Colorful Sunset Sherbet Clones DWC

Week 8 Water change last night.

So I'm a dingus. And true to dingus nature, cant add days to save my life for the second time on this journal. We are on day 51, since last night was day 50. I feel the need to type this out so that IM clear on this lol.

PPM's were on a slight rise all last week so it was brought down from 14-1500 down to a hair over 1100. Depending on what the numbers look like tonight, it may get adjust one way or another a tad. It topped out at 1800 the night the water was finally changed. Yikes. No nute burn, no worries :Rasta:

They're still drinking about a gallon a day between the 4 of them. Maybe more.

RH is still a slight battle, with no end in sight. The dehumidifier is trying its best. Poor guy. But, its hard to dehumidify the inside of a tent, from the outside, while keeping air temps in the mid 50's low 60's lights out. All the while its in the high 80's outside with a daily RH in the upper 80% range or higher. At this point, everything we can realistically do to dry things out, has been done. Aside from remodeling the entire closet. More on that down the road. Light off RH: under canopy 61%, in the canopy, 65% and in the ceiling 62%. A little high, but nothing crazy. Light on RH was: 53% below the canopy, 50% in the canopy, and 54% in the ceiling.

Air temps are being brought down even further for these final few weeks. We added a second duct off the AC unit. This one is a 6" and routed it into one of the only available 6" ports left on this tent. Down by the floor. Temps below the canopy have been on average 8* higher than the other two areas (canopy and ceiling) during lights out. This was due to the side vent being open on the side of the closet where the dehumidifier and chiller live. So its a little warmer over there. That vent is now closed and the new vent enters the other side of the tent. With the help of a small fan, that new cold air is circulated throughout the under-canopy nice and evenly. Now that all of the "zones" in here are cold, if they wont turn any more color, they just aren't going to. Res temps are held at 64*f. light off temps today were 54*f below the canopy, 56*f at the canopy, and 57* in the ceiling. Light on temps below the canopy were 56*f, in the canopy was 68*f and was 59*f in the ceiling.

Anyways that's all for our "pursuit of purple/pink" for now. Wishing everyone a wonderful Tuesday! :smokin::bongrip::lot-o-toke:

Week 8 Water change last night.

So I'm a dingus. And true to dingus nature, cant add days to save my life for the second time on this journal. We are on day 51, since last night was day 50. I feel the need to type this out so that IM clear on this lol.

PPM's were on a slight rise all last week so it was brought down from 14-1500 down to a hair over 1100. Depending on what the numbers look like tonight, it may get adjust one way or another a tad. It topped out at 1800 the night the water was finally changed. Yikes. No nute burn, no worries :Rasta:

They're still drinking about a gallon a day between the 4 of them. Maybe more.

RH is still a slight battle, with no end in sight. The dehumidifier is trying its best. Poor guy. But, its hard to dehumidify the inside of a tent, from the outside, while keeping air temps in the mid 50's low 60's lights out. All the while its in the high 80's outside with a daily RH in the upper 80% range or higher. At this point, everything we can realistically do to dry things out, has been done. Aside from remodeling the entire closet. More on that down the road. Light off RH: under canopy 61%, in the canopy, 65% and in the ceiling 62%. A little high, but nothing crazy. Light on RH was: 53% below the canopy, 50% in the canopy, and 54% in the ceiling.

Air temps are being brought down even further for these final few weeks. We added a second duct off the AC unit. This one is a 6" and routed it into one of the only available 6" ports left on this tent. Down by the floor. Temps below the canopy have been on average 8* higher than the other two areas (canopy and ceiling) during lights out. This was due to the side vent being open on the side of the closet where the dehumidifier and chiller live. So its a little warmer over there. That vent is now closed and the new vent enters the other side of the tent. With the help of a small fan, that new cold air is circulated throughout the under-canopy nice and evenly. Now that all of the "zones" in here are cold, if they wont turn any more color, they just aren't going to. Res temps are held at 64*f. light off temps today were 54*f below the canopy, 56*f at the canopy, and 57* in the ceiling. Light on temps below the canopy were 56*f, in the canopy was 68*f and was 59*f in the ceiling.

