Coloradokid's First Grow!

Coloradokid19

Hey guys, how's it going? So I am new to this community and growing! So I guess first off Im a 19 year old kid in Colorado growing Cannabis for my Chron's. As I said before this is my first journal and grow, and I am very excited to find out how much of a green thumb I actually have… lol.

So the strain I'm growing is Durban Relief (Durban Poison X Pre-98 Bubba Kush). This strain is a hybrid, but I am not very sure what the percentages are. The tent I'm growing in is 4 x 2 and 5 feet high. I know this is kind of small, but after this harvest I am hoping it will become my veg tent and I can get a bigger tent for flowering. Anyways I'm running a 600w LED(only one side is turned on for seedlings), a 12 inch oscillating fan, and 6 inch duct fan attached to 25 ft ducting that runs from above my light to out of the tent. I also had to buy a humidifier because my humidity was only at like 20 percent. With my seeds right now my temps are 61 F on the low end and 70-75 F on the high end. My RH has been sitting aroun 70 percent in my humidity dome, but about 40-50 percent in my tent. Im running a 18/6 light cycle right now but after a week or two I'm going to go down to 16/8 until flowering. I will post a picture of my set-up once I figure out how to upload it to my thread.:cool:

growroomsetup.JPG

Alright so here is a picture of my set up. Hopefully i uploaded this right:)

Haha yeah, I guess it'll just have to do for now:laughtwo:

LOL I am sitting here looking at the screen like a dog that wants a treat, bend all to the side :rofl: There will be other people who will also follow your thread man and a lot of people you can ask for advice, we all love growing cannabis and it's great to see it all come together :Namaste:

Haha don't worry, Im sure ill figure out how to turn them right side up eventually. Oh and i forgot, I'm also going to use fox farm nutes. probably start with a very mild solution after a week and a half or so of just water pH at 6.5.

I heard a lot of people using that fox farm ones so ought to be good, I started my nutes late, in fact yesterday was the first time using sooooo hoping all is well :straightface: Had some bad luck and needed to spend cash elsewhere so nutes starting on day 23 of the plant...better late than never I guess. Do you have a PH pen?

Yeah i hope so, but nah i don't have one yet. I need to go buy fabric pots, so ill just get a pH pen while I'm at the store as well. I do pH my water though. I keep it at a good 6.5 for soil growing.

Do you use that PH tester that is basically red liquid? I bought that but struggling so much to get to grips with it...not sure how to just get it correct :hmmmm:

Yea but mine is more a blue green liquid. Ive found it best to use a little dropper because you really only need 1 drop or so one way or the other to get your pH around where you want it.

I'm sure I could figure it out after a bong though, but don't have anything now and refuse to support the drug dealers. Have not bought anything for about 7 months so totally on my own. Do you use PH down or up when you want to increase the PH level?

Basically if you want your solution more acidic, then use pH down. If you want a more alkaline, then use pH up.

Shot man, was sitting today again for about an hour doing tests and such trying my best figuring it out. The only good news was that the water with nutrients in them are about 6.1-6.4 of PH which I am glad about... tested that like three times just on the nute water with no PH down or up

Shot man, was sitting today again for about an hour doing tests and such trying my best figuring it out. The only good news was that the water with nutrients in them are about 6.1-6.4 of PH which I am glad about... tested that like three times just on the nute water with no PH down or up

Not too shabby. Lol. Personally I feel that in soil, you want to be right around 6.5 or so... But that's just my opinion for now, and maybe it'll change with more experience? Who knows. I just got my soil tester though, it tests for pH, light, fertility, and moisture. And my pH in my soil has been a bit alkaline, so I have my water right at 6.4 6.5 right now with no nutes.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Way to go Colorado, looking great....happy growing

Thanks man! It's gonna be one hell of an adventure, that's for sure. But I can't wait to see how this all unfolds!

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom