Colloidal Silver Recommendations

startergrow

I am looking in to making some feminized seeds and am sourcing the colloidal silver. I’ve read some bad reviews regarding the actual concentration of silver in some bought online. It needs to be at least 30ppm, or higher and I can dilute.

I've found a few available here in Canada.

Natural Path Silver Wings at 500ppm or 250ppm. (Seems a little hard to believe)

Trace Minerals Research at 30ppm at about twice the cost per oz of the other.

Can anyone make some brand recommendations?

Also, how many ounces will I need to do a few plants?

Thanks

Good question. Welcome to the site. Sorry your post floated to the bottom without a reply. Let's get it back to the top and get more eyes on it.

Another avenue would be to check in the Alberta's growers lounge. Bunch of canucks in there. ;) let me grab that link.

Here it is...

Thanks guys. I'll look to the Alberta site for some Canada details. Great that it's legal across the whole country. I'm in Ontario by the way, but big fan of the West.

I'm not sure if I have any silver but I'll take a look around.

How do I tell if I have a good enough concentration?

Will The ppm meter I use for nutrients work

Yes it will work but basically it seems to me that the DIY colloidal silver reaches maximum strength after about a day or two. I’ve kept it running but the ppm never rose after a certain point. I can’t remember what that was. Somewhere between 30 and 60 ppm.
So just let it run for a while and it should work. Check my link and you’ll see what to watch out for. Pretty sure you can buy a silver coin at the post office cheaper than buying colloidal silver online and then you’ll have a lifetime supply. But I don’t know- I just use jewelry or whatever is laying around

From what I understand most of the colloidal silver you buy online is not necessarily what it is advertised as. It actually takes some special equipment and process to make true colloidal silver. But regardless, the DIY stuff works as well as any other CS.

I find that STS works quite a lot better than colloidal silver

I have a lot of those old adapters so I think I'll give it a go. I'm thinking low voltage so I don't electrocute myself.

I've dug up so old silver jewelry I can use.

Good tutorial by the way.

Running Weasal's colloidal silver method using a couple of old rings. Definitely is working as described. It ran overnight and I burn out the adapter so I attached another. Checked the ppm (which has some reports of not being accurate due to the silver) and got 20ppm so running it longer.

So far so good. I'll find out out if I had the right metal and concentration once I'm done and tried it out on a plant.

Re-posted Weasal's tutorial below. Thanks to him.

Weasel Forges Ahead

Here's some pics

cs01 - Copy.jpg
cs02 - Copy.jpg

The next trick is to get the stuff to work. I’ve always had it produce pods for me but sometimes those pods don’t seem to produce pollen. Sometimes I got seeds and sometimes nothing.
I’m pretty sure that the CS effect just doesn’t last very long and the secret is to spray often and keep spraying -at least until the pods are opening, if not longer.

I'm going to try on some clones soon. I'm home all the time with this lockdown so should be able to spray them regularly.

Worth a try if I can get some pollen from them and then make some seeds.

Still running the wires. Still bubbles the ppms should be going up.

Looking in to the STS. I need to find a place in Canada for the chemicals.

You're in Ontario so contact AlphaChem.ca in Mississauga. That's where I ordered 500g of sodium thio anhydrous from. It was only $22 but Purolator charged my $69 to get it to me in northern Alberta. I think they sell silver nitrate too but I just made my own from a .9999 silver coin from the post office. 8g coin got me 12g of the silver nitrate.

AgNO303.jpg

STS.JPG

:peace:

Mississauga is nearby so I'll contact them. Hopefully cheaper shipping.

That's a great picture making the silver nitrate. A real science experiment.

That stuff is easy-peasy if you have the stuff. Try buying lab grade conc nitric acid without cred. I scored mine 30 years ago working as a chem tech in a hazardous waste disposal plant. Just a pint sized bottle but you don't need much for things like making some AgNO3. It's really watched and regulated as it's the main ingredient in many high explosives.

It only took about 20mls to cook that coin so I can make a lot more silver nitrate but how much do I need? I wonder if it's legal to sell the packets I've sent to a few. Enough of both chems to make 10L of STS with 2 pages of instructions tho I'm not sure about timing to spray. They have to get a couple of 500ml bottles for each part. Preferably glass and preferably brown or cobalt blue tho if kept in a really dark place clear would do.

I hate the idea of destroying these works of collectible art to make a basic mineral salt so if I were to go commercial I'd have to find a source of raw .9999 silver. This 8g coin got me 12g of AgNO3 which is 15 doses for the 10L batches. 500g of the sodium thio is 158 doses so need lots more silver!

CaribouCoinForSilverNitrate01.jpg

:peace:

I am looking in to making some feminized seeds and am sourcing the colloidal silver. I’ve read some bad reviews regarding the actual concentration of silver in some bought online. It needs to be at least 30ppm, or higher and I can dilute.

I've found a few available here in Canada.

Natural Path Silver Wings at 500ppm or 250ppm. (Seems a little hard to believe)

Trace Minerals Research at 30ppm at about twice the cost per oz of the other.

Can anyone make some brand recommendations?

Also, how many ounces will I need to do a few plants?

Thanks
Go here silverpuppy.com it tells you all about colloidal silver, how to male and where to purchase

Back
Top Bottom