Containers
2gal bucket
Grow Medium
Soil - Dr. Earth 'Pot of Gold' Organic Potting Mix, Perlite, Sphagnum Peat Moss
Lighting
8, 23watt CFL(5k & 27K)
# of Plants
4, multiple bags

Is it acceptable to remove your plant from the SCROG when watering? I currently have only 1 of my plants actually weaving its way across the SCROG canopy and although I am early in my SCROG this has been extremely difficult. And when I start to tie parts of the plant it will be near impossible to remove the runoff water.

Can anyone enlighten me with some methods of collecting and removing my runoff water while using SCROG? Thanks in advance for any and all advice and apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere on these forums. If so a link would be greatly appreciated!

Yes after doing some more investigating I am clearly seeing that my shop-vacs new home is going to be my grow room. And after some consideration I think I have a plan.

Individual plant trays, from my local gardening store, will be placed under each plant. I will also be cutting 1/4" PVC into 1/4" long segments and placing them under the buckets(4 per bucket) to raise them slightly off their runoff trays for easy shop-vac removal. I would prefer a raised platform where the trays can be removed completely, but for now I think this plan of action is the most cost/time effective. Thanks again for the advice.

I usually let mine just evaporate in the drip trays, but my pots are elevated so they don't sit in the water. I was trying to come up with a similar solution but haven't really figured one out...shop vac sounds like a great idea.... I was thinking like a turkey baster or a automotive fluid evacuation pump.

All great ideas. For my closet grow setup drainage seems to be the most difficult to figure. I like the large tray idea but that would make it impossible to test run-off of individual plants which I try and do once a week or so. Looking, as always, to keep it simple, I think a Turkey Baster is another great idea. For now at least the problem is under control. I will however always be looking to improve on this.

Thanks to all for the great advice! Several methods I will be testing out over my next couple grows. Only way to know what will work best is to try it out!

:thanks:

I like the saucer idea! After alot of messing around with run off numbers, I feel that the only reliable way to measure is to collect a small sample from the water as it runs out of the pot in a clean receptacle. Saucer would be easier that lifting the pots over a soup bowl 1 at a time. Surely the salts from previous feeds collected in the tray will give a false reading. ec runoff measurements dropped by 15% when compared with a sample from the tray in the same feeding.

I like the saucer idea! After alot of messing around with run off numbers, I feel that the only reliable way to measure is to collect a small sample from the water as it runs out of the pot in a clean receptacle. Saucer would be easier that lifting the pots over a soup bowl 1 at a time. Surely the salts from previous feeds collected in the tray will give a false reading. ec runoff measurements dropped by 15% when compared with a sample from the tray in the same feeding.

for this i would probably PH some water to neutral and use my pump sprayer to sray clean the saucers and tray the day before you do the watering. cleaning is just a normal part of growing, but im slack i only clean i dont sterilise.

Cat boxes with drain holes ......................

Drain_Hole.jpg

Big_Baby.JPG

The drain holes connect to rubber hoses ...... which carry the water away and down the drain. If you don't have a floor drain you can collect it in a pan or bucket.

what is a shopvac guys, is that like a water 'henry'?

Yes, I believe we are talking about the same thing. Just a small vacuum with a hose that is capable of sucking up just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom