Colorado High - Soil - CFL - Easy Rider - 2013

Thanks for clearing that up for me KJC! I started the final flush last Monday, November 25th, since then they've only had molasses water. I figured that they would be ready to harvest sometime within the following 2 weeks which would put the harvest no later than next Monday, December 9th.

Looks like I am joining up a little late! Noticed you were using the flourowing, I have had back luck with those units they break on me within a month. I have since started rigging one up with 6 cfl lamp holders.. Trying to get a little 300W cfl hood set up :)
Your buds remind me of my last indoor pineapple, looks killer ColoradoH! Some reps your way :Namaste:

I noticed the ceramic lamp holder on the unit was super loose on mine, possibly a bad ground connection, or the bulb was bad.. either way I still have all the parts, & I am improving it in my mind, holding off for my local store to get a new shipment for the remaining cords and it will be ready, would work perfect for ya just incase :wood: Stay safe buddy!

I noticed that the glass part of one of my 6400K bulbs was a little loose from the base but not so much as to cause it to fail or have any problems, just a little wiggly is all. I kind of expected that actually given that I hang those big CFL bulbs horizontally. I will definitely keep it in mind in case I decide not to keep paying the big bucks for those mogul-base CFL bulbs. Take care as well buddy!

On the bulb topic; I opted to make my own also because the bulb was about 4/5 the price of the unit :laugh: good catch bud!
How exciting :yummy: You are planning on doing the bud cleaning technique also CH?
Wanted to mention this also, I have noticed the trichs on the tips of leaves mature quicker than the trichs on the calyx and buds.
Make sure you give the nugs a look see also just to make sure you have a decent amount of milky on them, who knows you might want to extend the flush, just a thought :) Stay safe :peace: CA

Yeah, I plan to follow Doc Bud's Bud Washing tutorial (Post #12). Based on your reply, I decided to cut off a calyx and inspect it for trichomes, man are those suckers hard to cut off and retrieve without losing them, here is one I finally got after the third attempt. It was taken from the top third of the tallest lady and its pistils were orange, dried and shriveled so it should be a good representation of other calyxes. Unfortunately the DOF of my USB microscope is very shallow so it is difficult to get a large area in focus on an object that is more 3 dimensional than a small sugar leaf.

Underside of a small calyx @ ~200X -

20131206095841.jpg

Underside of a small calyx @ ~400X -

20131206095959.jpg

Topside of a small calyx @ ~200X -

20131206100250.jpg

Topside of a small calyx @ ~400X -

20131206100425.jpg

Topside of a small calyx @ ~400X -

20131206100806.jpg

It looks to me it's about an even split between clear and cloudy trichomes. Given that I already have ~20% amber trichomes on the sugar leaves, which is about the maximum amount of amber trichs I really want, I still think that I'll harvest in 4 days, but I sure do appreciate the thought CA215. I will give the ladies their last drink of molasses water tomorrow morning and then let them dry out a bit before harvest.

Love that process, it really works wonders on the meds :)
Great analysis, the same thing happened with my pineapple ironically and I decided to do a super light trimming to leave that sugar leaf on, and it worked perfect, got a nice medicated feeling from those extra ambers. Early congrats on the buds CH, anticipating some cured shots :welldone:

Thanks CA!! I plan on taking a lot of shots during the next 7-10 days until I get to the curing stage. There will be pictures of all stages of the harvest, wash, dry and cure for sure. This is probably the most complicated process of the entire grow and I want to make sure I get it right now that I've made it this far.

WOW such beautiful healthy plants. is that the 125 watt system? how big is that thing!?

WOW such beautiful healthy plants. is that the 125 watt system? how big is that thing!? also how long is the bulb as well as the wing? thanks!

I too despise nitro claw lol

Thanks b.real! Yeah, it can also use their 200 watt CFL bulb as well. The fixture dimensions are 18.5" long x 10" wide x 5" high. If you include the hanger hooks, which add to the vertical height when calculating available growth space, it is 9" high. The self ballasted 125 watt CFL bulb, including the mogul base, is 13" long x 4" in diameter and puts out 7,000 lumens in either 6400K or 2700K.

I got a little overzealous with the Grow Big at the start of flowering trying to help the ladies stretch and overcome their temporary N-deficiency, noob mistake.

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out if I can fit one of these lights in my grow area. If you don't mind one more measurement? From hanger to hanger (when they're in a vertical position). Is it also 18"?

I did the same exact thing as you. Noticed that food was draining going into the stretch and overfed a bit

When you hang them vertically you only need one hanger at the top, the second hanger is not required unless you want to tie it down somewhere at the bottom of the grow area. Since the hanger is 4" in height, the overall length with one hanger is 22.5", with both hangers it is 26.5".

Back
Top Bottom