Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

A few more things for the 5 x 5 arrived today (Ink Bird, Fan Controller & Filters for the 6 gal. Humidifiers). I also went & bought a 6" Elbow, Grille for my Intake Air & 6 - 5' pieces of 1/2" PVC for Tent Support Poles.
9-172.JPG

Got the Elbow connected & the ductwork running down the back ready to hook to the window vent.

9-173.JPG
9-176.JPG

Intake Vent is in & waiting on the fan that Fed-X is bringing today.
Waiting on the Wye Fittings still so I can complete the ventilation.

9-175.JPG

I also got the PVC Tent Supports up. It's getting there slowly but surely. Should be ready to run no later then Friday.

9-174.JPG
Curious, why did you choose the 5x5 for the TS3000? I thought about getting the 5x5 for more space for fans and such, even with the TS3000 having a 4x4 flower footprint.

Ultimately went with the 4x4 as I was worried the larger tent would need a bigger fan than the 6" AC Infinity fan I have.

Last two grows things were bought peacemeal.....wish someone had a beginners guide when I started haha. Great journal!

Curious, why did you choose the 5x5 for the TS3000? I thought about getting the 5x5 for more space for fans and such, even with the TS3000 having a 4x4 flower footprint.

Ultimately went with the 4x4 as I was worried the larger tent would need a bigger fan than the 6" AC Infinity fan I have.

Last two grows things were bought peacemeal.....wish someone had a beginners guide when I started haha. Great journal!
I chose the 5x5 for the extra room to put equipment. No other reason. I've had a few 4x4's & things were always tight so upped the area a little. When I put this light on 100% it is really bright in there. It's only on 50% at the moment. I'm pretty sure it will flower 3 - 4 plants nicely.

Looking great buds! Really enjoying the refresher course and picking up some new knowledge along the way to use with my new seedlings. Kinda want to try quadlining again but maybe not on the northern lights that we'll be running low on our supply of soon...i do have a purple haze baby that's starting to take off...may rip some of her limbs off...hmmm

Good Advice there on the lighting. I love the TSW 2000's. 300 watts at the wall & can do up to a 4' x 4' area. My favorite light out of all the different lights I've owned.
Hey buds i was going to try to run both my 2 tsw 2000’s in a 4x4 . Do you think its overkill ?

Hey buds i was going to try to run both my 2 tsw 2000’s in a 4x4 . Do you think its overkill ?

Watch your heat! I would think a single 2000w would be more than adequate for a 4x4 tent and I am into overlighting, especially in flower.

Best advice on lights I have had is to make sure you have a fan right at light level. Most tents have a fan input at the right place. That will help you distribute the heat they generate more evenly and help them run cooler - extending their life.

Watch your heat! I would think a single 2000w would be more than adequate for a 4x4 tent and I am into overlighting, especially in flower.

Best advice on lights I have had is to make sure you have a fan right at light level. Most tents have a fan input at the right place. That will help you distribute the heat they generate more evenly and help them run cooler - extending their life.
I ran a tsw 2000 and a ts 1000 in my 4x4 last grow . Temps were around 78-80f . Good idea about the fan being at light height. My exhaust fan is just above the lights are you talking about that or another fan

Stupid question, what are the core benefits of setting the plants on top of the grills? I would imagine it helps keep the grow environment clean.

If folks are looking for a good job check out Commercial Pest Management i..e.. keeping german cockroaches and rodents out of restaurants. It sounds like the worst job in the world, but I know dudes that pull down a 100(k) U.S.

Once you learn the ropes it is a lot of fun and stuff.

Stupid question, what are the core benefits of setting the plants on top of the grills? I would imagine it helps keep the grow environment clean.

If folks are looking for a good job check out Commercial Pest Management i..e.. keeping german cockroaches and rodents out of restaurants. It sounds like the worst job in the world, but I know dudes that pull down a 100(k) U.S.

My own experience is getting your plants off the floor helps with air flow underneath and helps them dry thoroughly. .

IMG_2629.JPG
My plants in my flower room for example were on a cement and raising them onto a pallet prevents root rot

I think the li'l gal is recovering nicely in her 5x5 Temporary home. Her new limbs are starting to come out a little & her leaves are laying nice & flat; just soaking up some rays.

The way the leaves lay. I may have to copy a page out of my book & post it for some of you to believe it.
Anyways, it seems a lot of people on here (probably the majority) say the leaves on the plants should be pointing upward (They call it praying to the gods) toward the light.
I personally don't believe this. I believe the leaves should be laying flat.
Which leave will get more Photosynthesis ? The one with leaves at an angle or leaves that lay flat under the light ?
The leaves are the plants Solar Panels that soak up the energy & provide it to the plant.
This is another reason I try not to defoliate unless necessary until I get ready to Flower. I want as many leaves as possible soaking up that energy. Once you start to flower you know which leaves are OK to remove. If there's a bud next to it .... leave it. If not & it's blocking light or air .... remove it.
This is the way I defoliate.

Feel free to mention the ways you guys do things so new growers can see other methods. Mine is not the only way. It's just the way I choose & like.

I'll get some pics up soon (tonight or tomorrow. I have to spend most of my day applying for jobs on-line.
Been laid off almost 4 weeks now & it's getting to me being home so much. I must have applied for well over 100 jobs so far. Had 2 calls saying they were closing up shop, 2 calls said they were barely hanging on, 3 interviews - but that's as far as it went. So I gave up on finding a job in Printing that I've done for 42 years & started applying for other things.
I have an interview Monday at UPS for a drivers position. Better then nothing till I can find work again.
Damned this Virus crap !
Good luck on the job hunt. Remember if money is what makes you happy the search for happiness is never over. But whoever said this obviously didn't have bills so forget that and good luck lol.

Not if you put the Ballasts outside the tent. You get maybe 3 degrees of added heat that way.

I ran 3 of them in a 4' x 7.5' Grow shed. I'd do 2 & start out at 50% & increase by 5% every 5 days or so till you hit 75%.
Then after you flip to flower start increasing again till you get 100%. More Light = More Buds !

I use the grilles over Oil Drain Pans to collect the run off. When you feed or water 20% of what you put in should come out the bottom to keep from getting salt build ups in your soil. The grilles let the water drain without the pots sitting in a puddle getting root rot. Then if you have low Humidity the extra water in the run off pans helps to raise it a little. You don't want your pots sitting in puddles for any length of time. It can cause Root Rot & nobody wants that.

where the pictures at buds, you keep mentioning but no pics :laughtwo:

where the pictures at buds, you keep mentioning but no pics :laughtwo:
Having a hell of a time getting the writing to scan clear. Changed the DPI every possible way & still blurry. Not sure how to fix it. I've got 5 good reads with a couple pics here I want to post. Just got to figure out how to make them clear 1st.

and, there really are no stupid questions here. Ya feel me? :snowboating:
I was told as a kid there are no stupid questions just stupid people so everytime I see or hear there are no stupid questions it reminds me of that lol. Yes I grew up making more than my share of mistakes as I didn't want to be stupid people and ask lol. I learnt from all these mistakes,
if you don't know just ask someone who does.
And careful what you say to kids they are like stupid sponges absorb all the waste and anything important goes in one ear and out the other lol.

Back
Top Bottom