Combined LED & HPS Grow

Hydroguy

Hi all,

This will be my second grow, first went pretty well, great learning curve.

So there has been a lot of talk about LED versus MH/HPS, i personally think LED is the way forward in the future. From my research they seem to be good for vegging and can be used as supplement light in floweirng. but will not flower by themselves to great effect.

Currently i have 4 ladies growing under a MH light(250w) about 4 weeks in ( Church, White widow, Wonderwoman and G13 haze), this week i have 2 new tents and 2 panels of blue veg leds coming. Some stemlights (LED) really hoping these solve the canopy light penetration probs as last grow had a lot of secondary bud left on them. Also got a 90w UFO led. (7.1.1) (Red, Blue, Orange)

So the plan: tent 1 Veg & Clone, 8 pot system, 2 blue veg panels & Cloning light

Plan is to keep 2/3 mothers here and use for cloning and veg growth.

Tent 2 (flowering 4 plants at a time) 250W HPS, 90w led UFO and stem lights

When i get the items i will post some pics of the set up.

:grinjoint:

Great start Hydroguy!! Love the process of combo lighting. I agree LED will become very useful in the future. Can you post pics on that stemlight you talk about? Is that one of those snake like, Bendable ones? Those also will become very useful!! Best of luck, I'll have a seat TY :popcorn:

nice little combo set up ya going for there. Ill get a front seat in this as well. best of luck hydroguy.
BEST OF GROWING TO ALL!!! :roorrip:

Here's a couple of photos of the grow and one of the cloning attempt,, 3 little GI Janes have perished since this photo.

Starting to have a few probs with the G13, a lot smaller than the other 3.

Image0122.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Image0122.jpg

Lol. Everyone does that

Hi all,

sorry i have not been updating, a number of probs occured, laptop blew up, one of plants went hermy and not sure how much damage it did, may have pollenated parts of other 3 plants, so comparsions between led and hps not really worthwile.

I can say this, stay away forom stem lights,, not worth the box they come in, you do more damage then good putting them in taking them out for nute changes and not convinced they add anything to a grow.

peace ya'all:rip::rip:

Back
Top Bottom