ColoradoGriz's First Grow - LED - Soil - Bag Seed

My plants are pretty healthy but I can't help but think they could have done just as well with less nutrients. I did the same thing with my oldest son and he is a punk. I deprive the youngest of everything and he is pretty awesome. I should have applied parenting skills to gardening.

Shit Griz this made me laugh So f*'n hard!! I'm a young parent myself and your wisdom is greatly appreciated :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So where's the pics of the lady in the Scrogco?
Did you get it put up last night?
I take it you didn't care for the Citrix... or at least the football game while on the Citrix.. lol

SCROGCO..... I'm not sure if I can use it, I can't get my branches through the base ring since they are all spread out around the pot. Am I able to just set it on top since my main stem is bent 90 degrees parallel to the top cover?

Shit Griz this made me laugh So f*'n hard!! I'm a young parent myself and your wisdom is greatly appreciated :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Then you know it's true. Kids are not much different than pot. The older they get the more they stink, the more they eat. Never clean up after themselves, run up the electric bill.....:)

I usually give my girls a mix of milk and water. 7 parts water 1 part milk is good for roots. Once the milk breaks down the roots go crazy.

Does it smell after a few days? Is it for the calcium?

I thought it was to calibrate the meter, not to feed with!!!

Ok short update:

Wednesday I set the timer to go on at 12pm to 12am as this works best for me. I like lights on when I swing home for lunch and when I come home from work at the end of the day. I left the Veg tent wide open with the T5 on to see if it would screw with the dark cycle in prevention of future screw ups. I wasn't expecting much the first day of 12/12 but Foxy got the hint and she went into flower, tonight I'll take some photos. I guess the 5x5 is keeping light out well enough.

Clones: I marked my clones L1A, L1B, L1C, L2A etc. L being the plant (L)ucy (B)etty (F)oxy, # when I transferred them from cloner to pot, Letter to designate individual plant from that group. So #1s transferred to first pot on the 5th and #2s were on the 8th. I was going to wait an entire month but iterations 1 and 2 are already almost a foot tall. At first I thought it was all stretch but they have grown into the T5s (2" from canopy) and node spacing is pretty tight. That's just good growth, right?

GB's two Lucy Clones are at 3" and looking good

GB's Goo Chees is 2/4 rooting and will transplant one to pot tonight

GB's super sour alien is growing well but no signs of roots yet.

I moved GB's clones and iteration 4 to a single T5 and a heating pad, that seems to have given them a boost and due to other clones height it was keeping the light too far from the small ones. Watering all of the clones with a dose of Great White probably didn't hurt either.

The flush this last weekend seems to have really helped the plants to get pack in peak condition. This next watering I want to hit them with some CaMg and Great White. I felt they got enough product on Wednesday that I didn't want to overdo it with 2 more products.

So Saturday, I decided I wanted to plant some seeds. For two weeks I looked up various germination techniques to the point my head was spinning. To be honest, I was so overwhelmed I was almost burnt out. I had some Light Warrior Seed Starter, I threw it in little green planters planted the seeds not too deep, added water PH'd between 6 and 7.

(Insight) Another reason I was kind of burnt out, my PH pen took a dump on me. I think it was just batteries, I left it on for two days, but I was kind of pissed and exhausted. I researched PH pens and found they are all shit. I asked myself, "Self, if all the Ph pens are shit, how do other people check Ph?". No answers there either, really. I went to Lowe's and bought a probe. For $10 bucks, the thing doesn't need batteries, tells me how dry my soil is, how many lumens is hitting the plants, and Ph. It does work for water as well as soil. Now it is not going to tell me, 6.75, 6.34, etc. but as long as it is closer to 6 than 7, I'm fine.

I had 3 Humboldt Blue Dream (Fem), 2 Afghani (Reg), 3 Blue Mystic Seeds gifted from a member (Fem), and one Holy Grail 69 (Fem). When I went to plant the Blue Dream, one seed got away from me, never to be found again. I was a little heartbroken as Blue Dream was my whole point of growing and now I was down to two........

IMG_238521.JPG

Four days! I like that. Call me optimistic but I have high expectations for a seed that sticks it's head up after 4 days. The Holy Grail 69 did as well but the photo came out blurry so I didn't post it. I think I might have two good mother plants but too soon to tell.

Flower tent: The girls are doing their thing. They are mad at me for not putting them in bigger pots (No more 7 week Veg for me, unless it's in 10+ gal).

Clones: Had to put down 11 clones. I was tempted to plant them all in the backyard but voted to uproot them and mix their soil into the backyard. They were all in great shape too. The "Betty Stomper" is the same strain as the "Lucy Stomper" but the latter being the better plant of the two so I destroyed the Betty Stompers. I mothered a "Lucy Stomper" and kept a few clones for the next flower run.

(I decided to go Red Solo Cup to 1 Gallon after 14 days with the clones just to preserve resources until I determine which ones I want to keep. I will move them to 5 Gallons (final container) after determining. The seedlings will go 3 to 5. I would go straight to 5 but I worry about the soil staying too wet.)

Veg: Bubblegum and Stomper looking great. I trained them enough they are all bent over at a 90 degree and now working the branches to the sides. Put the two Lucy in one Gallons, man they are bushy. Another couple of weeks I will select who goes in the 5's.

Peace

So some photos.

GB gave me some Lucy clones that have since rooted, transferred to soil then this one gallon after they had some time to grow. The new growth is nice and green, leaf structure looks good.

IMG_240515.JPG

Top shelf in the Veg tent. Mother Bubblegum and Mother Fruit Stomper along with the clones that came close to making the mother cut.

IMG_240415.JPG
IMG_240316.JPG

New Babies!

IMG_240016.JPG

A nice thing about having kids, a frog humidifier added to the veg tent. I fill it in the am and it keeps the humidity @65-70 for the veg tent. Since I added it, I have noticed some improvement in growth as compared to things @ 50 RH.

IMG_239914.JPG

Flower tent temps @ 75 with an RH @ 47-50 which I'm told is good for flower.

IMG_239819.JPG
IMG_239719.JPG
IMG_239614.JPG
IMG_239514.JPG
IMG_239414.JPG
IMG_239215.JPG
IMG_239113.JPG

Overall, I am so happy with the grow. I owe much to GB80 who hooked me up with that 4x4 that made my life a lot easier.

Beautiful!

Love the frog humidifier! Genius.

Your girls looks so incredibly happy! Keep it up bud. Can't wait to see some flowers!

Thanks bro! I love the frog. When I found it in a box with some baby stuff, I had to muffle my joy when I asked the wife to use it in my grow room. If I would have gotten too excited about it, I would be made to feel indebted. I learned this with sex years ago.

Your garden is looking awesome Griz!!
:bravo::high-five:

Very nice Griz!! I was thinking of grabbing 2 of those 144x5 units for my 3x3. Like what I am seeing so far. Tagging along for the ride. Peace!!

Your garden is looking awesome Griz!!
:bravo::high-five:

Thanks Uncle C! Double thanks because looking at your grow journal I think I have confirmed WTF "Fruit Stomper" Strain is. The two girls that I have identified as the Fruit Stomper bag seed, that came from Maggie's Farm, share a lot of traits as your Fruity Juice Strain. The dark green color, broad leaves, tight node spacing. I'm beginning to think Maggie's Farm crossed a Fruity Juice with Grape Stomper. I have no idea why, Fruity Juice is a damn near perfect strain in itself.

Back
Top Bottom