Colchicine THC Content Jump

OTCGP

The following is an excerpt from a geocities website which lowers the credibility of this idea from the start, BUT for some reason the possibility of it working still intrigues me and I was wondering if there were any Mary Jane chemists out there who could support or denounce the claim made below (Read it all to understand the process):

TO INCREASE THE GOOD STUFF

There are several tricks to increase the number of females, or the THC content of plants: You can make the plants mature in 36 days if you are in a hurry, by cutting back on the light to about 14 hours, but the plants will not be as big. You should gradually shorten the light cycle until you reach fourteen hours. You can stop any watering as the plants begin to bake the resin rise to the flowers. This will increase the resin a bit. You can use a sunlamp on the plants as they begin to develop flower stalks. You can snip off the flower, right at the spot where it joins the plant, and a new flower will form in a couple of weeks. This can be repeated two or three times to get several times more flowers than usual.

If the plants are sprayed with Ethrel early in their growing stage, they will produce almost all female plants. This usually speeds up the flowering also, it may happen in as little as two weeks. You can employ a growth changer called colchicine. This is a bit hard to get and expensive. (Should be ordered through a lab of some sort and costs about $35 a gram.) To use the colchicine, you should prepare your presoaking solution of distilled water with about 0.10 per cent colchicine. This will cause many of the seeds to die and not germinate, but the ones that do come up will be polyploid plants. This is the accepted difference between such strains as "gold" and normal grass, and yours will DEFINITELY be superweed. The problem here is that colchicine is a poison in larger quantities and may be poisonous in the first generation of plants. Bill Frake, author of CONNOISSEUR'S HANDBOOK OF MARIJUANA runs a very complete colchicine treatment down and warns against smoking the first generation plants (all succeeding generations will also be polyploid) because of this poisonous quality. However, the Medical Index shows colchicine being given in very small quantities to people for treatment if various ailments. Although these quantities are small, they would appear to be larger than any you could receive form smoking a seed-treated plant. It would be a good idea to buy a copy of CONNOISSEUR'S, if you are planning to attempt this, and read Mr. Drake's complete instructions. Another still-experimental process to increase the resin it to pinch off the leaf tips as soon as they appear from the time the plant is in the seedling stage on through its entire life-span. This produces a distorted, wrecked-looking plant which would be very difficult to recognize as marijuana. Of course, there is less substance to this plant, but such wrecked creatures have been known to produce so much resin that it crystallizes a strong hash all over the surface of the plant - might be wise to try it on a plant or two and see what happens.

I mean adding a poison to your plant just sounds like a stupid move lol. But for some reason it seems more logical than adding milk or some stupid shit like that...so what do you all think about this method and do you think it has merit and is worth trying???

Does anyone think that this method of growing has merit or value to it? Would it be worth trying or be a waste of money, time, and weed?

I noted several mistakes in the 1st part of your post ("cutting the light back to 14 hrs" and using a sunlamp, among others).
I think spraying your plants with something that makes them poisonous is nutso.

IMO using gout meds to produce polyploids is a hazard not worth the slight possibility of it working. I've had my times where I was dieing for a Jay but there has never been a time when I died due to a jay. I don't want to see those times either. When working with poisons it's only a matter of time until a mistake or accident happens.

What are polyploid plants?

Polyploid means a double set of chromosomes.

Back
Top Bottom