Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

Got a few pics & weight from the 1st Cherry on Top. Ended up with just a hair over 6 oz. 32.9 gr. of popcorn (bud under the size of a quarter) & 107.7 gr. of nice bud. So 140.6 gr. total. This shit is gas ! Wish I could get my hands on 10 Fem seeds of it. It's all I would grow for a while. I do have a couple seeds left of it from the dispensary weed so going to grow 1 pretty soon just to make seeds. My buddy is STS - ing one now for us; but I'm not sure I trust his handy work.
Anyway, here's a few pics.
10-440.JPG
10-441.JPG
10-442.JPG
10-443.JPG
10-444.JPG
10-445.JPG

I swear my camera has a mind of it's own. One day it takes good pics & the next day it don't.
Great result matey. should be fun testing.

After a lot of tutoring by MrSauga I use the hydrobuddy for calculating my mixes, and I have been following his advice regarding ratios. After all, you can't get much happier looking plants than this!

MrS sets his ratios as close to 5-1-5 NPK as possible, and his K-Ca-Mg-S ratio at 4-2-1-.5 which is hard to do with only two nutes. And he runs his silica at 50ppm for almost the entire grow after ramping it up pretty quickly.

In terms of using the MC v4 and the GH cal-mag, you will likely be blowing through the limits of Calcium as you increase your dosing, because MC starts with high Ca (in a 2.6:1 ratio) and the GH comes with another 5% Ca and only 1.5% Mg (or 3.3:1). Ideally a 2:1 ratio is better.

Never run Superthrive as it's really just a B vitamin, which doesn't fall on the list of things that cannabis needs.

Have you considered running GeoFlora? Lots of folks are having success with it. I'm testing it out now and it turns out it works even better if you follow the instructions. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I found a qt. of the Alchemist Stout at the local hydro store. Also picked up a bottle of Nature's Nectar Nitrogen 5-0-0 since Mr Sauga said the V4 is lacking in N too. I gave him the info & he's suppose to let me know how much to use. Sure glad he knows this shit. I need to quit smoking so damned much so I can remember what the hell I read.

Not so much straight lacking in N as lacking in N compared to the 18% potassium. MrS likes his N and K much more in balance. Now I do too. :)
What kind of bug (really tiny white bug / way small) would crawl around on top the soil & if you touch near them they go down in the soil ? I don't see any on the plant though. They are barely visible without a magnifying glass. I was thinking baby gnats; but not sure. I don't know what spider mites do. Fresh soil out of a new bag. Tent was only used once & then stored under the bed. So I'm kind of thinking there was larvae in the soil & it's now hatched & becoming gnats. Your thoughts ?

if it’s gnats letting the plants dry out could polish them off. I bought mosquito dunks to deal with them but did not end up needing to use them. I may have also been spraying with neem for thrips. Not sure how that effects the gnats.
Yeah, I got gnats on my 1st grow because I used Miracle Grow. It is gnats for sure so going to buy several qt.'s of Peroxide today. 1 for this plant & the rest to use in this bag of soil before I plant any more seeds in it. Peroxide wash the soil 1st till I finish this bag off. Neem kills gnats & I have that too. But no big gnats yet. That's why I believe it's from the soil. Going to buy sticky traps also.

Getting ready to Harvest a Peyote Wi Fi now. Feel like I'm wasting time even trimming it; but hoping it's more potent then the last one after 2 more weeks in Flower. That last Peyote just does not want the hairs to change color. It's on day 83 of flower & still lots of white hairs. Thing is there are a lot of Amber Trichs so she has to come down regardless.

Decided to go with your method for hash since the Bag Kit came with step by step instructions. Trying to find a 2' long wooden mixing spoon. Not sure who would carry that besides zon.
I use a golf club that I had laying around. perfect agitator.

