Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

This plant is It's It Punch. Her genetics are Sunset Sherbet X Purple Punch. This is proving to be a challenging plant. No matter how many times I bend her four main branches down the next day they're sticking back up to the lights again. This is slowing the lower branches from growing up to the top of the canopy.

Now I am not complaining. I actually love the "game" of trying to figure out the best way to maximize the potential of the plant. She also was not happy with the amount of nutrients I was feeding her and the other clones. If you look you may be able to see the slight downward bend to some of the leaf tips as well as very slight leaf tip burning. I ended up having to mix her a separate bottle of feed and she's happier now. Her color is good, she's a STRONG plant, and rumor has it this stuff is the herbal equivalent of the little blue pill. I wish very much I had the room to up-pot her into a 5 gallon fabric pot and get her tied down good. I am contemplating cutting about 8 inches off of each of those four main branches. Slow her down a little, split those branches into 8 branches and give the bottom branches time to grow upwards and get into the canopy.

Finally, a few photos of the flowering tent. In the front are the six girls growing in the 2 liter bottles. They are a cross of Sensi Northern Lights X Dark Devil auto. The first one I grew was exceptionally purple. These six not so much yet. But they are all happy, healthy, and beefing up like a good Sensi Seeds Northern Lights would do.

To the rear are the Colombian Gold plants. Just looking at them I am guessing they have about 5 more weeks to go. They are starting to show their autumn colors and the buds are starting to really build that sweet citrus aroma. Her buds seem a little more dense then the previous CG plant. Anyway, here are some photos of the girls in the flowering tent.

@Dutchman1990 I think you would enjoy growing one of the Colombian Gold plants. They're easy to grow, they clone super easy, and the plants produce a good yield of excellent buds. There were from the last plant about a week prior to harvest.

I probably would love to grow one out haha! That’s an impressive looking plant all around just like all your girls! Fantastic work beez!

How long did the first NL x DDA go in flower?

Amy I have to give a best guess on that question. I am going to say about 8 weeks. The flowering time on the Sensi NL is quite short and of course the DDA is about 7-8 weeks flowering.

and is that the It's It Punch clone from about week ago? That's stunning growth on it. Are you going to self seed it?

The It's It Punch is shown in post #1824 above. Eventually I'll get around to trying to make seeds with this strain. First though I will be giving it a shot with the Chemdawg and Royal Gorilla in that order.

Just saying that's some nice growth since this was taken:
full

LOL...….yes, that would be Guiness book of Records growth. The photo of the larger plant is the original clone I was given about 2 weeks or so ago. The cuttings in the solo cups are off of that plant so they are only 15 days since being harvested.

I have a question for you Beez.

I saw about 600 pages back in this thread you mentioned drying your buds in the fridge in a paper bag. Is it as simple as tossing the buds into the bag and into the fridge? Or is there some important steps to take beforehand?

Btw this thread is really awesome. Thanks for all the info and pictures!

@George Growstanza Yes, it's pretty much as simple as that. I wet trim my buds and put 28-30 grams in each bag. I fold the top over making about a 1 inch flap. I put a paper clip on it to hold it shut. And then arrange them in the fridge using whichever method of arranging you prefer. I lay mine on their sides on the narrow side. I gently jostle the bag to spread out the buds as much as possible. Then put all the rest of the bags in and you're sort of done. Every 3 days I take the bags out flip them over (gently) and (gently) jostle the buds to spread them out again. Average size buds take anywhere from 8-12 days to dry. Really dense buds more time. Fluffy sativa buds less time.

This is not scientific, well I guess it is. But the way I tell my buds are close to being dry is when I touch them they're not cold to the touch. And remember, you can always put them back in the fridge if you realize you've removed them too soon and they're not fully dried.

Okay gotcha!

For whatever reason I always thought refrigerators were humid... Then again I guess veggies do tend to dry out in the fridge. I've never actually checked the RH in the fridge before, so I don't know what my assumption is based off.
Have you ever had any problems with mold using this method?

Thanks for the info Beez! It is very much appreciated.

You know I was exactly where you are when I tried it the first time. Same questions and hesitation.

I've never had a problem with mold. You don't put a ton in each bag so plenty of air. And you move/stir them every 2-3 days. Be advised the method works great, but it also taints the taste of some foods in your fridge like the butter, milk etc. I was told this last time that that last time was my last time using the fridge. :laugh:

I've been watching Craigslist for a dorm size fridge. Checking the trichromes of my plant I'd say I have about 3 weeks to find one.

Sounds like we are currently in a similar situation :laughtwo: I'm just entering week 7 from flip myself, and looking for all the info I can get my hands on for harvest/drying/curing.
Not sure if my girlfriend would approve of me tainting our fridge food to dry my cannabis hahah. Good idea on the mini fridge though!
As an afterthought I just realized that when I let the mushrooms from the grocery store go a little past their prime they always look and feel dry and dehydrated, and they live in paper bags in the fridge, go figure!

Thanks again Beez! Looking forward with anticipation to your next update! Especially the Royal Gorilla! (I just recently acquired some RQS seeds from @SeedsMan!)

Back
Top Bottom