Colesdad Tries Again - LED - GGG Baby Freedom - Ideal420 Soil - 12/12 From Seed

Reason #675 to hate brain tumors...
Seizures sometimes make you clench your jaw. Time to pull another broken tooth. Fuck you tumor!

Girls are great.
Front, Nebula. Left rear, Eva.
CAM01640.jpg

Another leaf on Eva has lighter colors. And it looks like there is going to be two additional leaves that will be the same.
New one
CAM01637.jpg

Together
CAM01638.jpg

If she continues this trend I may enter her in POTM based on the "coolness" factor

That's very cool. I wonder if you're bud will be striped too.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

You know, it seems to me that watching our plant go from seed to harvest is a beautiful thing watch. Nebula is drinking like crazy and Eva is starting too. She gets thicker and stickier everyday.
CAM016461.jpg

Eva is great, super tall. She is 6 weeks old, and the 12/12 from seed is showing a healthy plant. She is working on 2 more leaves with the spilt color. I'm wanting to take clone, because of just the color being so uniform. I'm thinking the finished bud will be striped also. I'll need to decide by next weekend. Definitely in flower stage.

CAM016491.jpg

If you want to clone her, I'd do it soon. Let me know if you want the 3 step dummy proof way to have them root. She'll root quick but will need some time to move back into veg and start growing. You'll need a single CFL and some time.

That Nebula looks awesome! Are you still feeding her? What do you figure she has left? How high is your light above the tops? What are your temps and RH? Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but, she's beautiful and I "need to know how". Lol.

Good job!

If you want to clone her, I'd do it soon. Let me know if you want the 3 step dummy proof way to have them root. She'll root quick but will need some time to move back into veg and start growing. You'll need a single CFL and some time.

That Nebula looks awesome! Are you still feeding her? What do you figure she has left? How high is your light above the tops? What are your temps and RH? Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but, she's beautiful and I "need to know how". Lol.

Good job!
I definitely need the 3 step program. She is 46 days, Herbies says 65 days. 3 weeks sounds about right to me. Still mostly clear trics, not many even cloudy. Which is awesome because she is getting fat and heavy. The pipe cleaners aren't pulling on her anymore, her own weight is doing a good job of standing upright on its own. If I could have transplanted into a 5 gallon or higher, she would have flourished under a scrog. I only gave water today, I figure I will still feed-feed-water for another 2 weeks and then start flushing. I've only flushed her once with a good 3 gallons of water once and that was a few weeks after flip. I think the roots soil is making this grow a lot more maintenence free. Humidity stays high, around 70% during lights out, and temps get as high as 81F. Eva is loving this environment and Nebula is too. I may have to work on the humidity, but once Eva starts drinking more I think it will lower. I never adjust ph for regular watering, ever. I only have to raise ph when feeding, I'm glad it works that way, I think it less stressful to have low ph to start with.
Congrats on your harvest. You closed the journal, but feel free to update us on your CBD plant here. Critical Cure is my next seed. If I clone Eva, I'm going to use one of the branches that has the two-toned leaves, they look cool. Im hoping to run my CC with a clone Eva at the same time. Nebula and the current Eva will supply me with enough meds to be able to work my grow for another 4 months. I figure i may get enough oil and some left over dry flower to last me a while.

I second that, Cloning for Dummies, I've got my note pad ready!
Grabbed a filter and flange, 5 gallon fabric pot and a couple of drain pans. Not bad for $69.
Nebula
CAM016601.jpg

Cloning isn't real difficult. It can be much easier if you just pay attention to a couple things.

First.. The lower you take your cutting, the easier it will root.
Second.. You don't want intense light. I use a CFL and keep my clone 18" away or so.
Third.. Keep them moist. Not wet, you want her to work a little.
Fourth.. If you can, use a medium with no nutrients and give them none until you see roots.
Fifth... Keep her warm. My seedling area is between 85 and 90.

I use coco for cloning. I've used soil the exact same way but it takes a bit longer and it's tough to keep the stem "packed in". Rock wool works too, peat pellets, etc.. It's all good. I have to use domes because my RH is so low. I reccomend them for a start. If you have higher RH, you won't need to mist them as much.

Here is my basic setup. I put the dome just for the pic. This lady is just waiting for a transplant. These are the two lowest shoots off a CBD plant.

image11081.jpeg
image11080.jpeg
image11079.jpeg

They rooted in about 2 weeks. I cloned the tops of of 2 GDP plants. They rooted in about 3 weeks. I dropped them in a cup of soil and they are just hanging out. I'll probably flower them in October. You can see the 2 CBD girls were a small way into flower. They were cloned and are under 18-6.

Cut low, keep it alive, and it will root. Not too sure about gels and powders. I don't use them.

Good luck!

:bravo:
I've decided not to try to clone Eva. Many reasons why, basically, I don't have enough room and am anxious to start a Critical Cure I got from a friend.
Hopefully I will be trying to clone the CC in the future!

Quick update. I HAD to tie Nebula down more. The inside bud sites are way overcrowded, they are fighting for space to grow and some are as long as 4 inches high. I didn't cut anything, just tied, so she should continue her thing uninterrupted. So sticky! Eva got her first dose of flowering nutes, and was saturated for the first time. She is super tall and growing like crazy. She is even with the led, so she will soon out grow her led source. She still has her cfls though. Nebula is 11 days from her harvest window, so this will probably be her last feeding.
Full shot, Eva is very crowded, pushed back to the far left
CAM01667.jpg
CAM01668.jpg

I put the filter at the end of the exhaust duct. It is too crowded inside the tent. The temp is 5 degrees higher with the filter, but the smell is completely gone!

Nebula is 80% cloudy, 20% amber! Nice and fat, super sticky, super smelly. I love it! She will be coming down this weekend, or sooner if I have a chance. I've cut all the fan leaves, they were ugly and I was getting a head start. She is 54 days in flower
CAM017281.jpg
CAM01731.jpg
CAM01736.jpg

Eva is 49 days going straight 12/12 from seed. This girl is crazy tall and showing no signs of stopping. Her two-toned leaf pattern continues. I will for sure have normal green buds, lime green buds and the main colas will probably be two different colors. Awesome!
CAM017201.jpg
CAM017221.jpg
CAM01725.jpg

Gorgeous! Go back and look at your last few pictures of Nebs. She is still growing! I wouldn't cut her for at least two more weeks. I know, I know... The trichomes don't lie right? Is she still drinking? If you want to take her soon, I'd give her a good flush of water and a week. What I think would work better is just giving her straight water for a couple of weeks. That plant hasn't shown any sign of coming to the end of its life. She is beautiful!! Good job sir!

Back
Top Bottom