Viparspectra don't get off my back I may end up banned soon. About to go off on those asses. Tried to force me to do a journal by sending a light after I said I couldn't do a journal for them. Then insisted I send the light to another member or pay for it. I paid for it ; by their instructions, & now they want a screen shot of the payment because they were too lazy to send an invoice. They can go to hell. I've done all I'm doing & if it costs me my membership then so be it. They are the ones who should be banned for harassing members. I for one, would rather quit growing then buy one of their lights after the treatment I've received. I'm not saying their lights are bad. Just the reps & service / treatment one gets from them leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Time for an update on things. The last Cherry on Top is dry & ready for a clean up trim. Only 88 gr. on this one that was in a 3 gal. pot. (3 oz. 4 gr.) So C.O.T. #1 = 140.6 gr.
C.O.T. #2 = 88.4 gr.
C.O.T. #3 = 88.1 gr.
Total = 317.1 gr. of Cherry on Top (11.325 oz.)

10-463.JPG
10-464.JPG
10-465.JPG

Only 1 Peyote Wi Fi in the 5 x 5 & she's going on a 48 hour dark spell today. I'm about 1/2 way done trimming #2 so pics of that one soon. Been a busy week harvesting. Will be glad to get it finished so I can get busy on other journals.
Here's some pics.

10-466.JPG
10-467.JPG
10-468.JPG
10-469.JPG
10-470.JPG
10-471.JPG
10-472.JPG

I know there's still white hairs, but there's about 25% Amber Trichs so she has to come down.

Only 1 Peyote Wi Fi in the 5 x 5 & she's going on a 48 hour dark spell today. I'm about 1/2 way done trimming #2 so pics of that one soon. Been a busy week harvesting. Will be glad to get it finished so I can get busy on other journals.
Here's some pics.

10-466.JPG
10-467.JPG
10-468.JPG
10-469.JPG
10-470.JPG
10-471.JPG
10-472.JPG

I know there's still white hairs, but there's about 25% Amber Trichs so she has to come down.
Yeah, I know, weird plant. Had one like this a year or so ago that after 15 weeks still kept putting out white hairs. I guess some plants just don't want the end to come... lol. But at some point you have to pull the plug.

If all I need is a "perfect agitator" I guess I could just use my wife. I think she just might be small enough to fit in the bucket too.
take it she doesn't read your 420 either ?. heehee. the spoon is not vital but any agitator long enough to give you leverage to reach below the surface. It is the cold water that does the work not the ice hitting the leaf ect.. I use a plasterers stirring whisk on my drill at low speed to get my initial mix started and foamy , just a case of mix , wait mix wait a few times. I agitate for about 15 mins than let it settle for about 30 mins and do this 4 to 5 times to get as much out each run as I can. you can put each bag through at least twice and get a good return, the remaining mulch then can be put in your plants pot to mulch or garden. I did find using 3 bags only ( the largest mu for ice and trim and smallest 2 for the other bucket) and 2 buckets has been my easiest and most productive way 1st bucket to separate the leaf/trichs rhen through the 2 bags in the other bucket , empty the 2nd buckets waste water from the filtered water and repeat the 1st bit again to release more trichs then again through 2nd bucket. You can do it with 3 in 1 bucket but I prefer this way so I can multi run bags

Here's some pics.

10-466.JPG
10-467.JPG
10-468.JPG
10-469.JPG
10-470.JPG
10-471.JPG
10-472.JPG

very nice. Great finish too them all now then.

Viparspectra don't get off my back I may end up banned soon. About to go off on those asses. Tried to force me to do a journal by sending a light after I said I couldn't do a journal for them. Then insisted I send the light to another member or pay for it. I paid for it ; by their instructions, & now they want a screen shot of the payment because they were too lazy to send an invoice. They can go to hell. I've done all I'm doing & if it costs me my membership then so be it. They are the ones who should be banned for harassing members. I for one, would rather quit growing then buy one of their lights after the treatment I've received. I'm not saying their lights are bad. Just the reps & service / treatment one gets from them leaves a whole lot to be desired.
Rather than trash a sponsor in the public forum, it's best if you pass the issue up to the mods via PM and let them take care of it.

I don't feel I'm trashing anyone. Just speaking the truth about my experience with them. I've taken it to the mods. It's been going on close to a month now. Every time I think it's all settled they start their (what I call) harassment again. I paid for a light they forced on me & I did not want; so they need to just leave me alone & I'll stay away from them too. Is that too much to ask ? I guess if money is more important then morals I could end up in trouble. I paid for a light I did not want showing an act of good morals. I did the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom