Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

I started two new strains in hempy solo cups, my much preferred method of seed germination. I planted both seeds on Monday night. This morning I woke to find the @SeedsMan Original Skunk #1 seed not only sprouted but she had already displaced her helmet and was ready to start growing. You gotta love Seedsman seeds :love: I'm trying to figure out if there is something funky going on with the first set of permanent leaves. I guess I'll have to wait till she stands upright and see what's going on there.

The second seed I planted in my hempy solo cup is a Purple Animal Kush from In House Genetics. She pushed through the surface late this afternoon with her helmet off but her sheath was fully in tact. I got out my fly tying visor and carefully sliced it off of her. Hope to see some green in the near future.

You gotta love Seedsman seeds :love:

Their JH and is definitely one of my top ten strains.
I have one at 4 weeks veg now. I'm going to try to reverse her and also pollinate a Skywalker OG at 1 week veg.
I'm thinking "Sky Jack"

My Purple Animal Kush seedling seems to be doing better after it's surgery this morning. I just didn't see that it was going to be able to remove the sheath on it's own. I misted it with water about a dozen times over a 2 hour period but it wasn't budging. So I got out my fly tying visor and surgically removed it with no harm to the seedling. Starting to get a little green now which is a good sign.

And in the flowering tent the Jellium plant continues to look impressive. Definitely not a big producer, and for sure a pain in the butt because of her height, but if the buds are as good as they look I'll have to consider reversing this for seeds. I think growing from seed I could better train this strain to keep it shorter and bushier as opposed to gangly and tall.

here you go beez, a SDAxH finally sprouted yesterday outdoor at 9 days. The full moon pulled her out.
here she is today basking in the sun.

here you go beez, a SDAxH finally sprouted yesterday outdoor at 9 days. The full moon pulled her out.
here she is today basking in the sun.

Kind of late in the season for a photo plant to start LOL But I'm glad you dropped one. At least now I know they're viable seeds. And that's SDHA X GG#4 correct?

One of my auto flower crosses has finally started to take off a little. After it put out the first set of permanent leaves it seemed to go dormant. But as we know she was doing her work beneath the surface. This is the Canuk Quarter Pounder auto X Dark Devil auto.
There is where she paused for about 4-5 days

Here she is today.

Kind of late in the season for a photo plant to start LOL But I'm glad you dropped one. At least now I know they're viable seeds. And that's SDHA X GG#4 correct?

I figure its a little late also, but the Auto in it should make it a fast finish strain.
I'll try to keep her alive in the shed by the window if the weather turns bad before she finishes.
Yes beez, SDHA x GG. I was to high smoking the Sensi NL, I like it a lot, almost a caramel taste.

I am just reversing my first plant - also an auto - and anxiously awaiting the arrival of "floral testicles." LOL. :)
@The Bard So how is this working for you? Do you have boy parts yet? What strain are you reversing?

but the Auto in it should make it a fast finish strain.
I'll try to keep her alive in the shed by the window if the weather turns bad before she finishes.
Do you have other outdoor plants currently? Have they started flowering yet? If not it's got to be getting close isn't it? I'm out of touch with that as I have no outdoor plants. I believe in another week or two the days start getting shorter. So she might get 3-4" tall and start stretching. Definitely don't top her.

@The Bard So how is this working for you? Do you have boy parts yet? What strain are you reversing?

Hey Beez,

Alas, my first attempt at reversing was a failure. :(

I definitely can't blame the STS treatment however. The failure was totally my fault - I changed too many variables at one time, and screwed up the grow completely. I was trying to "squeeze in" a quick run of autos, in between my first grow finishing up, and the new chem comparison grow starting. So I had to rig up a temporary tent (poor temp and humidity controls). And I thought I would try Hempy, just for the education. Needless to say, between the DDA that started to throw pistils on Day 18, and the Super Skunk Auto, which did not like the environment - can't blame her - it was a bust.

I will try reversing again with the grow I have just started. Fingers-crossed this will go better: back in coco, photoperiod seeds, in the regular tent with much better environment. That will give me much better control to do the STS treatment on one branch a few days before flip, versus when the plants decide they want to flower. :)

Since I never treated the DDA with STS, I decided to finish her up, poor stunted girl that she is. Yield will be miniscule, but fun to see a purple plant finish.

