Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

Now look at these roots.
6-88.JPG
6-89.JPG

I think my way looks healthier. This was going from a 2 gal. to a 5. I probably should have waited a little longer to up-pot.

Now look at these roots.
6-88.JPG
6-89.JPG

I think my way looks healthier. This was going from a 2 gal. to a 5. I probably should have waited a little longer to up-pot.
you went digging in your gallery for a while, didn't you. :laughtwo:

i'll try that next time and stay in smaller container for longer to create root mass, but our conversation was about having water sitting in catch for few min just so the bottom can saturate more water and stay moist longer. I said this would help the roots to develop towards the bottom of the pot.

i think we just misunderstood each other. cuz your talking about root mass and im talking about root development towards the bottom of the pot. different techniques. If i would off not chopped the plant and let it go for longer which i should of then im sure those roots would of come out of the bottom.

your container was also fully sealed with may be a big hole on the bottom. Mine is these plastic air cups. its got holes all over it.

Today I ordered the 5' x 5' x 80" LA Garden Tent. I wanted a tent with steel corners & NO Windows & this was the one I found for $140. I also ordered a Fan Speed Controller, Ink Bird for this tent & some new pads for my 6 gal. Humidifiers.
So soon as it arrives I'll get it ready.

Need to get the pics off my camera of the seedling to post. Soon !

Alrighty Then ! Let's get to Lighting Calculations. It's another one of my cut & paste jobs to remove Non-Sponsor Info.
But it still has the info you can use to figure out just how much light you need. Here it is :

45) Lighting Info.jpg
46) Lighting.jpg
47) Lighting.jpg
48) Lighting.jpg
49) Lighting.jpg
50) Lighting.jpg
51) Lighting.jpg
52) Lighting.jpg

***At the Bottom of pg. 8 I added another LED Chart.***

Well my lil' girl is 4 days old & starting to put out her second set of leaves. She's doing quite well so far.
I've just been giving water so far at about 50 ml. per day; but I'm going to be upping that at lights on. I'll let you know how much water I use once I see what it will take. Few more days & I'll start with the MC.
I started with my light running at 50%. I upped it to 55% last night & every day or 2 I'll up it some more till I get to 75% where I'll leave it for a short while.
Here's a few pics of her from this morning.
9-159.JPG
9-160.JPG
9-161.JPG
9-162.JPG

Awww...That little girl is off to a great start brother ;)

I always felt like a dad looking after a newborn at that early stage in their life.

Man, I really need to get back into growing again...Grrr, damn GA laws!!!
Hopefully Dems flip the 2 senate seats so we can get that fixed for you. Got to get McConell out of power to get it legal at the Fed. level.

Hopefully Dems flip the 2 senate seats so we can get that fixed for you. Got to get McConell out of power to get it legal at the Fed. level.
I'm hoping Joe and Kamala will push the issue with the senate, and that the senate will rethink things because 5 more states overwhelmingly voted for it.

I don't like the two radical left wingers in the run-off here in GA, but they could be the deciding factor for everybody, so I guess I'll reluctantly give them my vote for the greater good of the Cannabis mission I so strongly believe in.

Anyway, I don't need to hijack your thread so...Back to the show :popcorn:

You know, I'm kind of surprised more beginners haven't visited this thread yet. I do understand it though. I'm sure, like myself, nobody wants to spend time reading during their 1st grow. They just want to get growing .... & then they run into a problem instead of learning how not to get the problem in the 1st place.
I'm no Master Grower (maybe intermediate); but I know enough to get beginners off to a real good start without a lot of issues. I can give a lot of the basics & then they just have to perfect their growing technique.
I'm only doing 1 more grow journal after this one & I'm done with journaling for a while. Still going to grow. Just not do journals.
I sure hope to get a lot of views when I do the "All I want for X-Mas is: MARS HYDRO" journal. It will be a sponsored grow & I bought 90% new equipment just for this journal. May as well make my last journal the best I can before I start concentrating on moving up to the next grow level.

Will mixing blurple an tws 2000 be bad?? I want to start getting rite lights now instead of wasting more money on blurple like @VetSmoke85 said before was guna get more plurper but struggling like hell with temps n heater not even getting there on full won't go higher than 22c costing loads off leccy I'm still learning alot as still beginning

Will mixing blurple an tws 2000 be bad?? I want to start getting rite lights now instead of wasting more money on blurple like @VetSmoke85 said before was guna get more plurper but struggling like hell with temps n heater not even getting there on full won't go higher than 22c costing loads off leccy I'm still learning alot as still beginning
You can mix them. I've seen many growers do it. But if you need it warmer buy an MH / HPS light. You wont need a heater during lights on & your heater can just run during lights off. Not sure of your grow area size but you can use the chart to figure out what size to get. Those lights put out plenty of heat & they probably are the best for big yields. You can find used ones from $60 - $150 all the time. @MochaBud would love hearing me say this .... lol.

I mix em' up and have had good luck. I just installed two Philzon 2000W in my flower room and have found they run hotter than other LED's. IN looking into it I suspect it is because they use real 10w bulbs instead of the 3-4w most manufacturers use. They are super bright but require watching the heat on hot days for sure.

One thing I discovered that might be helpful. Every community has people that think tey want to get into this. I recently found at least 6 people selling grow lights they had purchased and never used or had for some other reason. The Philzon's I bought cost $249 on Amazon (or they did when I looked) but I bought two for $125. Look local, check reviews and it will help you watch your budget!

You can mix them. I've seen many growers do it. But if you need it warmer buy an MH / HPS light. You wont need a heater during lights on & your heater can just run during lights off. Not sure of your grow area size but you can use the chart to figure out what size to get. Those lights put out plenty of heat & they probably are the best for big yields. You can find used ones from $60 - $150 all the time. @MochaBud would love hearing me say this .... lol.
I got a 2.4m by 1.2m attic tent an I do actually have 2 600w hps but it costed me so much in eltric that's why I wanted to get mars tsw 2000 plus my 1200w wakeyme should cover all tent where IL be using as only 5 in there

I mix em' up and have had good luck. I just installed two Philzon 2000W in my flower room and have found they run hotter than other LED's. IN looking into it I suspect it is because they use real 10w bulbs instead of the 3-4w most manufacturers use. They are super bright but require watching the heat on hot days for sure.

One thing I discovered that might be helpful. Every community has people that think tey want to get into this. I recently found at least 6 people selling grow lights they had purchased and never used or had for some other reason. The Philzon's I bought cost $249 on Amazon (or they did when I looked) but I bought two for $125. Look local, check reviews and it will help you watch your budget!
IL have a look on local selling sites then hopefully find a cheap mars tsw 2000

Back
Top Bottom