Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

For the same nutrient liquid, you're 100% correct! Not all nutrient liquids will have the same weight/cc.
Yes, I thought of the different viscosities (I think that's what different thicknesses of liquids are called). Like I said, been a while since I messed with this sort of stuff so need to refresh my brain.

I managed to get the carpet done & it's dry now; so tent starts going up tonight. I did manage to get my 2 SCROG Nets made for the 3 x 3 too. The last Peyote Wi fi should be dry enough to get a weight tomorrow so I'll post the final pics & harvest weight then.
I need to see how growers LST the other way. I've always Quad-lined & never bent the entire plant over like I see some do. But it looks like I have to do the bend the plant thing for a SCROG. Need to check this out soon as I'm not sure how big the plant should be when I do it.
Nephew stopped by. Gave him a few bong hits of Cherry on Top & he was like... Holy Fuck.... This is some good shit... lol.
Gave me a good laugh seeing his eyes get all bloodshot. This strain is a keeper !

Oh Boy, I think I have another problem on my hands. I'm suppose to do a Grow Journal on the Mars 5 x 5 tent. What can I say other then the material is good ? The design sucks ! In order to put this tent together you have to put the Top on 1st because of that stupid D-Door design. I hate those doors. 2 - Rectangle doors that split down the center is the best way. The other thing is the back wall of the tent only has 2 - 3" ports for wiring. No 6" or 8" Duct Holes. Those are the holes I use to run my duct out the window. I'd have to run duct out the side then around the back to go out the window. Too long of a distance & too many curves for good air flow. On Top of that it would be sloppy looking as all hell & I'm a neat freak so that would drive me crazy.
You ask, Why I don't turn my tent sideways & run it out the side ? Because I have to rearrange my whole bedroom to do it. Not happening. Shit's too heavy ! Sure glad I didn't pay for this tent or it would get sent back. Not sure what to tell Mars, because I think their design is crap. I can't recommend this tent.
What to do ? What to do ?

I did manage to get the tent together. Had to go buy more 4" Flex duct & 2 - Elbows. Got about a 10' - 12' Exhaust run with at least 3 curves. 4" might be too small now that I have a longer run & so many turns. It was like a 4' straight shot the other way. Really disappointed this tent doesn't have Duct Holes on the back wall. First tent I've ever had this way.
Took some pics today that I'll post a little later. Still have to upload to the computer. Just tired right now. Been a busy week & still have a little left to do.

Here's the Tent & how I had to run the duct. Not the greatest; so I hope it still does the trick. Notice the 3rd pic ?
12-8.JPG
12-9.JPG
12-10.JPG
12-11.JPG
12-12.JPG
12-13.JPG
12-14.JPG

Also made the SCROG Net. Not sure how long to make the Legs & Risers yet. Just put some scrap pieces between the 2 nets for now. The Risers are not glued in. Just needed something in there to line things up.

11-101.JPG
11-102.JPG

And the final Harvest. Peyote #3 yielded 164 gr. ( 5 oz. 24 gr.). Haven't tried it. Still smoking on the Cherry on Top. Gave a few buds to friends & they have all said this stuff is the best they've had in a while. Always glad to hear that.
So here's a couple pics.
10-492.JPG
10-493.JPG
10-494.JPG

I guess that wraps it up for this journal. Glad to get this nightmare over. Hopefully the next grow will be "Sweet Dreams"... lol.

Hey Shed, In your LST Tutorial it doesn't appear that you up-potted or you just didn't start LST until the final pot.
This is kind of what I'm wondering about. I'm in a 3 gal. pot now, but plan to go to a 5 gal. My plant is 6" tall & I topped it once & branches have grown 2 nodes. If I bend it in the 3 gallon it will be right to the edge of the pot right now. It was up-potted about 7 - 10 days ago so I'm sure it doesn't have a huge root ball as of yet. Should I up-pot & start LST anyway ? I would think I need to start LST soon.

And the final Harvest. Peyote #3 yielded 164 gr. ( 5 oz. 24 gr.). Haven't tried it. Still smoking on the Cherry on Top. Gave a few buds to friends & they have all said this stuff is the best they've had in a while. Always glad to hear that.
So here's a couple pics.
10-492.JPG
10-493.JPG
10-494.JPG

I guess that wraps it up for this journal. Glad to get this nightmare over. Hopefully the next grow will be "Sweet Dreams"... lol.
Looking good in the neighborhood. Hehe. I see your still busy busy mr Buddy.
The fan you had an issue with ducting I don't think 2 bends will hurt airflow.
I love the white grills great for mounting or hanging stuff.
Bill

Wow @Buds Buddy I’m impressed with everything you’ve done and all of your great posts and info! Like seriously, wicked! Between you and @Bill284 I’ll be re-reading your journals for inspiration and insights for my first journal next month. So impressed. Thanks.
Thank You. Bill seems to be a really good person & very knowledgeable too. He's unknowingly helped me a couple times by comments he wrote that made me think things over a 2nd time. Myself, I'm an experimenter. I'm always trying something I haven't tried yet. So some of my grows don't do too well. But the only way to find out what happens is to try it myself. This grow for instance was not the greatest. I topped & trained plants differently & I think the topping so much did more harm than good. So my best advice is to keep your topping limited.

Looking good in the neighborhood. Hehe. I see your still busy busy mr Buddy.
The fan you had an issue with ducting I don't think 2 bends will hurt airflow.
I love the white grills great for mounting or hanging stuff.
Bill
I went & bought elbows to try to help the air flow around the bends. I only use a 4" exhaust & a 6" intake. Seems to keep the tent just right from sucking in or blowing up when fully zipped.

Hey Shed, In your LST Tutorial it doesn't appear that you up-potted or you just didn't start LST until the final pot.
This is kind of what I'm wondering about. I'm in a 3 gal. pot now, but plan to go to a 5 gal. My plant is 6" tall & I topped it once & branches have grown 2 nodes. If I bend it in the 3 gallon it will be right to the edge of the pot right now. It was up-potted about 7 - 10 days ago so I'm sure it doesn't have a huge root ball as of yet. Should I up-pot & start LST anyway ? I would think I need to start LST soon.
Sorry Buds I thought you were bending instead of topping. No reason to do both since you've already lost the apical stem.

I just tie my top nodes flat after topping to let the lowers catch up.

@Buds Buddy
This can be used when you're at 2g of MC. Substitute this recipe. Everything is measured in grams per gallon, not mL's.

TARGET VALUES AND RESULTS

1620435293596.png

RECIPE

1620435331582.png
A little confused on the recipe part. If this is the recipe for 2 gr. of MC why is the recipe calling for less then a 1/2 gr. ?
Is this correct ? I was just getting ready to mix this up for the 1st time & had to ask about this before doing so. I just figured the MC would say 2.0 gr. Confused why it doesn't. I'll wait till tonight to feed to give you a chance to respond. Thanks again !

A little confused on the recipe part. If this is the recipe for 2 gr. of MC why is the recipe calling for less then a 1/2 gr. ?
Is this correct ? I was just getting ready to mix this up for the 1st time & had to ask about this before doing so. I just figured the MC would say 2.0 gr. Confused why it doesn't. I'll wait till tonight to feed to give you a chance to respond. Thanks again !
We use their calculator as a reference to the N levels, but if we feed 2g of MC only, then the ratios are not what we are shooting for. By adding the other nutrients we can control the correct ratios that cannabis plants love.

I try to refer to these recipes as "MC equivalent." So MrS' recipe is a 2g/gallon equivalent. I find that eliminates the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom