy at end of grow. If it`s hot and sticky plant cant/has harder time when flushed getting rid of nuit`s. Excpesially if ready to harvest, flush plant and dont waste time.Cooler and dry it is the shit. Warm and moist fungus, molds, spider mites and all else love it warm and moist. Sucks to spend x amount of bucks then wait 90-110 days with cure to have mold spore on a stick! Stay with it!! Abit ripped but my back is fine!! My best stuff is out door but do have small indoor grow box. This is for supporting habit and outside is for hot tubs and holiday cheer. I get to 35/40 all thru veg but it average`s bit below 50 with heat and 24 light. Then flower is when you want dryest at night, even inside in soil/med there`s some amount of condensation even with fans. Why are there only new mushrooms in the morning? DIRT NEVER SLEEPS!!

Wow...looks like I have showed up late for this grow.... your plants are looking really healthy!!! great job Cogrow, I'm subbed for this one :)

I am outside so you live with the day. They say indica`s vent with the bigger leaves more pores underneth, and sativas are long and narrow. This is better for dryer climates but bigger leaves mean wasted energy and foods/juice for buds. It`s weird!! But bigger leaves mean more sun contact more energy to grow more "plant" in veg cycle so the more plant the more buds.Remember everything is growing in veg 90-95% of plant, but only 10% of plant is growing in flower (get it) Leaves control veg cycle but plant controls the flower cycle. I would just mantain what you got but if you could get down to 30-35% by lites off. This is low for average but if you have at 50% at lites on. And can lower to 30-35 by lite`s off. Outside over night cooling/condensation has humidity at the highest at dawn.(75-90%) So when you wake with your plants you will be back to 50 and it starts again. This will help the spiking/vast flux. and 45-50 is good but the temp like you lets you feel sticky or like sponge. 78-82* day/68-74 night. 45 to 50 lowest at lites off. to control flux. Cool and dry exspesialy at end of grow. If it`s hot and sticky plant cant/has harder time when flushed getting rid of nuit`s. Excpesially if ready to harvest, flush plant and dont waste time.Cooler and dry it is the shit. Warm and moist fungus, molds, spider mites and all else love it warm and moist. Sucks to spend x amount of bucks then wait 90-110 days with cure to have mold spore on a stick! Stay with it!! Abit ripped but my back is fine!! My best stuff is out door but do have small indoor grow box. This is for supporting habit and outside is for hot tubs and holiday cheer. I get to 35/40 all thru veg but it average`s bit below 50 with heat and 24 light. Then flower is when you want dryest at night, even inside in soil/med there`s some amount of condensation even with fans. Why are there only new mushrooms in the morning? DIRT NEVER SLEEPS!!
Thanks, I appreciate the info. Especially the part about the leaves and how they vent, etc...

Welcome to the grow, hope you enjoy.
Wow...looks like I have showed up late for this grow.... your plants are looking really healthy!!! great job Cogrow, I'm subbed for this one :)
Not too late! You're just in time for the best part, haha. Welcome though, thanks for subscribing.

Alright, onto the update. I watered the big girl tonight with pH water+CaMg at 6.4-6.5. Came out at 6.7-6.8. Hopefully if I just keep it at 6.2-6.5 going in it will stabilize within the next week.

I have a picture of some leaves that have some funky stuff going on. Let me know what you think. I've got two pictures of the same group so you can get a better idea of what they actually look like.
IMG_1161_1_.JPG

IMG_1159_1_.JPG

Ah, that would make sense. I just had read that many people put the plants in a day or so of darkness to transition to flowering. Does this make any sense to you guys?

Hey brotha, Just went through your whole journal. Glad to see your getting the help that you need. Or at least enough for the time being...

Corey, I got it from here, rest your eyes brotha.

OK, I too did the 36 hour blackout for my very first plant, all cus I read that as well... I didn't see much need for it on the next grow I did indoors, so I didn't do it, and using BPN, the flowers will show rapidly, which I'm sure you have now seen seeing as how your well into your flowering stage...

What day are you at right now?

Yellowing of the new growth is always normal, all new growth will show yellowing and go green, not sure if the black out does anything to that as well... But I know that newest growth will come out slightly Lime green or yellowish looking...

I will be adding your journal to the BPN Army Blog tonight...

:peacetwo:

Hey brotha, Just went through your whole journal. Glad to see your getting the help that you need. Or at least enough for the time being...

Corey, I got it from here, rest your eyes brotha.

OK, I too did the 36 hour blackout for my very first plant, all cus I read that as well... I didn't see much need for it on the next grow I did indoors, so I didn't do it, and using BPN, the flowers will show rapidly, which I'm sure you have now seen seeing as how your well into your flowering stage...

What day are you at right now?

Yellowing of the new growth is always normal, all new growth will show yellowing and go green, not sure if the black out does anything to that as well... But I know that newest growth will come out slightly Lime green or yellowish looking...

I will be adding your journal to the BPN Army Blog tonight...

:peacetwo:

Hey Aston, I really appreciate you stopping by (and adding me to the blog page!). Yeah, I don't know why I did the 36-hour thing, I already had preflowers on some. Needless to say, I won't be doing it again (like a lot of things from this grow!).

Loving the results I'm getting on my first grow, but after more research into chemical vs. organic nutrients in soil I want to try BPN's organic line. Maybe I can get a hempy grow going using something bigger than a 2L to keep my plant count down, use the 3part for that, and then get the organic line for soil. I'm not sure, I've got a lot in mind for my next grow. Other than that, I'd love to try some sort of super soil. I had some friends get great results with their homemade super soil.

But anyways, right now I'm on day 31. Hopefully they start fattening up more. I'm seeing a bit of nute burn on my big girl. She has a runoff pH of about 7, so something isn't right. I've been putting in nutrients and water at about 6.2 or 6.3, but runoff has been steadily climbing each time by .1. I see a bit of spotting and a little more burning at the tips than usual. Needless to say, I'm not going to up my liquid blue for another feeding or two. Most likely was caused by me adjusting my pH too quickly, not letting it stabilize over a few weeks.

The small girl is doing great, she seems to be a little more smelly than the big girl. Her pH is perfect at 6.5 coming out, so no complains. Just can't wait to test em out!

I love having BPN though, it takes a lot of guesswork out of it. As long as I maintain my pH, the nutrients, plant, water, soil and light do the rest for me. I don't have to guess nutrient strength or anything, it's already formulated for MJ. And once Corey got that through to me I've been religiously watching my pH. I hated it at first, but now I've got it down to a science and can almost add the exact amount to get my pH into an acceptable range.

Cheers, thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed my blabbering!

Back
Top Bottom