Anyways that's all for our "pursuit of purple/pink" for now. Wishing everyone a wonderful Tuesday! :smokin::bongrip::lot-o-toke:
Those first two paragraphs were like cliffhangers!!! I'm glad you've gotten everything worked out!

May the Purple be with You!

(I'm sorry- I just had two :bongrip::rofl:)
Seriously though, you've got a great setup and I love the way you talk about the kinks, and how they were overcome. Even if there's no purple, your gonna have awesome plants come harvest.

Hope the color comes out for you! In my MN basement grows if the genetics had it I couldn't keep it out if I tried. You certainly are doing the right things to get it, I hope it works out!
IMG_20210312_084218_962.jpg

Those first two paragraphs were like cliffhangers!!! I'm glad you've gotten everything worked out!

May the Purple be with You!

(I'm sorry- I just had two :bongrip::rofl:)
Seriously though, you've got a great setup and I love the way you talk about the kinks, and how they were overcome. Even if there's no purple, your gonna have awesome plants come harvest.
Thanks @Rexer. :meditate: Nothing will ever be perfect. And wouldn't have it any other way :D Honestly, i think I'm starting to get more excited about making upgrades to the system once its empty than i am about the actual harvest that is almost upon us. But ssshhhhhh, don't tell the girls that :p

I'm an avid "over explainer" and try REALLY hard to reign it in here. I'm glad you can make sense of the ramblings :thanks:

And may the purple be with you my friend! :laugh: or i guess now that you have the world best comeback, may the GREEN be with you!

Hope the color comes out for you! In my MN basement grows if the genetics had it I couldn't keep it out if I tried. You certainly are doing the right things to get it, I hope it works out!
IMG_20210312_084218_962.jpg
Absolutely beautiful :drool: Thank you for the encouragement and sharing that beauty!

They look frostier every time I see them. Tasty. Steady hand on the pics too, nice. Every time I see the very top of that one bud that's bleached a tiny bit it makes me chuckle - it reminds me of popcorn on a campfire when I was a kid.

They look frostier every time I see them. Tasty. Steady hand on the pics too, nice. Every time I see the very top of that one bud that's bleached a tiny bit it makes me chuckle - it reminds me of popcorn on a campfire when I was a kid.
Thanks man, i really appreciate it :thanks:
I brace my hand or arm against the reflector to get clear pictures lol. Always makes me nervous dangling my phone in there that close to the tops.
That one looks even more like popcorn in person. Its a shame pictures never seem to do ANYTHING justice. No matter how good these phone cameras get lol. too bad they havent figured out how to capture smells too :yummy:

Thanks man, i really appreciate it :thanks:
I brace my hand or arm against the reflector to get clear pictures lol. Always makes me nervous dangling my phone in there that close to the tops.
That one looks even more like popcorn in person. Its a shame pictures never seem to do ANYTHING justice. No matter how good these phone cameras get lol. too bad they havent figured out how to capture smells too :yummy:
Smellavision! That's it, man, you're a genius! We'd be able to send each other pictures on a text like everyone does, only you'd be able to smell them too! Hell, we may as well go for Tasteavision too, why stop at smell? :ganjamon:

Smellavision! That's it, man, you're a genius! We'd be able to send each other pictures on a text like everyone does, only you'd be able to smell them too! Hell, we may as well go for Tasteavision too, why stop at smell? :ganjamon:
I cant help but imagine highschool with such a technology. At least i know how my friends would have used smellable text messages :rofl:

Coming up on the finish of week 8 and things are getting “heavy” in the tent. I say “heavy” because this strain is not a huge producer in terms of bud size and weight. They’re dense, frosty, and about as sticky as 3m foam tape. Just not crazy heavy or huge. Its quality stuff, so we aren't gonna start complaining now.

