Cola Count On Topped Plants Versus using LST

I started growing indoors in 2016, 2018 I pretty much stopped lst. Now I just top and let them go. My yields actually went up after I stopped torturing them.
Oh man, very good to hear as I just made that decision tonight. I am flipping fro 24 hour to 12/12 tomorrow as they have reached my desired height today. I am doing my dark 12 hours during the day time here as it is getting cold in NC and my grow room is suffering. Is here an issue shifting the schedule if I need later once they start to flower? Thanks for your time friend!

You should get more than 5 colas per plant if you just tossed a seed into a pot and walked away for 3 months.

I usually grow 2 plants at a time in a
2x5x9 space.
I have never topped a plant, I always just LST.
I use coconut water and sprouted seed tea of corn to help with achieving tight nodes.
I usually get between 25 to 36 colas per plant with 8 weeks veg.

20160917_101920.jpg
20170214_113827.jpg
20170329_085822.jpg
20190506_224106.jpg
20190604_193339.jpg
20190709_122559.jpg
Is that setup in a bathtub? Genius!

I'm curious, the OPs plants are like a foot tall. Why are we worrying about height issues?

Has this strain been run before and is known to streatch like x3 or something??

Topping reduces yields by slowing down the growing process. You top a plant several times you will end up with a very short bushy plant. GL with that. They are a pita to manage down the stretch.

I'm curious, the OPs plants are like a foot tall. Why are we worrying about height issues?

Has this strain been run before and is known to streatch like x3 or something??

Topping reduces yields by slowing down the growing process. You top a plant several times you will end up with a very short bushy plant. GL with that. They are a pita to manage down the stretch.
Thanks Bobrown, but I have limited grow height in homemade box, so my plants need to be about 18" in Veg and 18" or so in Flower to leave me 18" clearance from the lights per manufacturer in the amount of space I have, so I'm trying to get a high bud yield from short bushy plants is all!

Set the lights so you can water and tend to them at a decent hour.
Thanks Pennywise, I changed my light schedule based on your advise, plus I read where Flowering likes it cooler so I am going with 12 hours dark starting at 9.00 at night to 9.00 in the a.m! Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom