Combination of MH & HPS

pooloss

Hi Guys,

I have a few 600w MH + HPS bulbs and a few cool-tube enclosures. I've just finished my first grow using 2 x 600W MH for Veg and 2 x 600 HPS for flower, with good results. However, in all honesty, I'm only growing in a small area (4m x 4m) so it was probably over-kill.

For my next grow I was thinking about modifying a single cool tube (which covers the area fine) and installing both a 600W MH and 600W HPS inside it, one at each end.

I was thinking of just using the single 600W MH for veg and then for flower turning on the 600W HPS as well, so the plants get the best of both worlds. I read this is a great combo. I'm also going to use some UV-B in the final weeks of flowering.

Any thoughts?
PL.

re: Combination of MH & HPS

Thats pretty much my plan in 8 x 8 tent but run only 2 x 600w HPS and 1 x 600w MH but putting the MH in the middle of the 2 x 600w HPS lights. This would mean all lights in separate hoods.

And also using UV-B lighting in last 2-3 weeks of flowering to help increase trich output and resin, but becareful not to cook the buds as then they be no good.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Cool also just keep temps and humidity down to where there recomended to be at and all is well.

Get a small AC unit to help cool down when its needed.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

I'm running cool tubes and AC in my room. I grow in the tropics so AC is a must.

Back
Top Bottom