Our new scope finally arrived to start looking at trichomes. Big Thanks to @Jon for the reminder to dig our old one out. That thing didnt light up at all anymore so it gave me an excuse to get us a better one. Got one with a 7” lcd display, internal battery, and sd card. No more cord not being long enough. No more need for an extra set of eyes or hands. Just stick her in there, focus on the screen right in front of your face, and click. Easy as can be. Need some practice holding my hands steady but thats not the scopes fault.

Here’s a few shots with the new scope
DC58CF01-62EF-4F6A-B1BD-B219A29AA8C3.jpeg

789FFB1B-8C1A-43F8-B8B5-A2199C6443CF.jpeg

520F680B-E7D0-4853-A246-3EB3E7386C5B.jpeg

FD312A7E-8E4B-4158-BC3E-956E3850DFAE.jpeg

1BEE58D1-9BEC-4729-B3F3-131D0C4B9824.jpeg

23B2989C-6A8F-495A-974B-F87DE4D9B358.jpeg

Coming up on the finish of week 8 and things are getting “heavy” in the tent. I say “heavy” because this strain is not a huge producer in terms of bud size and weight. They’re dense, frosty, and about as sticky as 3m foam tape. Just not crazy heavy or huge. Its quality stuff, so we aren't gonna start complaining now.

Our new scope finally arrived to start looking at trichomes. Big Thanks to @Jon for the reminder to dig our old one out. That thing didnt light up at all anymore so it gave me an excuse to get us a better one. Got one with a 7” lcd display, internal battery, and sd card. No more cord not being long enough. No more need for an extra set of eyes or hands. Just stick her in there, focus on the screen right in front of your face, and click. Easy as can be. Need some practice holding my hands steady but thats not the scopes fault.

Here’s a few shots with the new scope
DC58CF01-62EF-4F6A-B1BD-B219A29AA8C3.jpeg

789FFB1B-8C1A-43F8-B8B5-A2199C6443CF.jpeg

520F680B-E7D0-4853-A246-3EB3E7386C5B.jpeg

FD312A7E-8E4B-4158-BC3E-956E3850DFAE.jpeg

1BEE58D1-9BEC-4729-B3F3-131D0C4B9824.jpeg

23B2989C-6A8F-495A-974B-F87DE4D9B358.jpeg
Wow that is so badass. And also WOW can I see the difference between my $40 item and this thing you have. These pics are amazing, SUPER clear on the trichomes. AND the trichomes are amazing - long with nice, generous round heads. They are just looking chock full of juicy ass THC and I wish I could smell your tent. Lol! SWEET.

Wow that is so badass. And also WOW can I see the difference between my $40 item and this thing you have. These pics are amazing, SUPER clear on the trichomes. AND the trichomes are amazing - long with nice, generous round heads. They are just looking chock full of juicy ass THC and I wish I could smell your tent. Lol! SWEET.
Thanks man. Honestly, this one wasn't too much more than yours. I just learned from our last one how hard of a time we had having to look away from what you are doing to check the screen and focus lol. Still had to take a dozen or so shots just to get these 5 clear ones. Now we just gotta put some cardboard over the light to cut out the orange from the HPS. These trichomes were a lot thicker than i was anticipating :yahoo:

Happy Friday @Modest Grower Thanks :passitleft:

I used the "Hey, we could use this to look at bugs and flowers with the kids" excuse hehe :p
I'm either imagining an influx in shoes around here or I'll have to say something like so you can admire the jewelry I will buy you haha. Kids are coming soon though, can't wait for that fun.

Looking great...that is one bada$$ microscope!! Love it!! Puts my cheap wireless one to shame :high-five:

Should be much easier with it mounted like that!
Thanks @Rexer honestly it looks a lot nicer than it is. I took it off the stand to get into the tent, But plan on using the stand to scope samples removed from the plants. It even takes video :D and zooms down to 1200x

Back
Top Bottom