Colorado High - Soil - LED/CFL - Easy Rider Redux - 2015

Week 1/Day 3 of flowering and I'm proud to announce that with O1 now showing female pre-flowers, I now have three young ladies entering flowering. This is fully a week ahead of schedule as established during my first 4 grows. Tonight, I have switched the grow environment over to the flowering stage to get these ladies on their way to creating some fine bud just in time for the holidays. I will post a photo update soon showing off these lovely ladies and the progress they've made over the last couple of weeks.

Congratulations on all 3 of your babies being girls. What luck. Looks like that suspected male is just a hyperactive female. :)

Im going to stretch out in this hammock here and enjoy the show.

:thumb:

:thanks: Sorenna! I figured the two hermies would be female, but the original seed also being female is just icing on the cake so to speak.

I hope its chocolate cake! Im pretty excited to watch the grow. I dont think Ive seen hermies purposely grown before. Interesting. I might learn something.

High there Fellow Grower, Just thought I'd Chime in here as I myself am putting 4 Crown Royale Indoor Seeds into their sprouting cup myself. Personally I've had amazing luck w/ my seeds Germinating. Every now again though even I get a silly seed eh? lol I think I'll stick around & see how U R doing and offer any insights I might have w/ u on your Grow & vice versa, if U don't mind that is of course. If you'd like u can check out some of my pics of my last en devour .lol... Happy Grow 2 u

Week 2/Day 9 of flowering and the ladies are transitioning well into the flowering stage. There was a slight glitch with the grow box switch over to flowering. It seems that I bumped the light timer and when I checked on them the next morning, I noticed that the lights were not on when they should have been on. I immediately adjusted the timer to the correct setting and as it was only one night at the very beginning of flowering, I'm hoping that the impact on the ladies is negligible. These photos were taken just before I fed the ladies this morning.

Group shots of the ladies on day 9 of flowering -

IMG_013839.JPG

IMG_013439.JPG

Close-up shots of O1 on day 9 of flowering -

IMG_013941.JPG

IMG_013536.JPG

Close-up shots of H1 on day 9 of flowering -

IMG_014038.JPG

IMG_013637.JPG

Close-up shots of H2 on day 9 of flowering -

IMG_014143.JPG

IMG_013744.JPG

Since the beginning of flowering, I've given the ladies a total of one gallon of Growology Step 3 and Cal-Mag Plus. I'm still keeping a close eye out for any hermie activity but so far I've not seen anything unusual. I hope all is well with everyone!

Week 3/Day 17 of flowering and the ladies are fully ensconced in the flowering stage. Stretching, what little their was, seems to be complete and all of their energies are being devoted to flower production. The tops are starting to fill out more and more each day. H1 and H2 are slightly ahead of O1 in terms of flower development, but I have no concerns with O1's progress at this point.

Group shot of the ladies on day 17 of flowering -

IMG_014238.JPG

Single and close-up shots of O1 on day 17 of flowering -

IMG_014341.JPG

IMG_014644.JPG

Single and close-up shots of H1 on day 17 of flowering -

IMG_014439.JPG

IMG_014740.JPG

Single and close-up shots of H2 on day 17 of flowering -

IMG_014538.JPG

IMG_014853.JPG

Since the last update, the ladies have been fed a total of 1 gallon of Growology Step 3 and Cal-Mag Plus. They are starting to get hungrier now so the frequency of the feedings will be increased to meet their demands. I'm still keeping a close eye on their development and so far they appear to be stamen-free and hopefully will stay that way.

:thanks: closetorganic! Yes, I am using supplemental CFL sidelighting with 11,200 Lumens/168 Watts @ 2700K and 2,640 Lumens/104 Watts of 10% UVB. Temps are regularly at or slightly over the intended maximum of 85° but the ladies don't seem to mind it at all. During my first grow I used the maximum of 22,400 Lumens/336 Watts @ 2700K CFL sidelighting and I believe that contributed to the hermaphroditism which resulted in H1 and H2. I'm hoping to avoid that scenario this time with this supplemental lighting arrangement. I too have had no problems at all with my 96x3W reflector, although mine does get a break during the summer when it is too hot to grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those R some Very Healthy Ladies. I use Cal Mag Plus Always Myself. I almost started laughing when I read about putting your water in tote w/aquarium pump, as I often wanted to try just that. You just get soooo many different opinions eh? LOL I'm in I'll be doing just that too from here on in. I mean it's Logical & Economically Sound too. Thanx again for the tip & Consider me Impressed w/ your Greenery Garden.

What is your opinion on the effectivness of the additional CFL light? I am considering throwing a 600w HPS into my grow room but it looks like your CFL sidelight solution is probably cheaper and would work well in my setup. Do you think it is as effective as HPS? How much heat does it put out?

Back
Top Bottom