Cold air intake tent venting

Should I vent to my cold air intake ? The left furnace is upstairs, and the right is down. I am thinking of attaching a coupling onto the taped up area on the left furnace. I plan on putting my tent in front of the furnaces so the vent would be a short run to the duct.

Attachments

• 41O2sUDiQkL.jpg
    41O2sUDiQkL.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 66
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-08-13 at 6.39.11 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-13 at 6.39.11 PM.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 58
So you want to hook the outflow of your tent to the cold air intake of your furnace? Am I understanding that correctly?

Taking odor out of the picture, the only worry I would have would be moisture. You definitely don't want to create an environment for mold/bacteria to thrive in your HVAC. I've had an encounter with black mold in the HVAC once, and I'll never be in that situation again.

So you want to hook the outflow of your tent to the cold air intake of your furnace? Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes, that's correct.

So, sounds like it's not really the thing to do and to just let it vent in the furnace room....filtered of course.

It really depends on how well humidity is controlled, but considering an average of 55% RH, that's a tick much to push into the HVAC, IMO.

Where are you drawing your intake from? Would it end up being the same room your venting the exhaust?

I'm setting up a new space myself, and it will be in my basement in an unfinished side. I will intake from that side/room, which maintains a pretty steady, and decent temp year round, then my exhaust will be into my workshop on the finished side. It won't be noticeable, nobody is ever down there anyway, and even if there were it would only be us anyway. With a ceiling fan running, it should disperse the exhaust pretty good, and mix in with the air that is a lower RH. If need be I'll put a small dehumidifier in there and call it good.

I could also run an exhaust to the outside through a new vent. Not hard to install, but my only real concern with that is if the carbon filter fails. If the house smells a tick, I can work with that. But even though my grow is legal, I still don't want to advertise that I have one. Much like most everyone else here. :D

Where are you drawing your intake from? Would it end up being the same room your venting the exhaust?
It would be from a 3.5 x 3.5 tent. 6 inch ac infinity fan with filter.

If the house smells a tick, I can work with that. But even though my grow is legal, I still don't want to advertise that I have one. Much like most everyone else here. :D
This ^

The whole furnace ducting is right there....is there another possibility?

I am Canadian, so its a brisk Winter with the furnace running more often in the Winter. My RH is usually low in Winter if I recall. Certainly higher in Summer. I dont think that ventilation fan will be running much at all, if only to refresh the air every so often.

Does anyone know if it's ok to use a 4 inch filter for the ac infinity 6 inch fan. I'm reading the 6 inch filters require 400cfm. The ac infinity 6 inch moves 352 cfm so thinking of using the smaller filter. If so, does the 4 inch fit on the opening like it's supposed to? Does it overlap or butt up?

Back
Top Bottom