Thanks for asking - all I have to share is all the mistakes I made on that grow. Clean slate now, and moving on.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

I got my lawn cut last night and it was under 85 degrees so it's a heck of a good weekend here! :)

I'm getting ready to try my hand at reversing a Candida CD-1 plant starting it looks like in about another week. It's all about timing I'm finding. The Candida is pretty much at the size I want her (smaller) for reversing. I have nowhere to flower her right now so she has to wait till a spot opens up in my flowering tent. When I see that spot will open up in about a week I'll start brushing the colloidal silver onto the Candida plant with her still in the veg homemade box. Then when I harvest a plant from the flowering tent she'll move right in to that spot. Then it's two treatments a day (lights on and lights off) till hopefully I'll see boy parts show up.

SOO you're going to try reversing your Chem plant?

I got my lawn cut last night and it was under 85 degrees so it's a heck of a good weekend here! :)

I'm getting ready to try my hand at reversing a Candida CD-1 plant starting it looks like in about another week. It's all about timing I'm finding. The Candida is pretty much at the size I want her (smaller) for reversing. I have nowhere to flower her right now so she has to wait till a spot opens up in my flowering tent. When I see that spot will open up in about a week I'll start brushing the colloidal silver onto the Candida plant with her still in the veg homemade box. Then when I harvest a plant from the flowering tent she'll move right in to that spot. Then it's two treatments a day (lights on and lights off) till hopefully I'll see boy parts show up.

SOO you're going to try reversing your Chem plant?

Nice! My lawn is crunchy and brown from lack of rain. At least it doesn't need cutting. LOL.

Sounds like a good plan on the Candida. I haven't finalized what I'll be doing with this new grow yet. Seeds just put out tap roots yesterday, so still lots of time to decide. I have two types of chems going (Chem 91 S1 and Dinachem), The Doctor, and a Northern Lights. There are so many folks that rave about Chems that I will at minimum take a cutting or two from them. And/or if I like the looks of one or more of the plants, I'll probably try reversing a branch, just to see if I can get it to work. A Chem x NL or a NL x Doctor might make for interesting offspring. I'll be back to brainstorm with you, if that is ok, when they are bit further along.

Now, sit back and admire that beautifully manicured lawn. :)

Don't spend time reversing your NL plant. I have literally hundreds of Sensi Seeds S1 Northern Lights seeds. And I also pollinated my Harlequin plant with pollen from the Sensi NL plant I reversed. The NL X Harlequin are darn good medicine and I probably have 100+ seeds of that cross left easy.

Just as an FYI.....whenever you're growing a plant to reverse and you're wanting to cross it with another plant, start the second plant about 10 days to 2 weeks after the plant you will be reversing. That way when the reversed plant is finally producing pollen the second plant is coming into it's flowering ripest point meaning when it has the most long, healthy pistils and is prime for pollinating.

Don't spend time reversing your NL plant. I have literally hundreds of Sensi Seeds S1 Northern Lights seeds. And I also pollinated my Harlequin plant with pollen from the Sensi NL plant I reversed. The NL X Harlequin are darn good medicine and I probably have 100+ seeds of that cross left easy.

Just as an FYI.....whenever you're growing a plant to reverse and you're wanting to cross it with another plant, start the second plant about 10 days to 2 weeks after the plant you will be reversing. That way when the reversed plant is finally producing pollen the second plant is coming into it's flowering ripest point meaning when it has the most long, healthy pistils and is prime for pollinating.

Thanks Beez! That NLxHar sounds awesome. Nice cross, good meds I bet.

Yes, of course, you shared the nuances of timing earlier in this journal, and so I appreciate the reminder - it had slipped my mind. Would that mean two growing areas? One for the plants to chug along at 18/6, and another area for the reversed plant running 12/12 to get the pollen going? I am actually contemplating a second tent, so it wouldn't be a problem. Just thinking it through.

I'm thinking how to say this. If you have success reversing whichever plant you decide to try reversing where would you plan on keeping it and flowering it? If you keep her in your flowering tent with all your other plants it is a certainty that your other plants will have some degree of seeds from being pollinated by your reversed plant. The degree has a lot to do with how much pollen the plant produces and how strong the air movement is inside your flowering tent.

I keep the plant I am reversing smaller in size and do this for a couple reasons. First, I have to take it out of the tent twice a day to brush on the colloidal silver. And I don't need to be moving some big ole plant. Second, I keep my reversed plant in a 2' x 2' x 4' small flowering tent away from her sisters. I'll hand pollinate a good bit of the reversed plant. I will collect pollen and immediately pollinate any other females I'm wanting to cross with her. Once the pollinating is done I'll wait a week and cut off the reversed branch, spray down the whole reversed plant with water, and then finish flowering her out.

Back
Top Bottom